Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023

Comments

• Options
    Well done to the Netherlands, had to defend for their lives at the end and earn the point.
  • Options
    Couple of good goals. Not sure why nobody picked up the run of the Yank for the
    equaliser  but well met. 
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Heavy weight contest and rerun of 2019 final which USA won 2-0.
    Excellent competitive match and the Dutch managed to stop the Holders winning 14 games in a row.
    1-1 and the game had everything. Skill, hard challenges, and the  Netherlands went from 20 pass moves to desperate clearances towards the end.
    Horan is a powerhouse player and the Dutch defence went missing from the corner when the Amazon captain powered in a header.
    Good Dutch passing and maybe just Vivienne Miedema short of going deep into this WC.

The USA still the team to beat as that rarely happens.

Hopefully we see more of these quality games when we reach the last 16 KO matches.
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Couple of good goals. Not sure why nobody picked up the run of the Yank for the
    equaliser  but well met. 

The Dutch big defender who went off in the first half Injured would've been marking Horan and her replacement lost sight of her. 
  • Options
    Shame that by far the best contest in this WC started 2am in the UK.
    I watched from 4.15am on BBC from the start with out knowing the score.

It's catch-22 that by having 32 teams in this tournament to give the Amateur teams experience you are going to see an eclectic mix of performances. The low key games have involved teams like Norway who have World class players but have lost their way in terms of team play.

This WC will built and as long as it has better games than the boring African nations in which I watch when I'm suffering from bouts of insomnia.

@Callumcafc do you agree this younger USA team is still the team to beat by the best of Europe, plus Brazil and Japan ?
  • Options

It's catch-22 that by having 32 teams in this tournament to give the Amateur teams experience you are going to see an eclectic mix of performances. The low key games have involved teams like Norway who have World class players but have lost their way in terms of team play.

This WC will built and as long as it has better games than the boring African nations in which I watch when I'm suffering from bouts of insomnia.

@Callumcafc do you agree this younger USA team is still the team to beat by the best of Europe, plus Brazil and Japan ?
    Isnt the next mens World Cup going to have something like 48 teams playing.
  • Options
    I wouldn't underestimate either Japan or Spain. The world is finally catching up with American women's football. 

Lots of good sides Germany, England, Spain, Japan, Holland, US. 

Women's football is in the up and up. 

Passing wise the Japanese have been exceptionally good.

As the American 2019 World Cup winner 2019 said... US cannot any longer rely on their athleticism and physicality.
  • Options

More boring than Switzerland V Norway ? 😊
  • Options
    Good goal for the Portuguese as they go 1-0 against Vietnam 
  • Options
    Nicely taken second goal by Portugal. Hope this doesn't get embarrassing for the Vietnamese. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Portugal are moving the ball around well
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Isnt the next mens World Cup going to have something like 48 teams playing.

If one of the managers in the men's WC say there are no poor teams if there are 48 teams...🤥
  • Options
    TEL said:

Tel, that was the game I was alluding to and to liven it up I froze the action( what action) did some chores and watched the 2nd half on times 2 to speed up the action !

TBF they cancelled each other out and this can happen🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    TEL said:

Tel, that was the game I was alluding to and to liven it up I froze the action( what action) did some chores and watched the 2nd half on times 2 to speed up the action !

TBF they cancelled each other out and this can happen🤷🏻‍♀️
    Yeah agree. Was pretty negative 
  • Options
    Australia v Nigeria... pretty end to end. Two good moments really and both resulting in a goal 
    1-1 ht
  • Options
    Couple of good goals and Aussies backs to the wall  losing 1-3
  • Options
    Late rally not enough for Australia. Well played and deserved Nigeria 2-3 ft. 
  • Options
    Seen all three games today... but footballed out. 
  • Options
    I can tell you they are going crazy in Lagos and West Croydon after that win for Nigeria!
  • Options
    Nigeria doing what England couldn't and beating Australia 3-2.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Terrible result for the hosts, means they almost certainly have to beat Canada now to progress. And even if Sam Kerr does return she won't be anywhere near full fitness.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Daley the top scorer in the WSL last season has been picked at LB again !
    I thought she might start for Russo as the central striker as she is the best header in the team and the chances in the air against Haiti all went begging, Rachel is also good in and around the box on the ground.
    Daley is one of the most versatile players I have seen in the men's or women's game but I never like to see Right footed players at LB.
    I know she played there in the Euros but I was at the Spanish QF game and she was exposed down her flank. Mega call by Sarin Wiegman.
    Lauren James starting for Hemp  makes sense as Hemp can be an impact sub.
    Carter is a good defender but Greenwood moves from LB to CB.

We will soon fine out if it's a master stroke or a mistake to put Daly as the LB. Beth England will have a chance to get minutes for Russo late on.
  • Options
    great goal
  • Options
    Lovely finish 
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Class finish by James who was more central than being stuck on the Left wing to the player she replaced Hemp was against Haiti.
    Playing on the front foot and hopefully the nerves have gone.
  • Options
    England look very good so far
  • Options
    Daly and James proving a point
  • Options
    Really.l good finish that.
  • Options
    Loooks better today. Watching with the sound off as I cannot abide Robyn Cowan’s voice. 
  • Options
    Need to capitalise on this dominance.