Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2023
    Germany are my favourites for the whole thing.

Germany and the USA are the usual course and distance winners in major tournaments and I would expect both to be the team's to beat.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Popp the best header of a ball in Women's football scores another header  and Germany 2-0 up.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Correct 🤔 
    German manager Marina Voss-Tecklenburg is the Doppelganger of Jürgen Klinsmann.
  • Options
    If popp hadn't got injured before the euro final itihht have been a different story. That second header was exceptional 
  • Options
    3-0 just after KO.
  • Options
    Great forward play by Morocco but the experienced defender stepped up to play offside and 'goal' is off side.

4-0 as another great ball in pressures the defender and OG 
  • Options
    I think Spain are better than them. Personally i think they'd have won the Euro's had they not lost Putellas and Hermoso to injury.

Also they have a few players back who had previously gone on strike because of the manager.
  • Options
    A brace of OG's make it 5 for the Germans.
  • Options
    I think Spain are better than them. Personally i think they'd have won the Euro's had they not lost Putellas and Hermoso to injury.

Also they have a few players back who had previously gone on strike because of the manager.

Chris, I agree in the Euro's. 
    If Hermoso and Putellas had been fit in the Q.final against England its hard not to believe they wouldn't have taken one of the four or five chances that fell to Spain in central areas after they puts passes into the box from wide areas.

Spain have a really poor record in WC's considering their record in club football in Europe.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Tennis score:
    6-0 and bagel time.

FT 6-0 after offside 'goal' rightly ruled out.

Morocco will improve from this match but have realized that despite getting to a final in Africa this is a much higher standard when you play a top 4 team in the WC.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chebbak for Morocco is a very good player. Shame the other ten aren't quite so good. 

Defensively Morocco were guilty at times of ball watching and not picking up their markers. 
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Beautiful Brazilian like football by the Brazilians. The 3rd goal was a great team goal and when a players is on a hat trick but flicks the ball back to a better placed team mate who scores 👏 team work rules ok.

The Panama canal defence has just got bigger.

3-0 and counting.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Ary Borges, who scored a hat trick and a good assist goes off after 75 minutes and the female Legend that is Marta comes on for her 6th WC at 4-0 up.
  • Options
    Yeah, that 3rd Brazil goal was delightful
  • Options
    Philippines have just scored their first ever goal at a WC and lead 1-0 half way through the first half in front of a packed crowd at Wellington.  Pretty good goal too, headed in from a free kick.  Commentator had just mentioned that Phillipines are coming more into the match.
  • Options
    Really good game so far Dave. Great goal by Bolden 
  • Options
    Cracking first half. Really well played Philipinnes. 

How many foul throws will the kiwis  get away with? 
  • Options
    Philippines keeper with the save of the tournament in stoppage time to get the win. I cannot emphasise how incredible a save that was! 
  • Options
    Very tense but 1-0 is the final score.  Philippines saved by a very good save by the keeper in injury time.
  • Options
    Fantastic exciting end to end game. Save of the tournament by McDaniel. Well done Philippines ❤️
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2023
    The rule makers who decided that an armpit or a shoulder is offside totally takes away from the law that was changed to say in line is on side. 
    VAR isn't the problem but the human law makers.

Great for the Philippines but a set back for the duel hosts 'Ferns'

Switzerland v Norway should be a battle after the Norwegians put in a poor performance against New Zealand in their 1st match.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Disaster for the kiwis but well done to the Filipinos 
  • Options
    Anyone else think the Philippines players didn’t look very Filipino? 
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

The keeper is Olivia McDaniel who was born in California to a white American dad and a Filipino mother.
    Her sister Chandler is also a footballer in the Philippine squad.
    Her dad is a football coach in California.

• Options
    JaShea99 said:
    They’ve got a few dual nationality Americans I believe 
  • Options
    The assist for the Philippines goal was by Sara Eggesvik who was with us for the second half of the season in our first season back at our current level. I thought the name sounded familiar when I heard the commentary. She's half-Norwegian and has been back playing in Norway since 2019.
  • Options
    Saw second half of the Switzerland Norway game, Switzerland looked fast going forwards but didn't look much like scoring 
  • Options
    The assist for the Philippines goal was by Sara Eggesvik who was with us for the second half of the season in our first season back at our current level. I thought the name sounded familiar when I heard the commentary. She's half-Norwegian and has been back playing in Norway since 2019.

Sara Eggesvik has a Norwegian Father and a Filipino Mother. She indeed played 10 games for Cafc, scoring 1 goal.
    Sara play for Norway's U19 and U23 before switching to the Philippines.
  • Options
    Yeah, that offside against NZ just doesn't sit well with me. Doesn't feel right that that can be offside. But how to fix it?
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Only the Keeper but her sister is the polar opposite