Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023

Comments

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Yeah, that offside against NZ just doesn't sit well with me. Doesn't feel right that that can be offside. But how to fix it?
    That's the law. I called it the moment the ball was kicked. It was a pretty fast decision so I assume the var assistants called it. 
  • Options

I watch a lot of Philippine league football. A real mix of good to bad in reality but there are a few gems. One player in particular I think could step up. I'm not sure if the English/Scottish women's league allow the signing of overseas players. Anyone know ? 
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Anyone else think the Philippines players didn’t look very Filipino? 
    Imagine saying that about an England team who aren't all white

Am sure you didn't mean it that way....but, yeah...immigration and mixing of races occurs globally...
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

Am sure you didn't mean it that way....but, yeah...immigration and mixing of races occurs globally...
    Presumably if the whole of the Chinese squad were either totally white european looking or conversely all black african looking you'd think they all looked Chinese?
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Fantastic exciting end to end game. Save of the tournament by McDaniel. Well done Philippines ❤️
    She had a great game. More than can be said for the New Zealand keeper. Even though she had a clean sheet against Norway, you could see she was dodgy and a statue would have saved that header. It was straight at her.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Yeah, that offside against NZ just doesn't sit well with me. Doesn't feel right that that can be offside. But how to fix it?
    You could tinker with the rules to make it onside.
  • Options
    Japan are a machine at times.... two very good goals in as many minutes. So clinical. 
  • Options
    TEL said:

I watch a lot of Philippine league football. A real mix of good to bad in reality but there are a few gems. One player in particular I think could step up. I'm not sure if the English/Scottish women's league allow the signing of overseas players. Anyone know ? 
    No idea on Scotland as i doubt they have the finances but there are tons of overseas players in the English Women's super league.
  • Options
    TEL said:

No idea on Scotland as i doubt they have the finances but there are tons of overseas players in the English Women's super league.
    One of the Costa Rica players plays for Glasgow city. I wonder if you have to be called at international level to be able to play in UK
  • Options
    Pretty poor crowd in Dunedin, just 6,900. 

Can't get a ticket for England Denmark 😳
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Japan 2 Costa Rica 0 walk in the park for Japan who didn't get out of second gear. 
  • Options
    This is a good Japanese team who have won their first two matches.
    Agreed, won the game in the 1st half and game management in the second without needing to be in top gear.
  • Options
    The Japanese team passing is exceptional. 
  • Options
    Zambia can't cope with Spain. need to sort out VAR and also the referee saying "offside, no goal" every time it's not offside and a goal. Happened twice in a row.
  • Options
    Another predictable result. Feel a bit for Zambia 
  • Options
    Has there been any word on what the television ratings have been like for these games so far? 

I imagine the England one did OK, but would be interested to see if the likes of Philippines, Costa Rica etc are getting anywhere near enough viewers to justify the spend that BBC/ITV begrudgingly had to make after FIFA strong-armed them. 
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

“But I’m gonna pick you up on it anyway in the hope that I’ll get some easy likes and I’ll show how woke and anti-racist I am”.

Nice that there were a few sensible replies before that.

I shouldn’t even have to qualify what I said, but I’ve been there and the team I saw didn’t look like the people I met in the country. That’s it.
  • Options
    Goal direct from a corner for Ireland. Great ball in but the keeping not so good
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/sportbible/status/1684174607647924227?s=61&t=DhcZoqjPIyU8T-NaHJeMQg

A thing of beauty. Our first ever goal in the Women’s World Cup ☘️
  • Options
    Canada turned up the heat. Much better second half from them. Didn't realise they were world no7 on the first half showing 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That is the SECOND game so far in which both sides have scored. It's been a pretty rancid tournament ngl
  • Options
    Its been shocking. Hopefully liven's up in the QF's once the teams are a bit more equal and better in quality.
  • Options
    Just out of curiosity are any of the Charlton ladies represented in this WC?
  • Options
    Just out of curiosity are any of the Charlton ladies represented in this WC?
    I think it would have been all over social media if any had been selected for any of the finalists. 
  • Options
    Netherlands take a surprise lead against the US
  • Options
    0-1 HT and a deserved lead for the Dutch. USA look completely out of ideas and getting frustrated, leaving in sly digs after the ball’s gone
  • Options
    Hi Tel are you watching.  Lovely struck goal to give the Netherlands their lead.  First the USA have conceded in the tournament.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    US equalise off a corner 1-1
  • Options
    And that’s how it finishes.