Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023

Comments

• Options
    We look dodgy at the back.
  • Options
    Few mistakes creeping in now 
  • Options
    The Danes are sorting out their press now and coming back into it. We need to capitalise on our dominance 
  • Options
    Nug said:
    Daly and James proving a point

Denmark growing into the game and mistakes by Daly and Bronze very nearly led to the equaliser.
  • Options
    James looks on another level to most of the England players 
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    🤦🏻‍♀️
    Keira Walsh the best passes of a ball in woman's football looks like her WC is over.
    She knew straight away.
    Gutted for her and for England that our bad luck continues.
  • Options
    Lady surgeon writing in WSC said the reason for so many ACL injuries in women’s football is that they wear boots designed for men. Studs are too long for the lighter weight of women, apparently. 
  • Options
    "we just need things to get back down to that optimal level" is it me or the co commentator?
  • Options
    Harder seems pretty hard.
  • Options
    Lady surgeon writing in WSC said the reason for so many ACL injuries in women’s football is that they wear boots designed for men. Studs are too long for the lighter weight of women, apparently. 
    It's a mix of thing, shape of legs (men tend to be more bow-legged, women straighter or even knock knee), boots, the intensity of the game increasing, playing on harder pitches, periods. Loads of research needed. I think Keira Walsh was wearing the women-specific boots that Nike designed for this World Cup
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rothko said:
    It's a mix of thing, shape of legs (men tend to be more bow-legged, women straighter or even knock knee), boots, the intensity of the game increasing, playing on harder pitches, periods. Loads of research needed. I think Keira Walsh was wearing the women-specific boots that Nike designed for this World Cup
    Think I heard that women play less football growing up (particularly lack of academies etc) as well so might not be as strong. Lots of reasons.
  • Options
    Bit more even going into the break. Sad to see another knee injury
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Laura Coombes is a journey woman footballer.

To loose Captain Williamson was unfortunate, to loose the star finishes in the Euros in Beth Mead was a major blow and now to loose the star midfielder that Barcelona paid a record fee for is an absolute disaster. Plus the talent that is Kirby who finds space between the lines.

England have to find a way to cope.
  • Options
    yeah it's the whole professionalism thing, which whilst the players are full time, the infrastructure until they make the WSL is pretty bad, and the conditioning/strength work isn't there. It is changing, but long way to go, and sadly more players will have these nasty injuries 
  • Options
    Time for a bit of long-ball imo
  • Options

More than one reason and are the pitches the woman play on watered enough because this pitch doesn't appear to be as discussed by the Arsenal manager.
  • Options

More than one reason and are the pitches the woman play on watered enough because this pitch doesn't appear to be as discussed by the Arsenal manager.
    Yes pitches are a reason, she also said that the greater use of 3G in the women’s game is a factor. 
  • Options
    Christ, this is hard to watch
  • Options
    Superb corners by Greenwood on the left and Kelly on the right and nearly 3rd time lucky.
    The movement could have been better in the box for the first two corners.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Where would England women have "finished" last season if they played in the men's EFL?
    I'm thinking they are roughly at Charlton's level?
    This sort of flaming obvious bait is well beneath you, lol
  • Options
    Where would England women have "finished" last season if they played in the men's EFL?
    not had enough attention today? 
  • Options
    edited July 2023

Go and watch the Cricket.
    To compare woman's football to men's is so crass.
    Maybe a poor attempt at a Joke ?
  • Options
    Considering Wrexham vets beat the US national team 12-0 I don’t think so
  • Options
    I might get my Yankee up with the usual negativity to women playing football.
    Just need one more of the usual suspects.
  • Options
    If this co-commentator says 'end of' one more time I am going to become the most evil chauvinist this website has ever seen
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    The problem with Stanway playing deeper in Walsh's position is Stanway's can finish where Keira has never scored for England.

Hemp and England as I expected get on.
  • Options
    Keira Walsh has been spotted on crutches and it’s hoped her injury may not be as serious as feared.
  • Options
    Lauren James is superb. Never really watched her before but she’s class.
  • Options
    Phew, that was lucky!