Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Accrington Stanley : Saturday 11th March 2023 : KO 3.00 Pm

A scrappy affair against the backdrop of a muted Valley atmosphere left a lot to be desired this afternoon. Charlton got off to a good start but it was Accrington Stanley that opened the scoring after we gifted them a fairly clear cut opportunity. Only a stunning forty-yard curling wonder goal from Steven Sessignon on roughly 37’ salvaged the poor first half performance. 

The second half wasn’t much better. Charlton failed to find a way through an obstinate Accrington and the game became even more scrappy than the first half. Accrington had the better of the clear cut chances, but Ashley Maynard-Brewer proved up to the task. Both Sessignon and Dobson helped keep the scores level with a key block and a goal line clearance respectively.

It’s a point, but we really should be doing better. Once again, we’re just not very good.

Charlton 1 Accrington Stanley 1

Over to you.

Comments

• Options
    Great point against the mighty Accrington Stanley ...
  • Options
    My thoughts on the game - I hope Ness isn’t going to be out too long & what a cracker from Sess. 

• Options
    Lucky to hang on against Accrington. At home. Says it all 
  • Options
    Wow, another fantastic episode of our league 1 tour. So happy right now. What a fantastic game. 
  • Options
    Well that was painful.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a load of shit I’m off down the club for jimmy🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺
  • Options
    Guys. I think we might not be very good.

Just can’t wait to this season is over, and pray for some sort of actual investment over the summer.

For me, there’s not one player in our team, AMB aside, that I think is good enough on their own to be in a promotion chasing side - and I even include Dobson in that.

We have players like Dobson, Fraser, CBT who if they have proper quality around them I think could do well - but on the whole if you look at the quality, and mobility of teams pushing the top of the table - we just don’t have that. 
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Listened to the game sounded bloody awful, brightened by Sess wonder goal! Only seem to start to play on 90 mins. Hopeless state of affairs, TS out, new owner in and support DH in the summer! Will I be renewing my ST next season...no if TS is still in charge.
    Glad I stayed at home and saved £50 in fuel + 8 hours of my time. 
    TS you have completely screwed the club....well done, you prize idiot! 
  • Options
    Holden's contract renewal gives me Parkinson vibes. 

The squad is absolutely dreadful and can't see us winning a single game in the rest of the season. 
  • Options

I'm silently giving thanks to whatever bastard gave me this cold which stopped me going today.But was mad enough to buy the stream and Christ, that really was National League standard from both sides. If anything, Accrington will feel they shaded it. Really can’t wait for this season to be over, for the ownership issue to be resolved and hope we have a chance of rebuilding in the summer. No way I’m renewing my ST unless there is a change of ownership and a clear demonstration of competence and ambition.

• Options
    Also if my arch nemesis Cole fucking Stockton scores against us on Tuesday I’m becoming a full time Snodlands Nomads fan. 
  • Options
    Not good enough again we had a go towards the end but we should be beating these at home
     I know the players got to take some of the blame but this has got to be down to the manager IMO hate to think what our next home gate will be getting smaller by the game

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Frozen - we have no creativity 
  • Options
    'orrible.
  • Options
    Only one team was trying to win that, which shows how sad and poor we are.
  • Options
    Team looks bereft of confidence. No one wants to stick there neck out. 
    Thought that was Dobsons worst game in a charlton shirt..he was terrible.

Kanu and Campbell looked a handful.

We should have nicked a winner but we didn't against a very shit Stanley team.
  • Options
    That really was totally dispiriting. 

We are clueless. Absolutely and utterly clueless.

To be outplayed by Accrington - and have no doubt about it we were for large portions of the game - is just appalling.

Only Maynard-Brewer and Sessegnon come out of that game with any credit .

This season is far from over. Don't believe we are safe for a moment . In fact, we are so crap I can't see how we can win another game this season.
  • Options
    2 shit league 1 teams playing out a shit 1-1 draw about sums it up
  • Options
    21 points off the playoffs, it’s on baby…
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    At least Kanu got some game time. Shame he didn't score but we know that is not a problem for him. Second/loose ball - has been a big issue for us for a long time. They cleared the ball, went to a white shirt, we cleared the ball, went to a white shirt. Holden needs to get to the bottom of this.
  • Options
    Absolutely terrible second half, lucky to come away with a point.

Very few positives.  AMB was solid in goal, Sess scored a worldie, Campbell stuck a couple of decent crosses in, but that's about it.

Otherwise defensively all at sea so often, an invisible midfield and strikers constantly caught offside. And we can't even blame Bonne for that.

Kanu looked very raw, and not ready for this level.