Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Milton Keynes | Tuesday 25th October 2022 | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    dean lewington will score 

This looks like a post made when intoxicated or made in jest about the 38 year old. 🤔

News from a soapbox:
    Dean Lewington has made 780 Apps for mainly MK Dons with a few dozen for Wimbledon.
    Dean has scored 22 goals in those 780 apps and off the top of my head I would say that is a goal every 35.45 games.

He's also absolutely toilet
  • Options
    Sorry but what a complete dick that man is.
  • Options
    COYR
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    The same starting 11 and hopefully have goals in the bag by half time. Then use all the subs. I’m not too bothered if CBT is rested again as I would like to see Campbell have another run out. 
  • Options
    Reckon Campbell will get the start with CBT to come on with 20/30 to go. Looking forward to watching!
  • Options
    Can see maybe Inniss and Fraser being rested to the bench for this one.
    You don’t change a winning team. Same team, go for the jugular first half and hope you can rest some in the second. 👍
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Play as near the same lineup unless somebody is struggling with a knock/injury meaning they go into the game 80pc fit. 
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Smithy said:
    The teams who have come to The Valley to actually play football this season have been comfortably seen off (apart from maybe Derby). If MK still look to play the expansive style of last season, we could absolutely smash them. 
    They won't. They can't score goals so will try to keep it tight I suspect. Ipswich probably will. Any sort of win against MK Dons will do.
  • Options
    People saying tomorrow is a 'must win' game; do me a favour. We're talking about football here. All teams in this league are hard to beat. MK will play to their strengths - which means they will either press high and close us down or defend deep and hope to nick one on the break. If we can score early then yes, it could be comfortable but the team, and the fans, may have to be patient.
  • Options
    Kanu did not play for the U21s today.  On the bench tomorrow?
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Would be ideal if we could rotate the squad to freshen things up, but we don't really have that luxury.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Inniss rested for Thomas however. He needs minutes, in case a CB gets injured.
    Leadership  Sandgaard Capital
    CLEAN SHEET WIN
    CLEAN SHEET WIN
    YOU MAY MOCK
    WE MAY WIN
    MMM-BOP
    MMM-BOP
    MMM-BOP
    TONIGHT IT’S DO OR TRY
    MMM-BOP
    MMM-BOP
    MMM-BOP
    I MADE THE VALLEY CRY

• Options
    0-0
    just can't get the ball in the net
  • Options
    Last time we expected to beat MK Dons because we could have fans back in the stadium, we lost and hardly touched the ball all bloody game.

Watson and Gilbey tracking back did not help us.

Least we have Fraser now!
  • Options
    sm said:

He really should be in the 18 man senior  squad at home. Close to his 18th birthday he can show that when you are a goal scorer with good movement you are hard to mark. 
    My main fears are Daniel will be too successful and emulates Mason Burstow. I really should be use to it by now !

• Options
    edited October 2022
    I expect a thoroughly disapointing result.  That's how this lot has got to me, i've been ground down.  Four wins on the spin would be a real tonic!
    1-1
    THEN we'll tear the Tractor Boys a new one.  It's the Charlton way!

• Sponsored links:

• Options

2-0 win 
    it’s going to be the Chucks show. 
    2 late goals against his old club. 

• Options
    edited October 2022
    sm said:

He really should be in the 18 man senior  squad at home. Close to his 18th birthday he can show that when you are a goal scorer with good movement you are hard to mark. 
    My main fears are Daniel will be too successful and emulates Mason Burstow. I really should be use to it by now !

Kanu played in the Under 18’s v Millwall last Saturday and they have a FA Youth Cup tie v Kingstonian this Wednesday evening
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    sm said:

Kanu played in the Under 18’s v Millwall last Saturday and they have a FA Youth Cup tie v Kingstonian this Wednesday evening
    IMO that is the level he should be playing at the moment. Maybe the odd game for the U21’s, but not mens football yet.
  • Options
    We will lose. We always do when we play bottom of the league teams and the expectation is we will win at a stroll. It is the Charlton Way. 
  • Options
    We will lose. We always do when we play bottom of the league teams and the expectation is we will win at a stroll. It is the Charlton Way. 
    And beat Ipswich 4-0 
  • Options
    4-1 charlton, first game I'm looking forward to since we got relegated back to league one. Chuks to score late on. 
    Mk dons I think will go for it because they are too weak defensively to play like shrewsbury( double block and low possesion). Up the Addicks. 
  • Options
    Has all the makings of a let down draw 1-1
  • Options
     2 - 1