Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2023

Comments

• STOP PRESS ! 

Aussie, James Bazley has been signed for the duration of the 50 overs comp. 

Thoughts ? 
    I read that as Over 50's comp !!
  • Pedro45 said:
    Ed Moore.(Minster) and James Bazeley {Sandwich )added to the Kent 50 over squad....
    That's interesting. For those that aren't familiar with Kent club cricket, Moore is South African A and played for Minster for the last 5 seasons averaging almost 60 with the bat and bowls spin too though that is definitely the lesser of his two disciplines. Bazeley has played plenty of Big Bash cricket and is a quick bowling all rounder. This is his first season playing club cricket in England. 
    https://www.kentcricket.co.uk/news/bazley-joins-kent-spitfires-for-metro-bank-one-day-cup/?utm_source=Kent County Cricket Club&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=14044663_JB Reveal&dm_i=1NLC,8D0XJ,B6NWUV,YGK14,1

No official confirmation re Moore though
    A nice step up for someone who has been making sandwiches this summer.
  • 200-4 and 150 behind
  • Pedro45 said:
    Ed Moore.(Minster) and James Bazeley {Sandwich )added to the Kent 50 over squad....
    That's interesting. For those that aren't familiar with Kent club cricket, Moore is South African A and played for Minster for the last 5 seasons averaging almost 60 with the bat and bowls spin too though that is definitely the lesser of his two disciplines. Bazeley has played plenty of Big Bash cricket and is a quick bowling all rounder. This is his first season playing club cricket in England. 
    https://www.kentcricket.co.uk/news/bazley-joins-kent-spitfires-for-metro-bank-one-day-cup/?utm_source=Kent County Cricket Club&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=14044663_JB Reveal&dm_i=1NLC,8D0XJ,B6NWUV,YGK14,1

No official confirmation re Moore though
    A nice step up for someone who has been making sandwiches this summer.
    As Marnus Labuschagne did 
  • Alex Blake's first FC innings since 2019. 

The new ball is due...
  • One of the things that players like Albert, Geddes, Finch, Blake, Jas Singh, Bhuiyan all have is that they have to prove themselves and have that hunger to do so. They haven't got "in the book" but also don't have three year contracts that mean they can sit back and take time away from the game when things aren't going well.  
  • Blake is playing red ball as if it's white ball. 30 off 26 to date.

210-4 and 140 behind

Finch 44* (111)
  • Blake gone 
  • Blake is playing red ball as if it's white ball. 30 off 26 to date.

210-4 and 140 behind

Finch 44* (111)
    That's my fault. He patted the next 9 balls down as if he had to play like a red ball batsman and eventually missed one of them! Finch has reached another 50.

225-5

• STOP PRESS ! 

Thoughts ? 
    It's convenient for all. Decent enough player who won't be stepping up much on the level he has played at in Australia be if Sheffield Shield or the Big Bash
    Thanks, AA.

I posted before I realised he was one of the club cricketers you'd mentioned earlier. 

With the addition of Parkinson, Bazley and possibly Moore, our squad looks pretty decent, I think. 

Some success this season would be a welcome change from what we've witnessed thus far. 
  • Sponsored links:

• STOP PRESS ! 

Thoughts ? 
    It's convenient for all. Decent enough player who won't be stepping up much on the level he has played at in Australia be if Sheffield Shield or the Big Bash
    Thanks, AA.

I posted before I realised he was one of the club cricketers you'd mentioned earlier. 

With the addition of Parkinson, Bazley and possibly Moore, our squad looks pretty decent, I think. 

Some success this season would be a welcome change from what we've witnessed thus far. 
    Our squad, compared to many, should be worthy of doing well. The two issues are injuries and form. 
  • Unfortunately, Middlesex have beaten Warwickshire by 8 wickets and jump above us as things stand
  • edited July 2023
  • 275-5 and just 75 behind now
  • Great stand between Finchy & Joey.
  • Great stand between Finchy & Joey.
    Evison has been an excellent signing and can only get better in all forms of the game with bat and ball given how young he is. Finch, as I've said before, is Seb's favourite player he has batted with because he helped him so much a couple of years ago when they played together for Kent. He is desperate to prove people wrong and has had to bide his time in the 2s but is now preforming as if he deserves to keep his place in the side. 
  • I must stop saying nice things about our players - after Blake I can now claim Finch who has just left one that has taken his off peg for 73 (156)

293-6 and 57 behind

Evison 48* (67)
  • Mea culpa ! 

Went outside to see if Mr F had fallen off his ladder ( cleaning windows/paintwork) , only for a minute , but long enough for a wicket to fall. B*gger! 

But well done Harry ! 
  • 300 up and 5 bonus points in total
  • Evison cleaned up for 49 (69)

300-7
  • Sponsored links:

• NO ! Commentator's curse sees Joey bowled for 49 ! 

At least we've reached 300 & another batting bonus point.

Now for a quick half century from Jas.....
  • Quinn and Jas in. I'm not over hopeful that we will get another bonus point or a lead in the remaining 10 overs
  • Quinn and Jas in. I'm not over hopeful that we will get another bonus point or a lead in the remaining 10 overs
    Oh ye of little faith !  B)
  • Quinn gone

308-8
  • Another batting point in the bag though. 
  • The Singh brothers in the middle. I can claim having some input into the batting of one but not the other!
  • Jas dropped in the deep followed by Arshdeep being caught on the boundary

316-9
  • Bhuiyan LBW first ball

316 all out and 34 behind
  • Not a bad day's work IMO. 
  • Not going so well now

50-0