Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Plymouth Argyle V Charlton Athletic | Saturday 4th March 2023 | KO 3.00 Pm

Charlton undone by a Plymouth side desperate to consolidate their second place position. Although Charlton failed to work the Plymouth keeper at any point, the Addicks kept it tight for two thirds of the game, despite losing focus when Plymouth scored their first some eight seconds into the second half. Manager Dean Holden changed formation on 65 minutes, making three attacking substitutions which immediately enlivened our attack. It wasn’t enough, though, and Plymouth found their second goal on about 84 minutes to seal the win.

Plymouth 2 Charlton 0

Over to you.

Comments

• Options

Same old, same old. Not even close to scoring.

Ness a bit unlucky with the mistake for their first goal then hit with a breakaway when we were pressing for an equaliser.

Very few positives but Hector did well.

• Options
    First half again pretty even decent performance but oh dear terrible individual error by Ness just changes the whole game .. 

big positive was Kanu been saying he needs to start .. 
  • Options
    Plymouth weren't even that good, but we had a gaping hole where an attack should have been. One error was enough to kill us 
  • Options
    532 / 343 or whatever just doesn't work for us. I'm despondent at watching another manager try and get it to work when just watching us try it for a half should be enough to never want to do so again. We were crap. Defended ok. Impotent in attack. Deserved nothing. Honestly not fussed if Holden is here next season or even next week.
  • Options
    First half again pretty even decent performance but oh dear terrible individual error by Ness just changes the whole game .. 

Looks to me like you said Bonne should start?
  • Options

Yeah, but what about Bonne, feel there is a goal coming from him soon! 
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Again during this run of fixtures, apart from against Bolton and to some extent Sheffield Wednesday in the first half, I have not left this game thinking we’ve been ‘outclassed’.

However we’ve simple not had the quality and consistency across the pitch to ever look like we would get anything from this run either.

Sadly we are just a mid table team. Be nice to pick up a few wins now over the next run of ‘easier’ games and I fully expect us to finish around top 10-12, which is a reflection on where we are at as a club at the moment. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Decided to skip this game and watch F1 qualy. Barely paid attention to updates for our game and stopped completely 10 seconds into the 2nd half. Feel like I made the right choice. Fair play to anyone that can continue to sit through that shite.
  • Options
    Would happily send 2-3 loans back now, just to make a point.  We're achieving nothing with Kilkenny, Sessignon (let alone Penney).  Dobson head & shoulders above anyone else in central midfield, including Morgan & Henry.  Truly, truly terrible.

6,000 to see Accrington next week...
  • Options
    7 hours and 18 mins since our last goal. Jesus….
  • Options
    We huff, and we puff, but no end product, we are poor from back to front.

Nothing will change until we get a decent owner, sadly things could get worse but hey ho.

Roll on the summer
  • Options
    So here we are sitting at 16th in League 1. Someone please give me one positive about that (not including we could be 17th or lower).
    Sangaard has screwed us over, he needs to go and go now! 
    Not 1 shot on target in the entire game, Bonne is a waste of time, midfield is poor at best.
    As it stands today, we have a caretaker manager, a very poor squad (leaving aside the youngsters like Miles, Ness and Kanu), JRS leaves at the end of the season, and this bloody owner is sodding about. We can still get dragged into the relegation battle!
    I've made my mind up, unless there is a major change of ownership, I will not be renewing my ST.
    Sod off Sangaard!
    One positive? Ziich off this showing.
  • Options
    Last played well January 14th. 

Almost 2 months of terrible performances, with terrible players, terrible management and terrible formations. 

Bring on next season. 
  • Options
    We saw a few times today how we can play, but still we couldn't hit the target. 
  • Options
    I really hope we start with Kanu & Leaburn in the next match. Could be another 7hrs 18 mins until we score with Bonne up front. 
  • Options
    If it cheers anyone up. Fleetwood are another team that didn’t have a shot in target today. Stockley was playing. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Have to agree with Red Mids that we have to get points against Accrington, Morecambe and Cambridge as they're 6 pointers...

However, I just don't think we've got the guts for a fight. Looking back at previous years 50 points should be safe but we simply can't score. I certainly don't want to get relegated but what will force our owners to leave? Hats off to every fan that went down today, a horrible drive and you should be saluted. Next week could well be the lowest attendance. 
  • Options
    Minto spot on. 

We now need to start planning for the future. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Minto spot on. 

But he is not spot on really is he because we know TS will not plan for the future apart from cost cutting and penny pinching. Minto would be better off saying we desperately need an owner who cares and will invest in the club but we all know he cannot say that.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Minto spot on. 

But he is not spot on really is he because we know TS will not plan for the future apart from cost cutting and penny pinching. Minto would be better off saying we desperately need an owner who cares and will invest in the club but we all know he cannot say that.
    But he is spot on because we do need to plan for the future. 

We can't keep treating these players like they're guaranteed a job at the end of the season.
  • Options
    With Stockley first and now Bonne, we’ve effectively played the majority of this season with 10 men on the pitch. Pathetic excuses for footballers.
  • Options