Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Macauley Bonne - now at Gillingham (p27)

Comments

• Options
    Gallen needs to go for bringing this shit footballer back to the club.  Genuinely awful recruitment.
    Not defending Bonne as a player but who would you have signed instead for the same budget?

it's so easy to call for someone's head without understanding the reasons why we signed Bonne. I think it's quite simple, he was the only available player for that budget. Nothing to do with poor scouting in my view and everything to do with who was available and willing to join.
  • Options

It wasn’t just the once, I hope that Holden using the no dickhead rule and fucks him off tomorrow. 
    He does seem pretty stupid - no doubt where his loyalties are.
  • Options
    Gallen needs to go for bringing this shit footballer back to the club.  Genuinely awful recruitment.
    Not defending Bonne as a player but who would you have signed instead for the same budget?

it's so easy to call for someone's head without understanding the reasons why we signed Bonne. I think it's quite simple, he was the only available player for that budget. Nothing to do with poor scouting in my view and everything to do with who was available and willing to join.
    To be honest I’d have brought Josh Parker back from whatever bench he’s warming at the moment. Anyone but Bonne.
  • Options

For two windows?
  • Options

To be honest I’d have brought Josh Parker back from whatever bench he’s warming at the moment. Anyone but Bonne.
    Plays for Oxford City in the National League South now. 16 in 31 suggests he has found his level.
  • Options

It's not my job to know who is available and their price but there is no way that Bonne was the only player available... Port Vale took Matty Taylor from Oxford who would have been better for example.
    So it's not your job to know who is available but your job to call out gallen despite not knowing who is available?
  • Options
    I’d rather we signed nobody than Bonne (like we did in the summer window) and gave Kanu a run there (I don’t rate him either but he may improve)
    I doubt Bonne will have been super cheap either 
  • Options
    I can only rate on with what I've seen , it would be just as ridiculous to rate him on what I've seen

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm sorry, it's inexcusable and he should not play again (he will though). 
  • Options
    I personally don't care what footballers do on social media and I don't get offended by them liking posts from other teams or whatever, but I appreciate that some people do. With that in mind it does seem particularly thick for Bonne to have done this, especially when he's got previous annoying the people who get annoyed by this stuff when his move here fell through in the summer. You'd think he might have learned from last time but apparently not. Weird guy.
  • Options
    robroy said:
    I agree he will, but he shouldn’t. 

I’m actually astonished at how much he’s played. I’ve just counted it up and he’s played 743 minutes since returning in mid -Jan. Most of those minutes should have been given to Kanu when Leaburn wasn’t available. 
  • Options
    liking social media posts is dim but i dont really care much about that - i care much more that despite his purple patch in the champ, he was crap, is crap, and is always likely to be crap
  • Options

It's not my job to know who is available and their price but there is no way that Bonne was the only player available... Port Vale took Matty Taylor from Oxford who would have been better for example.
    So it's not your job to know who is available but your job to call out gallen despite not knowing who is available?
    Weird argument.

Unless you have the knowledge that would be expected of a professional scout etc, you can't say whether you rate a footballer/think it was a bad decision to recommend them?

By that logic, unless a person can play football to a League One standard, are we never allowed to say if we think a player is any good?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    robroy said:
    I agree he will, but he shouldn’t. 

I’m actually astonished at how much he’s played. I’ve just counted it up and he’s played 743 minutes since returning in mid -Jan. Most of those minutes should have been given to Kanu when Leaburn wasn’t available. 
    The difficulty with that is Kanu isn’t physical enough to play as a lone striker and he shouldn’t be playing out wide ahead of JRS, CBT or Campbell.

We’d have to change the whole system to fit him in or throw him into a role he’s not suited for. That didn’t do Grant any good though it was at an even younger age.
  • Options

Weird argument.

Unless you have the knowledge that would be expected of a professional scout etc, you can't say whether you rate a footballer/think it was a bad decision to recommend them?

By that logic, unless a person can play football to a League One standard, are we never allowed to say if we think a player is any good?
    Don't you think it's weird saying that gallen should get sacked over this signing?
  • Options

Weird argument.

Don't you think it's weird saying that gallen should get sacked over this signing?
    Nope.

Whether I agree or not, it's not weird saying it.

We're on a forum to discuss Charlton, so it's going to be 90% our opinions on Charlton players, managers, and staff - including the DOF who's in charge of recruitment.

Athletico's post saying he thinks our recruitment has been terrible and so we should get rid of the guy he thinks is recruiting badly, why is that a weird thing to say on a football forum?

FWIW, I don't think Gallen is pulling up any tress, but he's rooting round the bargain bin given the budget so who would?
  • Options

Weird argument.

Nope.

We're on a forum to discuss Charlton, so it's going to be 90% our opinions on Charlton players, managers, and staff - including the DOF who's in charge of recruitment.

Athletico's post saying he thinks our recruitment has been terrible and so we should get rid of the guy he thinks is recruiting badly, why is that a weird thing to say on a football forum?

FWIW, I don't think Gallen is pulling up any tress, but he's rooting round the bargain bin given the budget so who would?
    Because we don't know the facts. We don't know who else was available, who else we enquired about and who made the decision to sign Bonne.

how do we know that Holden wasn't given the names of 3 players and was asked which one he wanted?

how do we know that this wasn't an Andy scott signing?

I said at the beginning that I'm not defending the Bonne signing but I dont understand why gallen is being called out when we don't know that this was a gallen signing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thought he played ok on Saturday. Tough for any striker to perform well all 9 other outfield players were so far off the pace. Still not good enough though. 

Not sure all the Instagram stuff really matters but at the very least, especially after all the grovelling he and the club had to do to justify the stuff he said when he went to QPR, he shows he just isn’t very bright and perhaps doesn’t score too well in the “no dickheads” test. 
  • Options

Weird argument.

Nope.

Because we don't know the facts. We don't know who else was available, who else we enquired about and who made the decision to sign Bonne.

how do we know that Holden wasn't given the names of 3 players and was asked which one he wanted?

I said at the beginning that I'm not defending the Bonne signing but I dont understand why gallen is being called out when we don't know that this was a gallen signing.
    I think it has also been made clear recently that Gallen doesn't identify and scout players anymore, he is in charge of negotiating with clubs and players once they have been identified by the scouting team (MS and his black box).
  • Options
    Bonne is showing a bit of a non league brain and yes, currently the ability on the pitch too. Seems quite uneducated on the basics in life?
  • Options

Weird argument.

Nope.

I think it has also been made clear recently that Gallen doesn't identify and scout players anymore, he is in charge of negotiating with clubs and players once they have been identified by the scouting team (MS and his black box).
    Which is why I don't understand why his head is being called for over the Bonne signing
  • Options
    The bloke is obviously an idiot and knows he isn't going to be here next season so he doesn't really care 
  • Options
    Fraser laughing with their players after is more annoying, both planks though