Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Lincoln City | Saturday 7th January 2023 - 3pm KO

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2023
    Excellent turn under pressure from Dobson completely broke their high press, took four players out of the game. Shame the momentum we had was completely killed by a terrible first touch from Morgan.
  • Options
    Curbs talking about Man Utd and the fact we have never beaten them, remember that 3-3 game at The Valley, memories and that Robinson leveler, what a match.
    Well that’s wrong I seen us beat Man Utd three times. Twice at Sellout Park and once at Old Trafford.
    Those were under Lennie I assume rather than Curbs
  • Options
    Cheeky little back heel from Leaburn just then, almost catches out the Lincoln keeper although going wide. 
  • Options
    Leaburn is so cheeky... Shame that attempt didnt find its way in

Low cross from Rak-Sakyi into the box, back hill flick from Leaburn, almost gets on target, was probably never threatening the Goalkeeper - But love his confidence to try that.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    I assume Curbs was talking about when he was manager. They were the only team that we couldn't get a win against. 
  • Options
    Can't remember a player as infuriating as Albie Morgan 
  • Options
    I assume Curbs was talking about when he was manager. They were the only team that we couldn't get a win against. 
    Yep, I tried to correct that in a previous post..
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Curbs talking about Man Utd and the fact we have never beaten them, remember that 3-3 game at The Valley, memories and that Robinson leveler, what a match.
    I’ve seen us beat United at least twice, hope that was challenged?
    So have I but assume he ment under him in the Premier League, we beat everyone else under him.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    IT WAS a foul Browny, not 50/50, he had hold of Leaburns shirt...outside the box but stil...
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Ohhhhh lovely ball through the middle form JRS for leaburn to run on to, 50/50 shoulder to shoulder and Leaburn goes down claims a pen.not given. Nothing in it tbh. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2023
    No way that’s a foul on Leaburn and penalty, not sure what Terry Smith has seen there lol
  • Options
    See mick McCarthy 
    mervyn day 
    Richard Murray 
    in vista lounge 
  • Options
    We've been saved numerous times already by a certain somebody 
  • Options
    Ohhhh weee Lincoln in our box, Lincoln squeeze a shot off and a great block Inniss stopping a goal bound effort.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    No who?
  • Options
    Clare lucky to get away with that. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I’d advise that it’s probably best to wait until full time…
  • Options
    We are starting to make heavy weather of breaking down this bus Lincoln are parking, they are catching us on the break far too easily for my liking
  • Options
    With what?
  • Options
    Lincoln come alive when they get the ball in and around our area. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No way that’s a foul on Leaburn and penalty, not sure what Terry Smith has seen there lol
    On the other hand, that one was definitely a foul. Their CB was out of position and hauled Leaburn down.
  • Options
    We are starting to make heavy weather of breaking down this bus Lincoln are parking, they are catching us on the break far too easily for my liking
    Certainly wouldn’t say Lincoln are parking the bus, they are creating a lot more chances than us
  • Options
    Lincoln come alive when they get the ball in and around our area. 
    ..and that's without McGrandles!
  • Options
    Steve Brown is such a difficult listen these days.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    With what?
    With letting his man get goal side of him. He managed to recover, but shouldn't have needed to. 
  • Options
    Certainly wouldn’t say Lincoln are parking the bus, they are creating a lot more chances than us

Smart game management. Looking typical league one and uninspiring only to spring into life all of a sudden. Danger there for sure. 
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    I’ve seen us beat United at least twice, hope that was challenged?
    Nope it wasn't, that was from Curbs...it was while he was manager though, that's the confusion..
    Utd were the only team we didn’t beat under Curbs. I always felt he was slightly in awe of Fergie which didn’t help. Plus they were pretty awesome for most of that period!
  • Options
    Results going our way atm. 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Someone should’ve been gambling on that ball across the six yard box, best opening of the game so far
  • Options
    Ohh come on people! Lovely ball acorss the box from Fraser needing no more than a leaburn whisker to turn it in. No one there.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!