Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023

Comments

• Options
    sam3110 said:

What was this all about?
    Audition for the next Strictly?
  • Options
    Useful chart for TV times etc.

• Options
    Lots of new younger players in the USA team who will always be one of the favourites to win a woman's WC.
    On pain killers again so thought I might as well watch live as can't sleep 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    unlikely but I'd love to see the smug septics slip up against Vietnam. 
  • Options
    Looks like giant adults playing a kids side. 
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Looks like giant adults playing a kids side. 

The 'kids side' did  4 fouls in the first 3 minutes and are enthusiastic. Good flick on  for the first goal for Smith to score.
  • Options
    I have Vietnamese friends and they can be a bit fiery!
  • Options
    Going to be known as the penalty World Cup this...not a fan of VAR
  • Options
    Yes!!  Well saved. Shit penalty 
  • Options
    So many naive challenges in this WC is leading to penalties in every match as defenders go to ground  and catch forwards who know how to roll.
    4th poor pen with 2 good pens so far in WC.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TBF to Vietnam considering the USA beat Thailand 13-0 in their 1st match 4 years ago in WC they have somehow managed to clear the ball in the goalmouth scrambles on most occasions.
    2-0 HT USA,USA, USA etc !
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    TEL said:
    Going to be known as the penalty World Cup this...not a fan of VAR

In this case as the Assistant ref put her flag up ( TBF Morgan's armpit looked offside !)
    But VAR saw the back foot inline with the forward, so goal rightly Shay Given.
  • Options
    Ref didn't have a clear view though. No VAR no penalty I think. Anyway poor kick well saved. 
  • Options
    3-0 against Vietnam shouldn't scare us too much.
  • Options
    Japan v Zambia..  the technique of the Japanese puts our own players to shame. VAR spoiling this tournament though. It's just making this so sterile. 
  • Options
    Two cracking goals by Japan amongst the disallowed offside 'goals'

Over the last 30 years the Japanese woman always play a possession based game.
    Lack of goals is normally their problem.
  • Options
    Zambia's passing has been generally poor, giving the ball away far too often.
  • Options
    Zambia are the lowest ranked team out of the 32 countries in this WC and it shows.
    Outclassed by an experienced team in woman's football.
    Spain and Japan are light years ahead of Costa Rica and Zambia in group C.
  • Options

Recording it as it’s changeover day in the holiday cottage & I’ll have my head down the loo for all the wrong reasons 🤷‍♀️🙄😂😂😂😂
  • Options

Recording it as it’s changeover day in the holiday cottage & I’ll have my head down the loo for all the wrong reasons 🤷‍♀️🙄😂😂😂😂
    What are the right reasons?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2023
    The big decisions were Russo over Daley as central Striker and where would Greenwood and Carter Play. Both can play CB and LB.
    Bright and Carter are Chelsea teammates and hopefully dovetail as CB's.

We won the Euro's because we had game changers from the bench. James, Daly or England off the bench makes sense as Kelly, Russo and Hemp are course and distance winners for England up front.

Just need to be calm and if we only score a couple no problem. If floodgates open then great but get the nerves out the system and play with the confidence of being Euro Champions.

• Options
    That possible penalty for a foul on Kelly shows how VAR can be a really useful tool when not used for nonsense offsides. Good refereeing and 2 correct decisions made
  • Options
    Refs need to practice their oration now, the number of VAR decisions they have to announce!
  • Options
    It’s all about the VAR. penalty appeal turned down due to a foul by England leading up to the terrible challenge by Haiti. Now a handball decision reviewed by VAR given us a penalty, which was taken by Stanway and saved and then retaken due to the keeper being off her line and then scored. 1-0 England. 
  • Options
    This game is VAR on steroids
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Nug said:

Agree But every decision corrected or confirmed  when checked.

• Options
    Nug said:

But every decision correct when checked.

Yeah but it's kinda made the game a bit too sterile. 

Not a fan
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Nug said:

But every decision correct when checked.

Yeah but it's kinda made the game a bit too sterile. 

Not a fan
    You'll love it if it ever means Charlton benefit from a VAR decision. 
  • Options
    Early days but England look to have regressed a bit since the Euros.  Hope they grow into the tournament and don’t bomb. 
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Ironic that a team that has scored for fun under Sarin Wiegman is now in their 4th match where they have only a penalty to show for their efforts.
    Some good crosses have come in but Russo unlike Daly just hasn't managed to get good contact with her head. 

First match nerves and we need to go up a gear despite having 72%  possession, Haiti had two great chances.

The super subs in the Euro's Russo, Toone and Kelly may make way for James, Daly and Zelem/Coombes depending on score after 65/70 minutes. Robinson for Hemp late on will also be possible.

A marathon not a sprint.