Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Plymouth Argyle V Charlton Athletic | Saturday 4th March 2023 | KO 3.00 Pm

Comments

• Options
    Here's hoping our down to earth northern say it as it is head coach was not too diplomatic with that shower of shite excuse for a Charlton team.
  • Options
    Getting too old for these missions.
  • Options
    anyone thinking we have three easy games coming up are going to be in for a shock. Accrington for example drew at home today to Bolton who a few weeks ago gave us a right runaround. We are also relying on two youngsters, in Leaburn and Kanu, to score our goals. One, Leaburn, should at best have been a bit part player this season whilst Kanu should really be on loan at National League level learning his trade. I don’t think we will finish any higher than we are currently and possibly a bit lower. Five points from the next three games is the minimum required, any less and we will be bang in trouble.
    Seven words that have been seen as a challenge to Charlton Athletic football teams of all eras, and not in a good way!
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    anyone thinking we have three easy games coming up are going to be in for a shock. Accrington for example drew at home today to Bolton who a few weeks ago gave us a right runaround. We are also relying on two youngsters, in Leaburn and Kanu, to score our goals. One, Leaburn, should at best have been a bit part player this season whilst Kanu should really be on loan at National League level learning his trade. I don’t think we will finish any higher than we are currently and possibly a bit lower. Five points from the next three games is the minimum required, any less and we will be bang in trouble.
    No they did not, Bolton drew with Morecambe. Accrington beat FGR 2-1, with FGR down to 10 men
  • Options
    How did Ness manage to do that in a pro game. It's like we made up how to kickoff and got feet caught unaware. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Apart from unhappy, what was our Charlton away following today?
  • Options
    Apart from unhappy, what was our Charlton away following today?
    650 I heard 
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    cabbles said:
    Given the incompetent owners we’ve been subjected to since RD arrived, excluding the minor miracle Bowyer achieved in 2018/19, we’re reaping what they have sowed.  Nothing will change until we get an owner that is competent.  That doesn’t mean an owner with lots of money.  Both RD and TS have spent money.  Ignore Southall, Nimer, Farnell & Methven.  They’re simply crooks or chancers.

The only thing I have to add re: the playing squad, is that we’re too nice a fan base.  To me, it feels like we’ve been starved by our owners and the current product on the pitch is the equivalent of being fed gruel.  We’ve been so long conditioned to accept crap football, I’ve reached the point where I can’t understand why people on here try to see the best in what is a constant stream of **** for years now.  

The facts don’t lie.  Let’s call it how it is, even the likes of Sean Clare are crap players, but we’ve been exposed to even crapper players, that we somehow have tried to offer someone like him up as potentially part of a promotion team if they had better players around them.  Remember Gilbey.  The amount of comments I used to read about his potential.  Morgan.  The list goes on.  Let’s be honest, Fraser and Blackett Taylor are crap.  They are.  If they weren’t crap, they wouldn’t be here.  Yet these are the sorts of players that fit the ‘I think we can build a team around them, they just need better around them’

If people want to go on believing any of the current squad are capable of promotion, you’re buying your head so far in the sand you’re drowning
    Go back a few games when we'd just won five of the previous seven games, it all seemed to be improving (although I didn't think we played very well in any of the games, really).

Now it's all doom and gloom (understandably) and the list of player posters want retained for next season has shortened considerably.
    For Cabbles it's none. Bit OTT, but I get the anger.

There may be one or two writing off Ness because of the error today. Bit harsh, and I'm pretty sure he'll be moving on in the summer, and not downwards.

Despite the last few games I'm still not totally down with the entire squad. I'm ok with AMB, Egbo, Ness, Leaburn and Dobson. I'd also keep Hector if that was an option. And Clare and Inniss as squad players. It's the midfield and upfront where we need a total rebuild. Players like CBT are great on their day, but frustratingly inconsistent.

I though we were ok for the first 30 minutes, but it seemed to dawn on the players around that time that despite all their efforts they'd got nowhere near creating a chance. Things started to go downhill from there.

Another games passes by without a single shot on target.

