Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• Options
    What happens here? Can we cancel the loan? Pointless him being with us if true. 
    Wow !

When JFC did his ACL (for the 2nd time) we renewed his contract for A WHOLE YEAR and he was out for 9 months of that.

Double standards methinks.

(This is to all those who disagreed with me when I said we shouldn't have renewed it)

Yes.....JFC was our player whereas Kane isn't blah blah blah.

Same difference in my book. Got injured on our watch. 

JFC was injured doing his job, playing for CAFC. By any common standards of decency he had to be offered a new contract , if only for a year to recover. I bet it was a basic salary, just so he keep going financially . If you want to treat people by throwing injured players on the scrapheap it would be going back to Victorian times of wicked mill/mine owners, women dying of fossi jaw making matches and sending children up chimneys. Also hat makers going mad from mercury poisoning.

This is not directed at anyone just stating that CAFC needed to take care of employees
    The worst thing it would have done, IMO, is prove Lyle Taylor right.
  • Options
    _nam11 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    _nam11 said:
    RE:- sending Kane back.

I could be wrong, but I thought loans could not be terminated until 28 days of the registration has lapsed unless;
    a) it was agreed by both parties, by way of a recall clause 
    b) the league may grant it, if agreed by both clubs if the player cannot fulfil the rest of the term due to injury (May/June).
    How did we get AMB back?  
    Goalkeepers are able to be called back at any time providing it gets sign off from the league for extreme cases, or the parent club has only one professional keeper registered.
    That wasn't the case when he came back though.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    have to admit I'm not really that bothered about this transfer window. Relegation very unlikely as is promotion. Just want to hang on to Leaburn, Ness, Fraser & Dobbo and if we can bring in a couple like Todd (point to prove, out of contract in the summer, take a good look at them now) then great. The summer will be a big rebuilding exercise.

Of greater importance now is who will be owning us and what their ambition is.
    Might need to give the first two a pay rise, as Fraser is paid 15x what they are. 
    I’ll bite. So if Miles is on £500 a week Fraser is on £7,500 a week? If Miles is on less than that we have no chance if a big club comes calling.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    JamesSeed said:
    have to admit I'm not really that bothered about this transfer window. Relegation very unlikely as is promotion. Just want to hang on to Leaburn, Ness, Fraser & Dobbo and if we can bring in a couple like Todd (point to prove, out of contract in the summer, take a good look at them now) then great. The summer will be a big rebuilding exercise.

Might need to give the first two a pay rise, as Fraser is paid 15x what they are. 
    I’ll bite. So if Miles is on £500 a week Fraser is on £7,500 a week? If Miles is on less than that we have no chance if a big club comes calling.
    True according to this. Apologies if already posted on here but I haven’t come across it. 

https://salarysport.com/football/sky-bet-league-one/charlton-athletic/

Though I reckon it is not fully up to date. 

Imagine the issues that could cause in a dressing room if it’s anything remotely close to being accurate. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

True according to this. Apologies if already posted on here but I haven’t come across it. 

https://salarysport.com/football/sky-bet-league-one/charlton-athletic/

Though I reckon it is not fully up to date. 

Imagine the issues that could cause in a dressing room if it’s anything remotely close to being accurate. 
    Bet Ryan Inniss ain’t happy either
  • Options
    Kirk, Payne, McGrandles.....

Sheesh
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    No. Most business is not done late by an organised club, with clearly identified targets, a budget to work with and a strategy 

We've sadly had none of this since 2018.

We've also not had our own, proper left back since May!  
    May? My memory's going. Where did we get him from?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Trouble is everyone knew Kane had a poor injury record….it blows my mind we signed him. If we’re finically up against it you don’t sign people who have the chance of not playing for months. Why even risk it? (Unless we’re paying minimal wages) Then again we have the same recruitment team in place who resigned Aneke when he was constantly injured at Birmingham 
  • Options
    We should count ourselves lucky that TS has been paying our wages on time…not like Wigan see news about to break (3 points deduction coming up) for 3 late payments of wages last year https://www.efl.com/contentassets/2360941774f04705bf2c384b511bca04/efl--wigan-athletic---agreed-decision.pdf
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Major said:
    supaclive said:
    No. Most business is not done late by an organised club, with clearly identified targets, a budget to work with and a strategy 

