Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2023

Comments

• Middlesex 9-2

I feel a points deduction coming on
  • Middlesex 9-2

I feel a points deduction coming on
    11-3
  • Wicket to Arshdeep. Great ball to Young and caught behind by Finch

123-2
  • Did I mention the wicket ..... :)
  • Did I mention the wicket ..... :)
    Disappointing thing about that is that the game is at Edgbaston and not Lord's from that perspective of a possible points deduction
  • Matt Parkinson to play for us in the One Day Cup ahead of his permanent move at the end of the season
    Excellent for Kent but a bit of a ridiculous situation that a bowler who is generally well thought of and played T20 internationals last year is unable to get a 100 contract. Something in the system isn't working if our spinners cant even get a game in the format where they are most effective.
  • Speaking of spinners Dan Moriarty seems very settled at Yorkshire on loan. Hes playing there picking up wickets and from social media seems to be right in the heart of the group. Yorkshire even posted some clips on instagram of him taking worldies in fielding drills - which got me as Batty has said his fielding is a reason not to pick him.

Surrey are going to regret this loss for sure.
  • Middlesex 31-4

• Speaking of spinners Dan Moriarty seems very settled at Yorkshire on loan. Hes playing there picking up wickets and from social media seems to be right in the heart of the group. Yorkshire even posted some clips on instagram of him taking worldies in fielding drills - which got me as Batty has said his fielding is a reason not to pick him.

Fact is that with a squad as big as Surrey's, they can't keep everyone happy. Some will be happy to take the money but most will want to be playing. Moriarty and Virdi have been given next to no games whatsoever and it is soul destroying doing the 2s circuit with no hope of getting a first team gig. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2023
    Speaking of spinners Dan Moriarty seems very settled at Yorkshire on loan. Hes playing there picking up wickets and from social media seems to be right in the heart of the group. Yorkshire even posted some clips on instagram of him taking worldies in fielding drills - which got me as Batty has said his fielding is a reason not to pick him.

Fact is that with a squad as big as Surrey's, they can't keep everyone happy. Some will be happy to take the money but most will want to be playing. Moriarty and Virdi have been given next to no games whatsoever and it is soul destroying doing the 2s circuit with no hope of getting a first team gig. 
    Agreed. With Virdi while he can feel hard done by, his fitness has been questioned and his form has fallen off a cliff from his peak in 2018. Hes showed some signs in the 2s this year so hopefully he is on an upward trajectory. With Moriarty its even less justified. Every game he has played he has contributed and done well, taken wickets and performed. His record is good across all format. He's been a victim of Batty's philosophy in the 4 day stuff and then absolutely shafted in the T20's this year for absolutely no reason. When we picked Cam Steel (a Rory Burns type 4 day opener who bowls a bit of leg spin) to bat 10 and not bowl in T20's for 5 or 6 games this year rather than picking Moriarty you know the coaches have something against you. Dan has every right to feel shafted and want out. His loan trial at Yorkshire is going well, they clearly value him and all the talk is he is joining them permanently and if they back him I'm certain he will perform. Would not be surprised to see him in the England setup in the not too distant future.
  • Hants 120 all out against Essex. Jamie Porter 5-37
  • Quinn traps Clarke LBW

159-3
  • 100 to Slater

166-3
  • Wicket to Jas with a beauty to have Slater caught behind for 100. Jas has bowled too many 4 balls today but was unlucky with one early doors that Slater almost chopped on

169-4
  • Middlesex are one behind Warwickshire and now 5 down
  • As an indication of how our batsmen have been performing, in terms of consistency this season, here are the number of innings, their average followed by, in brackets, their average taking out their their biggest score of the season. It rather demonstrates how one innings can skew some player's overall contribution to the team:

10 - DBD 54.55 (21.11)

4 - Finch 45.25 (22.33)

11 - Muyeye 39.09 (25.10)

11 - Crawley 36.63 (23.30)

18 - Compton 34.52 (27.82)

16 - Evison 34.21 (29.23)

18 - Leaning 24.81 (21.93)

17 - Cox 24.06 (16.80)

9 - Qadri 21.12 (13.86)

10 - Stewart 20.60 (17.33)

3 - McKerr 20.50 (18.00)

8 - Hogan 18.75 (16.67)

8 - Agar 16.00 (10.17)

7 - Arshdeep Singh 13.00 (9.00)

12 - Quinn 11.30 (8.44)

10 - Billings 9.20 (6.78)

11 - Denly 7.63 (3.90)

2 - Bhuiyan 7.00 (4.00_

I get your point but averages are calculated for a reason. You can't take away 0's because it makes it look worse than it is.

I played golf yesterday, had 2 birdies, 14 pars and two double bogeys. Let's get rid of the birdies a 16 handicapper shouldn't shoot birdies?
    You play off 16 and finished 2 over par? 

That’s brilliant but also banditry to the supaclive level 
    Oi!  I'm off 4.1 nowadays!
  • Bad light stopped play

190-4 off 54 overs 
  • edited July 2023
    Middlesex 78-6 so 16 wickets have fallen for 138 runs so far today
  • Play to resume at 5.15pm
  • Sponsored links:

• Middlesex 144/6 now and a lead approaching 100. 
  • Northants 262-3...
  • Not for the first time this season, Compton has dropped one and it really wasn't a difficult one at slip off Arshdeep. Compton has gone off as a result. Let's hope it isn't a serious injury. Mullaney was 16 at the time

217-4
  • Middlesex 199 all out so a lead of 139
  • Not for the first time this season, Compton has dropped one and it really wasn't a difficult one at slip off Arshdeep. Compton has gone off as a result. Let's hope it isn't a serious injury. Mullaney was 16 at the time

217-4
    Maybe captain Jack showed him the red card......
  • Jas has Mullaney LBW

252-5
  • Warwickshire are 36-2 in their second innings and still need another 103 runs to avoid an innings defeat
  • 275-5 off 81 at close
  • We have taken the new ball with the very first ball of day 2
  • When asked about whether Sam Billings could have played, Matt Walker said that it would have been too quick, having been out for three weeks, for him to be thrust into the game. Which does rather beg the question as to why he hasn't played any matched in the 2s in the interim and why he is playing on Friday in the 2s when he won't be playing another game for the first team for at least another five weeks.