Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Milton Keynes | Tuesday 25th October 2022 | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    Oi, boys and girls can I get a ticket tomorrow without some extra charge? 
  • Options
    Anything less than a win is failure 
    2-0 in a sparsely filled Valley 
  • Options
    dean lewington will score 

This looks like a post made when intoxicated or made in jest about the 38 year old. 🤔

News from a soapbox:
    Dean Lewington has made 780 Apps for mainly MK Dons with a few dozen for Wimbledon.
    Dean has scored 22 goals in those 780 apps and off the top of my head I would say that is a goal every 35.45 games.

He's also absolutely toilet

Don't you wish you were "toilet" and played 780 games in the EFL as a professional footballer and had your afternoons free if no mid week match. I could name 5 Cafc players that won't play that many games between them. Aneke, CBT, Inniss etc despite having talent, have bodies that let them down.

His injury record is ridiculous.

He's played 18 full seasons at MK Dons and in 14 of those he played more than 40 league games. In the other 4 he played 22, 33, 36 and 38.
  • Options
    Not quite the same set-up yet as the "thirteen wins on the bounce, let's lose 0-1 with an own goal" situation v Swindon, but hosting the bottom team after some impressive performances has banana skin written all over it.

So fingers crossed for a professional job, no stupid bookings or sendings off, with shooting boots, no, not just shooting boots, scoring boots, firmly laced.

The starting 11 pretty much picks itself at the moment so hopefully CBT's fit (PWR so I've no idea if his likely presence or absence has already been commented on) and we can terrorise an error-prone MKD's back line.

I'm going 2-0 to the Addicks, Kirk and Chucks.
  • Options
    We need at least 15 each from our wide players but to be fair, based on chances this looks doable. The compsure levels just need to be dialled up a tad.
  • Options
    Typical Charlton- lose this one 1-2 
  • Options
    They will come to defend and try to hit us on the break. I think we can take that as a given. The thing is with struggling teams, they can make errors and I think patience is going to be important tonight.
  • Options
    Having Inniss and Stockley in the team could be crucial tonight. With the number of crosses we're likely to put into the box one of them should score with their head at some point.
  • Options
    Charlton in great form, MK Dons bottom and lost 5 on the bounce.

What could possibly go wrong.........
    yep - you just know what's coming
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As somebody said, don't overlook their away record. But we need 4 wins on tbe trot to keep this feeling and points tally ticking.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    They will come to defend and try to hit us on the break. I think we can take that as a given. The thing is with struggling teams, they can make errors and I think patience is going to be important tonight.
    An early Charlton goal and they will crumble, there’s a reason they are bottom of the league. Those charlton fans in the ground, me included, need to ramp up the atmosphere from the off and put some pressure and doubt on the MK players and blow their game-plan to shreds.
  • Options
    We haven't conceded for 270+ minutes 

If MK dons do score tonight, then my guess is, it's likely to be on the back of a set piece or a mistake from us that they take full advantage of. 

I believe we just need to treat this like any other game and play with a professional mindset

• Options
    I bought one on-line for my son last night (Mon)-it came up as a freebie? I guess there is some invite a friend for nothing offer still running as I am a ST holder (first time for years). Turning out to be good value.  (feeling positive today)
  • Options
    I bought one on-line for my son last night (Mon)-it came up as a freebie? I guess there is some invite a friend for nothing offer still running as I am a ST holder (first time for years). Turning out to be good value.  (feeling positive today)
    Are you sure you bought the right game? 
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

If MK dons do score tonight, then my guess is, it's likely to be on the back of a set piece or a mistake from us that they take full advantage of. 

I believe we just need to treat this like any other game and play with a professional mindset

Surely 180 minutes?

Clean sheets against Shrewsbury and Portsmouth in the last two games but conceded in injury time against Exeter the game before.
  • Options
    Ohh maybe its last years game.....
    If Thomas is really still selling tickets to last years games that really is stopping quite low. 
    Great Scott, how will you get there?
  • Options
    Tonight’s visitors are unbeaten in their last 5 league visits to the Valley 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Rip up that record like we did our Away one this week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mendonca said:
    shirty5 said:
    Rip up that record like we did our Away one this week.
    Let’s see where we are 10pm ©Seriously Red
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Ohh maybe its last years game.....
    If Thomas is really still selling tickets to last years games that really is stopping quite low. 
    Great Scott, how will you get there?
    Anybody got a TARDIS?
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Dave2l said:

Surely 180 minutes?

Clean sheets against Shrewsbury and Portsmouth in the last two games but conceded in injury time against Exeter the game before.

I think last 3/4 have been clean

0-0
    4-2
    0-1
    3-0

• Options
    shirty5 said:

The famous five:
    MK Dons have 5 League visits without defeat at the Valley and Charlton are still waiting to beat a team in the bottom half of the table despite 5 wins against teams in the top 5 when the games occured.

High 5's all round if Charlton hit 5 as reported on Radio 5 live.

...........…...... I blame the strong coffee !

Back on planet Earth: Charlton 2 MK Dons 1
     Stockley a brace (no not the footwear!) and Barry the Villa loanee for MKD.

Don't let me down Jayden; a fiver on the Viking scoring the 1st goal.

• Options
    First game we have had recently where we will have to do the breaking down.

Not our strong point this season. 

I expect a turgid match which hopefully we can shade

1-0
  • Options
    Really hope we beat MK tonight, they have taken far too many points off us in recent seasons. I do believe they are in a false position and will soon climb the league. Tricky one, 1-1.
  • Options
    Is Corey Blackett (I blame Curbs) fit?
  • Options
    As the league table shows, we are not playing the MKD of previous seasons. They are rubbish. Get after them and we should see them off with ease. Let’s have a bit of positivity folks. 

Nurse!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Dave2l said:
    iaitch said:
    Dave2l said:

Surely 180 minutes?

I think last 3/4 have been clean

0-0
    4-2
    0-1
    3-0

That's true but if you say we haven't condeeded for 270 minutes most people wouldn't think of 270 consecutive minutes not 270 out of 360.

It's like saying we're unbeaten this season apart from the three games we lost.
  • Options
    I think we all know that we struggle against teams that sit back & keep 10/11 behind the ball.
    I'd take a 1-0 right now if that were possible.