Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2023
    Much better centre forward play by Russo in the last couple of minutes.
    James turn to be a game changer.
  • Options
    Our defence is unconvincing. Better sides will punish us.
  • Options
    Save
  • Options
    Agreed, brilliant save. Another good chance goes begging at the other end. 
  • Options
    Our defence is unconvincing. Better sides will punish us.

Great save by Mary Earps as Millie Bright is struggling with her first match in 4 months.
    Daley with a header from another good cross from Kelly.
    Williamson is a big loss.
  • Options
    What a bizarre end. Restarting the game to play the extra second  :D
  • Options
    Good game that. England certainly deserved the win, but Haiti were worthy opponents. England will need to improve the finishing and tidy up the defending. 
  • Options
    Weird ending !

The experienced defenders in Bright and Bronze kept making basis mistakes.
    Haiti were dangerous on the counter when we gave the ball away cheaply. Mary Earps made the vital save to earn England the 3 points. 

• Options
    At least England won to get some points on the board.

Bright hadn't played since March and we are missing Mead and Williamson so will be hard for us to go all the way in my opinion.
  • Options
    Thought we looked pretty average. The two best teams I've seen so far are Japan and Spain. And I've seen all the games. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2023
    I expected us to be sluggish and providing we get through this group which we should we could be up to speed. I think that is the plan anyway. Bright hasn't really played for months so she needs games.
  • Options
    3-0 against Vietnam shouldn't scare us too much.
    1-0 v Haiti shouldn't scare anyone else too much.  Sadly.
  • Options
    South Africa look dangerous on the break but a bit suspect at the book.  Sweden look competent without being inspired.
  • Options
    Yes the game is a bit dull to say the least. Horrible conditions though, should suit the Swedes more. 
  • Options
    Melchie Dumornay of Haiti exposed both Bronze and Bright with her pace. It was good to see Carter keeping her cool in a one on one. Sarina Wiegman knows that Beth Mead is a massive loss similar to Putellas for Spain in the Euro's.

Great expectations after the Euro win but we will need our opposition to be profligate in front of goal for England to go deep into this tournament.

A win is a win (new clichés) but we only won 1-0 against Austria in our first match in Euro's.

Sweden v SA has lots of effort but lack of quality by the more experienced European side is making this a hard watch.
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Yes the game is a bit dull to say the least. Horrible conditions though, should suit the Swedes more. 
    Even before the goal, I didn't think it was dull.

SA deserved that.
  • Options
    That goal by South Africa will make this an intriguing 2nd half. 
  • Options
    Not sure who has scored Sweden's 2nd goal but I saw it was the Blonde girl 😀
  • Options
    Haha France.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Bright hadn't played since March and we are missing Mead and Williamson so will be hard for us to go all the way in my opinion.
    Forgot Kirby who we are also missing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LenGlover said:
    LenGlover said:

Forgot Kirby who we are also missing.
    Mead is the player we are missing most I think.
  • Options
    Italy Argentina.. Bannini (sp) magical feet for the Argies.
  • Options
    End to end first half. Enjoyed that. 
  • Options
    Fucking annoying commentator putting on a fake Italian accent..  bloody hate that. 
  • Options
    lots of bookings. Wouldn't be surprised if there is a sending off again. End to end but very niggley.
  • Options
    Good game that. End to end blood and guts, shame one team had to lose. 
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Didn't see the whole game but blimey these women leave a bit on their opponents in the challenges!
    Good climax to the game with the Sub scoring with a good header from a quality ball in.

Italy v Argentina was always going to be competitive and you can see what the win meant to the players and coaches.

• Options
    Germany start off their campaign against Morocco: interesting hearing the views of Kirby and Little in the studio. Two skillful footballers who are articulate and informative on the merits of the players.

Germany have dominated European football for decades and England were a tad fortunate that Popp didn't last the warm up in the Euro final.
  • Options
    Germany are my favourites for the whole thing.
  • Options
    Popp with a headed goal after 10 minutes from a pin point cross against the 31st rated team in this WC.