Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Plymouth Argyle V Charlton Athletic | Saturday 4th March 2023 | KO 3.00 Pm

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Gribbo said:
    24 hours after final whistle, only 117 contributions to a league game post match thread.

Shows how many f***s are being given about the football at the moment

Let me guess 117...fully justified fu*ks as well..
  • Options
    Are we going to score 7 goals in the rest of the season? 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Are we going to score 7 goals in the rest of the season? 
    Bonne will come good!
  • Options
    While not wishing to gloss over the crap we have seen lately.I do think a touch of good fortune is due.we have not been hammered,most of the defeats have been the result of an individual error,or a crap decision(Free kicks for Derby and Bolton,and a sending off at a vital time which was wrong).Ness has hardley put a foot wrong,one error ,goal.Innis has been very sound,one misunderstanding between him and Brewer,goal.Yes we have been outplayed a lot,but hardley any of the goals we have let in have come from opponents good play.Just looking for positives.
    I feel like Hector using his arm to block a certain goal and the ref giving a corner, along with Rak-Sakyi getting a yellow for a clear strike to the face is about as much luck as you could reasonably ask for.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    While not wishing to gloss over the crap we have seen lately.I do think a touch of good fortune is due.we have not been hammered,most of the defeats have been the result of an individual error,or a crap decision(Free kicks for Derby and Bolton,and a sending off at a vital time which was wrong).Ness has hardley put a foot wrong,one error ,goal.Innis has been very sound,one misunderstanding between him and Brewer,goal.Yes we have been outplayed a lot,but hardley any of the goals we have let in have come from opponents good play.Just looking for positives.
    It always surprises me how readily people, particularly football fans, put things down to luck or fortune. 

There’s no such thing, no unseen supernatural force that dictates these things. The reason Charlton haven’t managed a win (or even scored a goal for that matter) in several hours isn’t because of some supreme being directing the course of human events, it’s because we’ve assembled the worst squad in the modern history of this football club. 
    But the reality of sport is far more complicated than that, as tactics, form and confidence play a major part as well. 

Hence rock bottom Rochdale beating Stevenage on Saturday. Stevenage have been great this season, but are currently on a poor run, down on confidence and form and deservedly lost.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    se9addick said:
    It always surprises me how readily people, particularly football fans, put things down to luck or fortune. 

There’s no such thing, no unseen supernatural force that dictates these things. The reason Charlton haven’t managed a win (or even scored a goal for that matter) in several hours isn’t because of some supreme being directing the course of human events, it’s because we’ve assembled the worst squad in the modern history of this football club. 
    But the reality of sport is far more complicated than that, as tactics, form and confidence play a major part as well. 

Hence rock bottom Rochdale beating Stevenage on Saturday. Stevenage have been great this season, but are currently on a poor run, down on confidence and form and deservedly lost.
    They're Wile E Coyote running off the edge of the cliff, hovering in mid air for a second and then realising they've built their side around Alex Gilbey 
    I was reading a Stevenage forum recently to see how JFC was getting on (they weren’t complimentary to say the least) and saw that they had been playing Gilbey at right wing back. 

No wonder they are on a poor run of form!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2023
    Plymouth seriously impressive at home this season.

Back to back home wins against us and Derby and their home record now reads played 18, won 16, drawn 1, lost 1.

Their last five home games are against Forest Green, Lincoln, Cambridge, Bristol Rovers and Burton. So it's not like they've not played the better teams at home, either.

Drew with Fleetwood and lost to Port Vale. Of all the teams.