May? My memory's going. Where did we get him from?
    Came in after April, just before June if you remember... ;)
  • Options
    We should count ourselves lucky that TS has been paying our wages on time…not like Wigan see news about to break (3 points deduction coming up) for 3 late payments of wages last year https://www.efl.com/contentassets/2360941774f04705bf2c384b511bca04/efl--wigan-athletic---agreed-decision.pdf
    Suspended 3 point deduction.
  • Options
    supaclive said:

Even the most organised club can’t control what other clubs, players and agents are doing. Some signings have to wait even if you’ve got plenty of money to spend. We made late signings under Powell and Bowyer when we were doing well, Cort, Cullen etc. The top 6 will make some late signings in this window, that doesn’t mean they aren’t organised.

I haven’t been impressed by the way Sandgaard is running the club but the problem isn’t not having a strategy and targets, it’s who’s coming up with the strategy and how they identify our targets.
  • Options
    We should count ourselves lucky that TS has been paying our wages on time…
    What a time to be alive  ;)
  • Options
    I started the year thinking that we had turned a corner & that I could trust what people (aka Andy Scott) said. 

I'm afraid to say that another transfer window is passing us by and that everyone in charge at CAFC lies with gay abandon. To this end Andy Scott is no different to Gallen/Sandgaard or Southall.

All talk and no action.

Gah.............I'm done  !
    I stopped expecting new faces at the club when Airman said we will only be bringing in loans and free agents. It was obvious the new lot sniffing around have no money.

Sorry, but why would someone sniffing around provide money for transfers?
  • Options
    If I was looking to buy my neighbours house, I wouldn’t pay his mortgage whilst the sale was going through. Apologies for the house buying analogy, but in my defence I was general manager of a building society back in the day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redhenry said:
    We have a decent base at the moment and I don’t want to add players like Purrington to the squad. We have to be aiming higher. More Sess type signings less Purr pls Charlton
    I completely agree that Sess is miles better and I don't want Purrington back either. But he would certainly do a job in League 1.
  • Options
    I started the year thinking that we had turned a corner & that I could trust what people (aka Andy Scott) said. 

I'm afraid to say that another transfer window is passing us by and that everyone in charge at CAFC lies with gay abandon. To this end Andy Scott is no different to Gallen/Sandgaard or Southall.

All talk and no action.

Gah.............I'm done  !
    I stopped expecting new faces at the club when Airman said we will only be bringing in loans and free agents. It was obvious the new lot sniffing around have no money.

Well it’d be daft to doubt Airmans obvious good information but that doesn’t necessarily mean any new owner has no money. We know Sandgaard isn’t looking to spend but he’s the owner. Would we really expect new people to spend money on something they don’t actually and might never own ? Of course not. You’re probably right but as has been said a million times. So many things don’t add up.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    supaclive said:

I can't remember the last time we owned a proper, really good left back.  Page was good but always injured.  Possibly as far back as Wiggins, although I have probably forgotten someone.

Before we signed Purrington in 18/19 we were losing/not winning games because we didn't have a left back.  Once we signed him we had a much more balanced back four.  He got a reputation as a solid 7/10 every game he played. 

You don't need a world beating 1-11 to do well.  You need an average of about 7.5 in every position with some 9s, hopefully a 10, and no one under a 6.  A Purrington is exactly what we need.  Unless we can find the mext Ashley Cole.

Exactly this. 
  • Options
    Can people stop pissing their pants because the window is STILL FUCKING OPEN!!!

Some individuals need to grow the hell up

Fed up with the whinging ever since the window opened
    that’s all we get on this site about anything
  • Options

Championship promotion-chasers Sheffield United have been placed under a transfer embargo by the English Football League.

The move relates to a breach of rule 52.2.3, which concerns the default of payments to another club.

The EFL has not specified which club or player the matter relates to.

However, the move means the Blades cannot register a player "without the written prior consent of the league" until the overdue payment is made.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64347567

• Options
    There is no chance that Sam Cosgrove is on nearly a million quid a year.