Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Euro 2024 qualifying

Comments

• Options
    Good penalties so far
  • Options
    Hahaha jinxed it
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    S4c commentary like channel 9 on the fast show 
    Dan James has the Chris Waddle moment...
  • Options
    edited March 26
    Worst time to miss a penalty...

Oh well lads, fraid you wont be able to try and knock England out this time round
  • Options
    edited March 26
    Wales miss out. Poland win on penalties.

Group D : France, Netherlands, Austria, Poland
  • Options
    Pathetic penalty 
  • Options
    Felt weirdly inevitable that.  Not just Poland looking very assured in the shoot-out, but also Dan Janes being a bit of a crap finisher, plus a weird centrally non-run up.

Could see it coming.
  • Options
    Some cracking Polish penalties
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would rather Wales had won tbh, Wales v Netherlands, France, Austria etc is more interesting than Poland against the same teams.
  • Options
    Don't understand why goalkeepers don't just stay in the middle of the goal. You're guaranteed to save at least one or two.
  • Options
    Lol
  • Options
    Don't understand why goalkeepers don't just stay in the middle of the goal. You're guaranteed to save at least one or two.
    Do that for the first one or two and the rest will just stick it calmly in the corner?

But I'm surprised a couple of keepers don't try it now and again.  Last keeper I remember seeing doing it was Samba at Forest in the playoffs a couple of years ago and he saved one like that.
  • Options
    Poland keeper better - Poland defended & were confident for the penalty shoot out. Wales should have gone for it more in normal time. 
  • Options
    gutted for them 🤥
  • Options
    A lot of Tyskie to be drunk in Cardiff tonight.
  • Options
    Do that for the first one or two and the rest will just stick it calmly in the corner?

But I'm surprised a couple of keepers don't try it now and again.  Last keeper I remember seeing doing it was Samba at Forest in the playoffs a couple of years ago and he saved one like that.
    If you've saved one or two then it should be enough.
  • Options
    Ah well never mind....

Hahahahhahaha
  • Options

If you've saved one or two then it should be enough.
    But what if the first one or two aren't stuck down the middle.

"Oh he's not diving, just pick a corner and you're fine."

Only a good strategy if the first taker goes down the middle.

Varying it up a bit and sometimes staying down the middle, I agree with you they should give it a go more often than they do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Penalties are a lottery, I'd rather be the keeper than take a penalty.
  • Options
    Would rather Wales had won tbh, Wales v Netherlands, France, Austria etc is more interesting than Poland against the same teams.
    Why would it be more interesting?
  • Options
    Poland likely to have some cherubs in the crowd so no issue, also with a finals in Germany will have massive support! Better than a load of twats in bucket hats 
  • Options
    Never used to mind them until they decided to video us getting knocked out - small nation mentality. 

Quite fitting that the player that missed the deciding kick is from Kingston upon Hull. 
    Why?
  • Options
    I think they should decide on at least one to start a fake dive and stay central. It makes them look foolish if the kick isn't central but I think percentage wise it would benefit them. Also if they do this enough times, it gives the taker more to think/worry about.
  • Options
    HAHAHAHA They’ll be no sheep shaggers in Berlin…
    They can stick to supporting whoever is playing England, as usual.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Why would it be more interesting?
    Did you watch last night?  Even just the penalties?  Lots did, and I don't think they'd have watched Poland v Finland if Wales had lost the game before.

Whether you want them to win or lose there's definitely a bit more skin in the game for matches involving British/Irish teams than other countries of a similar size.
  • Options
    Hooray! Wales can get stuffed.
  • Options
    I didn’t want Wales to qualify but (and apologies if this has been covered elsewhere) I hope they don’t sack their manager. I can think of a possible replacement working in SE7. Would be just our bloody luck!