Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Euro 2024 qualifying

1101112131416»

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Surprised at how many people are happy Wales failed. I always want the British teams (and failing that, Ireland) to do well. Far more in common with those nations than the rest of the world.
    Yeah i often find myself cheering on palace and the scum for that same reason 

No way,  I want all neighbours to suffer and lose cos rightfully they (mostly) love it when we’re shit so yep let them suffer to 
  • Options
    Come on @se9addick
    you can’t be that surprised?

have you never read the match threads before England play your mob or wales etc 

I have got more in common with Millwall but doesnt mean I wanted them to beat Ferencvaros when they played them in Europe 

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Surprised at how many people are happy Wales failed. I always want the British teams (and failing that, Ireland) to do well. Far more in common with those nations than the rest of the world.
    karma.

https://youtu.be/sOHgwMA18UI
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    As others have said, its they way they behaved in 2016. 
  • Options
    I’d prefer it if the rest of the home nations qualified as it gives the tournament a bit of added excitement but once they’re there, I want them to get smashed every game 
    can’t wait for the opening game when the krauts wallop the sweaties. Look at their record ever since they qualified, they then came up against us in a friendly and never laid a glove
    It’s gonna be embarrassing for them and I can’t wait 
  • Options
    Leaving aside local rivalries, as a neutral it would hardly be exciting seeing Wales in the Euros. Without Bale they aren't "interesting" any more.
  • Options
    Yeah I never had issue with Wales, always felt it would be great if we could have a Tournament will all the Home Nations involved (Guess we will in four years time) - But the Welsh captured on video cheering our exit back in 2016 was the turning point for me.

The love affair the media have with them is sickening too - Had England been captured on video celebrating a teams exit from the competition like that, it would have been both a National / International Scandal, which would probably result in whoever the Manager was being sacked, for no other reason.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    By the same thing we should cheer on France then? Seeing as they're our neighbours, we share a rail tunnel with them and we had dual monarchy with them at some point in history?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 27
    I would have been happy if Wales qualified but if I'm being honest, it didn't bother me that much they didn't.
  • Options
    I would have been happy if Wales qualified but if I'm being honest, it didn't bother me that much they didn't.
    Probably would have preferred them to qualify as it’s another three matches I am emotionally invested in rather than just three random Poland matches. 

Would have been better for the environment as the Wales/Scotland teams could travelled back together after going out in the group stages. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    se9addick said:
    By the same thing we should cheer on France then? Seeing as they're our neighbours, we share a rail tunnel with them and we had dual monarchy with them at some point in history?
    You think England has as much in common with France as it does with Wales? Really?
  • Options
    edited March 27
    se9addick said:
    sam3110 said:
    se9addick said:
    You think England has as much in common with France as it does with Wales? Really?
    Well Edward I conquered Wales, and was from the House of Plantagenet which originated from France

It was a Plantagenet King when the Magna Carta came into effect too etc.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    sam3110 said:
    se9addick said:

The English language gets 40 per cent of its vocabulary from French whereas there seems to be only maybe 10 words that come from Celtic. Regarding phonology, English spoken in England (not Scotland or Ireland) adopts no Celtic sounds.

Also, as se9addick  says, England and  Normandy  were ruled by the same royalty for centuries. 

Apart from Wales being in the UK, it’s arguable that England has more in common with France than with Wales.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    I've been to Spain and their islands about 30 times. 
    I've been to Portugal about 10 times. 
    I've been to Egypt 10 times. 
    And I've been to plenty of othe countries as well.

I've never been to Ireland, North or South. 
    I've never been to Scotland. 
    I've only ever been to Wales to watch Charlton play. 
    I feel I have far more in common with other countries than I do our closest neighbours. 

Plus they all want us to lose. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    I've been to Spain and their islands about 30 times. 
    I've been to Portugal about 10 times. 
    I've been to Egypt 10 times. 
    And I've been to plenty of othe countries as well.

I've never been to Ireland, North or South. 
    I've never been to Scotland. 
    I've only ever been to Wales to watch Charlton play. 
    I feel I have far more in common with other countries than I do our closest neighbours. 

Plus they all want us to lose. 
    I have never been to Scotland and sort of instinctively aim for where it is warmer rather than colder. I do enjoy it in Europe, you have the Alps, the lakes the beaches and the food in the case of some countries. And for the most part they are very friendly, except for the French :).