Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2023

Comments

• Game is well and truly getting away from us

100-0
  • Arshdeep gets Hameed

137-1
  • edited July 2023
    There is a young keeper/batsman called Daniel O'Driscoll who, when I've seen him play, I've been quite impressed with. He is being released by Middlesex at the end of the season but played for our 2s today and scored 90 not out off 106 balls in a 50 over defeat to South Asian Cricket Academy. Needless to say, we did not have a single contracted player in our side with mostly trialliasts like Driscoll but it would not surprise me if he continues to play and do well for our 2s and if as expected Cox leaves, we don't offer him a contract.  
  • 176-1 at close and Notts are 210 ahead
  • Flat pitch, reasonable weather tomorrow. We ought to be able to draw this game.
  • Flat pitch, reasonable weather tomorrow. We ought to be able to draw this game.
    Don’t agree with this at all. Wouldn’t trust us to hold out if they manage to put us in after lunch, Quinn batting at 8 should be enough to worry people. 
    Don’t agree with this at all. Wouldn’t trust us to hold out if they manage to put us in after lunch, Quinn batting at 8 should be enough to worry people. 
    We batted 101 overs in the first innings, which suggests it's not a tricky pitch, especially as tomorrow the weather looks fairly pleasant
  • Wicket to Evison

186-2
  • edited July 2023
    DBD, O'Riordan and Billings all playing for the 2s against Essex today. Only one of those will be playing for the 1s next week.

Daniel O'Driscoll is keeping again and I really would be surprised if we don't offer him a contract at the end of the season. I can't help thinking that the only reason that Middlesex let him go is because they couldn't afford to keep four keepers and with the youngest of those just 23 (and ex England U19s) it appears that O'Driscoll was the "fall guy".  
  • Notts have scored 64 off 9 overs this morning for the loss of one wicket

240-2 and a lead of 274
  • Sponsored links:

• 272-2

Clarke has 64 off 30
  • Blake 2-0-20-0

100 partnership off 62 balls
  • 280-2 and a lead of 314

Really not much point in them batting for much longer I wouldn't have thought
  • Wicket to Jas. Clarke is caught slogging!

291-3 and a lead of 325
  • Another wicket to Jas. Moores caught by Blake on the boundary

316-4 and a lead of 350
  • Wicket to Quinn. Lead is now 364 and by virtue of the lack of a declaration it is clear that Notts would rather not lose the game than try and win it
  • Final wicket to Bhuiyan

372-6 declared, leaving us to get 407 off 72 overs minimum in order to win
  • It's going to be a long day. Albert out for a duck
  • Oh dear oh dear!!!

17-3 at lunch. Albert, Compton and Geddes all out. 
    We batted 101 overs in the first innings, which suggests it's not a tricky pitch, especially as tomorrow the weather looks fairly pleasant
    I did say, don’t think you took into account just how bad we are plus batting last with a big score on the board is never easy. Expect for this to be over just after tea 
  • Sponsored links:

• It's going to be a long day. Albert out for a duck
    Perhaps it's not going to be a long day after all
  • And as if things couldn’t get worse, Jordan cox joins Essex 
  • Essex twitter building up for an announcement - sounds like its Jordan Cox 

• edited July 2023
    And as if things couldn’t get worse, Jordan cox joins Essex 
    The best kept secret!!!

As I say, we will be looking for a young keeper now and I would be really surprised if that person isn't Daniel O'Driscoll although two things might change that - O'Driscoll gets a better offer and/or Seb starts keeping again AND puts runs in the book. I think the former is more likely as things have gone for the lad!!!

Seb's game for Bickley is at Whitstable tomorrow and guess who is umpiring - Jordan's father, Stafford.  
  • edited July 2023
    The best kept secret!!!

As I say, we will be looking for a young keeper now and I would be really surprised if that person isn't Daniel O'Driscoll although two things might change that - O'Driscoll gets a better offer and/or Seb starts keeping again AND puts runs in the book. I think the former is more likely as things have gone!!!

Seb's game for Bickley is at Whitstable tomorrow and guess who is umpiring - Jordan's father, Stafford.  
    Struggling to get excited about a keeper being released from Middlesex! The club backed the wrong horse right at the start of the season when they chose cox over Robinson, everyone knew cox has wanted to leave for a while 
    The best kept secret!!!

As I say, we will be looking for a young keeper now and I would be really surprised if that person isn't Daniel O'Driscoll although two things might change that - O'Driscoll gets a better offer and/or Seb starts keeping again AND puts runs in the book. I think the former is more likely as things have gone!!!

Struggling to get excited about a keeper being released from Middlesex! The club backed the wrong horse right at the start of the season when they chose cox over Robinson, everyone knew cox has wanted to leave for a while 
    100% - if Middlesex's 4th choice is good enough for us that shows how far we have sunk. 
    The best kept secret!!!

Forgive me for the ignorance but it’s actually pretty Hard to get excited about a keeper being released from Middlesex isn’t it! The club backed the wrong horse right at the start of the season when they chose cox over Robinson, everyone knew cox has wanted to leave for a while 
    You really don't have to tell me about Ollie Robinson. I have known the lad since he was born. I also predicted last year that this scenario would happen when some said that we had Billings and Cox and doubted that Robinson was good enough. Unfortunately, we are not in that space now. We've got a Club captain who pretends, when it suits him, that he wants to play for Kent and might play only white ball now and have lost two very promising keeper/batsmen because of the stance he and Kent have adopted.

We are heading, as things stand, for Division 2 and as such beggars so can't be choosers. It's not a question of being excited by the recruits but more trying to get the best that we can afford to get. O'Driscoll has done nothing in the game to date but is 20 and probably better than anything that we have in our system. 
    The best kept secret!!!

As I say, we will be looking for a young keeper now and I would be really surprised if that person isn't Daniel O'Driscoll although two things might change that - O'Driscoll gets a better offer and/or Seb starts keeping again AND puts runs in the book. I think the former is more likely as things have gone for the lad!!!

Who is the best keeper in the club game at the moment who is qualified to play for Kent ?

The best kept secret!!!

100% - if Middlesex's 4th choice is good enough for us that shows how far we have sunk. 
    But he will be our third choice to begin with won't he? And yes we have sunk that low. Wake up and smell the coffee. Remember when I predicted that Robinson would go and some weren't bothered because we still had "Billings and Cox" - well the former has a top score in all forms of the game of 34 for us this season and the latter is off too. 
  • edited July 2023
    The best kept secret!!!

Who is the best keeper in the club game at the moment who is qualified to play for Kent ?

I would probably say Sam Smith of Tunbridge Wells. But he's had numerous chances in Kent 2s and never really taken them. He played in yesterday's game and scored 14. In the same match O'Driscoll scored 90 not out off 106 balls by comparison.