Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Milton Keynes | Tuesday 25th October 2022 | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    Listening to you lot, I will be delighted to find a parking spot.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    They have been pretty calamitous at the back so think we'll try and press high and force errors, hoping for a comfortable win and another clean sheet. Expecting a change of shape and personnel. Can see Payne starting. 2-0.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Oi, boys and girls can I get a ticket tomorrow without some extra charge? 
    I bought one on-line for my son last night (Mon)-it came up as a freebie? I guess there is some invite a friend for nothing offer still running as I am a ST holder (first time for years). Turning out to be good value.  (feeling positive today)
    Are you sure you bought the right game? 
    Ohh maybe its last years game.....
    If Thomas is really still selling tickets to last years games that really is stopping quite low. 
    Great Scott, how will you get there?
    See Doctor Who thread for ideas. 
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Far be it to piss on anyones fireworks but this is Charlton Athletic we are talking about.
    I expect us to win and win comfortably, however, over recent history we have an infuriating habit of finding huge banana skins to trip over……so I also won’t be totally surprised for the kind of a disappointment we all too often find a way of inflicting upon ourselves.
    So…..90% confidence 10% something in the way of disappointment. 🤞
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Far be it to piss on anyones fireworks but this is Charlton Athletic we are talking about.
    I expect us to win and win comfortably, however, over recent history we have an infuriating habit of finding huge banana skins to trip over……so I also won’t be totally surprised for some kind of a disappointment, we all too often find a way to inflict upon ourselves.
    So…..90% confidence 10% something in the way of disappointment. 🤞
    Never mind recent history mate me and you have been on the receiving end of Charlton, defying odds on results for 60+ years 😩. However I’m also going for a win tonight COYRS! 👍
  • Options
    Negativity abounds on this thread. 
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    No, definitely not but reality does.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    On this site
  • Options
    An early goal for us will set us up for the win.  0-0 at half time will threaten a loss of points. However, I expect us to beat Ipswich on Saturday as we invariably rise to the occasion when we play the top teams. "Funny old game, Saint"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Solidgone said:

It's fear

Might aswell just expect the worse to happen...to reduce a charlton inevitable rapid accelerating disappointment.

• Options
    edited October 2022
    Solidgone said:
    Compared to the pre-match previews for the last three games, this topic has been positively sunshine and rainbows.

Too many times this club has scarred the people of SE7. People expected us to get done by Exeter and Shrewsbury and we didn't. Let's hope it goes the same way tonight and we heap more misery on the franchise.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Oi, boys and girls can I get a ticket tomorrow without some extra charge? 
    I bought one on-line for my son last night (Mon)-it came up as a freebie? I guess there is some invite a friend for nothing offer still running as I am a ST holder (first time for years). Turning out to be good value.  (feeling positive today)
    Are you sure you bought the right game? 
    Ohh maybe its last years game.....
    If Thomas is really still selling tickets to last years games that really is stopping quite low. 
    Great Scott, how will you get there?
    Anybody got a TARDIS?
    My car is 21 years old , does that qualify?
  • Options
    🤷‍♂️...Going for a convincing win..3-0, and looking forward to Ipswich, probably same score..yep my glass is def half full🍺👌

• Options
    edited October 2022
    As long as we win and keep clawing our way towards a route out of this shithole division, I don't care how we do it, but, for the long term good of the season, a couple of proper well taken goals in open play for Stockley would be a lovely confidence booster for him, and well deserved too, I think, based on his improving and hardworking recent performances.
  • Options
    A come-from-behind win would be nice too, just to prove we can actually do it.
  • Options
    Clare starts instead of Sessegnon who drops to the bench...
  • Options
    Ouch, we’re a much better team with Sessegnon in the team, and I really do not like Clare at left back from the couple of cameos I’ve seen of him there. 
  • Options
    See Thomas is on the bench...didn't realise he was in the UK.... ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    mendonca said:
    shirty5 said:
    Tonight’s visitors are unbeaten in their last 5 league visits to the Valley 
    Rip up that record like we did our Away one this week.
    Let’s see where we are 10pm ©Seriously Red
    That's the spirit. 😒
  • Options
    Will be interesting to see how we fare against them as (I guess) similar playing team.

Anyway, a surprise even game ending in another addicks victory 

Dos - uno 

*guitar solo noises intensify*

A2V

• Options
    As I was saying.
  • Options
    Assume those that predicted a predictable loss and came on here to repeat the same old points are feeling happy tonight. 

I'd rather watch us with hope that we win than rock up expecting a loss and getting one. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Assume those that predicted a predictable loss and came on here to repeat the same old points are feeling happy tonight. 

I'd rather watch us with hope that we win than rock up expecting a loss and getting one. 
    Why the fuck do you think people would be happy Dazzler..…..naturally, I’m “well pissed off” that I turned out to be correct.😠
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Why the fuck do you think people would be happy Dazzler..…..naturally, I’m “well pissed off” that I turned out to be correct.😠
    As I was saying.

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

As I was saying.

Does that mean I was happy about my prediction …..far from it Dazz I can assure you.
    I am known for being a glass half full character, especially when it comes to being an Addick.
  • Options
    I think we all know that we struggle against teams that sit back & keep 10/11 behind the ball.
    I'd take a 1-0 right now if that were possible. 
    Ahem. 
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Dazzler21 said:

I have never wanted us to see suffer a home defeat but if it makes you feel better to vent your anger then fine