In the words of our recent glorious leader: 'That   Is   A   Disgrace!'
  • Options
    So so bored of it all now. Bonne is a disgrace of a footballer. We are so weal, predictable, clueless, set pieces shit

Seriously when do we start talking about protests because this is horrendous every week and will only get worse next season. 
  • Options
    12 games without a striker scoring 
    Kan u Leabonne score to stop this ?
  • Options
    So so bored of it all now. Bonne is a disgrace of a footballer. We are so weal, predictable, clueless, set pieces shit

Seriously when do we start talking about protests because this is horrendous every week and will only get worse next season. 
    Protests are fine if they have a purpose, but Sandgaard is clearly desperate to sell the club already, so what would the message be?

My issue is that players don't want to stay at a club that's in freefall, where they regularly get booed off the pitch. So far the support has been incredible under the circumstances, but increasing the toxicity may just have a negative impact on everything.
    I could be wrong of course, and I certainly understand the frustration.
  • Options
    Not booooing hasn’t worked

lets boooo this bunch of shit 
  • Options
    We Need a Proper dedicated Owner with Money. And we need a Proper Striker who knows how to score Goals.
    our Owner is an egotistical Lier who is destroying our wonderful Football Club.
    we also seem to attract interest from skint fraudsters and Egotistical Conmen.
    it’s time our famous Old Club had decent owners
    and Players who know how to get us promotion.

I Think our new manager is the Only positive 
    part of our Club, apart from the Loyal suffering Fans. but unless he is backed properly he will eventually WALK 👎.
  • Options
    Battled hard first half 
    Got done by a huge mistake straight after the second half started. 
    Despite not scoring in our last 4 games I still believe we will stay up.

My biggest concern is if the guitar playing Wankpuffin is still our owner next season. 
    Because if he is we are in for another season of abject misery. 
    Totally agree, indeed I think we will stay up comfortably. It’s still tight point wise around the middle of the table, and we’ve just had a very hard run of games.

But yep, all that does not matter, as we will be in the same position or worse next season unless something changes. 

Sandguard Out Out Out !!!!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Come down here hoping for more but being honest got exactly what i expected 
    Just leaving for home now thinking that's me with away game's
    not going to make all this effort for a team that look like they can't be arsed half the time so home games only here on in 
    Everyone going on about owners to blame but these players have got more in them then they are giving us that's the hardest bit to take 
  • Options
    Wellred said:
    Come down here hoping for more but being honest got exactly what i expected 
    Just leaving for home now thinking that's me with away game's
    not going to make all this effort for a team that look like they can't be arsed half the time so home games only here on in 
    Everyone going on about owners to blame but these players have got more in them then they are giving us that's the hardest bit to take 
    To be honest, I don't think they have got more to give. It's by & large a squad built on the cheap, made up of L2 standard players, crocks & inconsistent performers that show the odd flash of being decent before reminding us of why they're not playing at a higher level. It all starts at the very top and until that changes, don't expect to see any improvement on the pitch
  • Options
    While we currently have a points cushion, we need to pick up 2-3 wins again and pretty fast. Goals have dried up at an inconvenient time and most of the players we brought in last window are not delivering, perhaps bar Hector. I think we go for it over the next three games with a 4-4-2 and throw the kitchen sink at it. Leaburn and Kanu up too for all three games, regardless of their output, we need to gamble now and hope one or both brings a few goals. 

I am more concerned what is going on in the background, it remaining the same or a new owner which delivers more of the same and we are fcuked as a club. 

Just one another point to note, Plymouth was the first away game I have not done for a while. When in the crowd the chants toward TS come across quite loud, if any were sung yesterday, heard nothing through CTV. If we are trying to get our dissatisfaction across we are going to need to sing louder and in greater number…
  • Options
    Oh. Did we play yesterday?

No shots on target and no goals I see. Again.

In the third division. 

Fucking embarrassing having to support this joyless club. Thanks Dad!
  • Options
    its not the players fault though really is it? i think they give their all but just aren't good enough and aren't helped by having no goal threat - most are just numb and accepting of it as the status quo now - only 3 pages on this thread after a defeat says it all - its boring and has all been said before  
  • Options
    Only checked the score this morning (unusual for me), say's it all really.