Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Got to say disappointing transfer window.  Trouble is you can have the ambition but if players don’t want to come, unless you pay silly wages it’s going to be tough 
    We don’t have money or ambition. 
  • Options
    Blackburn hoping to sign Porteous from Hibs next week, central defender, and maybe that releases Edun.
    I think Hibs are also interested in Edun so not good news.
  • Options
    The transfer window isn't over yet...plenty of time to do business in 10 days.
    Problem with January is that majority of clubs won't sell unless it's for stupid money or they have a replacement lined up which can leave it late.

I understand we don't have money to splash but there are deals to be had no doubt. Ipswich have paid a 7 figure fee for a young, fairly unproven lad from Arsenal. It's crazy.

I think Edun will sign but not until later on. 

January window is ridiculously hard to navigate.
  • Options
    I do wonder if there might just have been a bit of panic around the club when it was looking very possible we could easily get dragged into the relegation places. We heard rumours of money being spent and Scott arriving with a reputation for sourcing players but now, when although far from certain it’s looking like we’ll just finish somewhere in the middle perhaps the rush to sign players in January has become less urgent. If we believe rumours there’s not a lot of money from either TS or whoever is looking to take over. Not spending unless extremely necessary must look very attractive?
  • Options
    There is no chance that Sam Cosgrove is on nearly a million quid a year. 
    Isn't he on loan from the championship?
    He wasn't on £5k at Aberdeen and has struggled to score regularly since leaving them.
  • Options
    I do wonder if there might just have been a bit of panic around the club when it was looking very possible we could easily get dragged into the relegation places. We heard rumours of money being spent and Scott arriving with a reputation for sourcing players but now, when although far from certain it’s looking like we’ll just finish somewhere in the middle perhaps the rush to sign players in January has become less urgent. If we believe rumours there’s not a lot of money from either TS or whoever is looking to take over. Not spending unless extremely necessary must look very attractive?
    Except to the fans and those waivering over a new season ticket. I’m sure I’ll get the true fans will go but I’d tell them to have a look around the stadium on match days. We are in trouble as a club and we desperately need a change of owner/fortune/league.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think Dubai raised the expectations of the transfer window and is now disappointed.

It all seemed rather hopeful. 
  • Options
    There’s still time 
  • Options
    Disappointing window so far and I cant see it getting much better. Disappointing takeover so far and I cant see it getting much better. Wait I see a theme occurring. 
  • Options
    You have to ask what was the purpose of the 3 amigos that turned up with Holden was/is all about.
    Hardly running shot gun in the transfer market so far. And isn't one of them on their toes when the window closes?
  • Options
    Quite funny! Wonder who owns the car? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    J BLOCK said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Got to say disappointing transfer window.  Trouble is you can have the ambition but if players don’t want to come, unless you pay silly wages it’s going to be tough 
    We don’t have money or ambition. 
    We do have the backing now might just be like every Jan window most business gets done  in the last few days … 
    So who is backing us Ronnie, name a person who is injecting cash into the club other than TS
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Quite funny! Wonder who owns the car? 
    Ronnie Schwartz  ;)
  • Options
    Though what he'd be doing in Marlow is beyond me @mendonca
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    It's all just so disappointing...

• Options
    Seems like we're waiting on Blackburn giving the green light for Edun to move. By all accounts he's an excellent player so I'd rather wait for a quality player on a loan to buy than go after a lesser player because we couldn't wait 10 days to bring in cover for a left back who isn't actually out with a long-term injury. Going into this window we needed a right back, a left back and a striker. Kane's unfortunate injury aside we're not far off and there's clearly a plan. If the window closes and we haven't signed a left back at all then sure, I know a guy who can get us a deal on pitchforks, but it feels quite early to be starting the waterworks just yet. I don't know how some of you summon the energy to be this emotionally fragile all of the time. Must be exhausting.
    To be fair to the club, this can be a problem. They seem to have identified a player but have to wait for the player's club to find a replacement. The deal is on in principle but can't happen until something beyond your control does. Do you go for another target when the deal is still on or wait for the player you want? I suppose that decision lies with your communications with the loaning club and how likely the deal is. I presume they want to loan the player to develop him but if we don't have him, somebody else probaby will.
  • Options
    Have our recruitment team been getting managers for Peterborough?