Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Accrington Stanley : Saturday 11th March 2023 : KO 3.00 Pm

Comments

• Options
    O ye of little faith. We scraped a draw without a midfield thanks to a wonder goal. We've got Holden. Bonne didn't start. From where I sit, things are looking up. If only Hector's long throw was as good as their bloke's. Give Tyreece, Kanu and Leaburn game time and get Fraser back higher up the pitch and we'll be mustard.
  • Options
    On his performances of recent I doubt any one will be comming for Leaburn in the summer.
    We did get a few decent crosses into the box and he never seemed ready for them. On too many occasions was not trying to make the run into the box.
    Not having strikers puts pressure on the defending as the opposition now they can push up with little to worry about behind them.
  • Options
    I think we did that with CBT but Leaburn won virtually nothing and what is Payne going to do when these crosses come in. 
  • Options
    Don’t know why everyone’s moaning, we finally got a goal!
  • Options
    Lolling the implication that somehow the stoppages stopped us playing, rather than the article I hasten to add!

Accrington will I'm sure regret not going for it more, as the 3 points were there for the taking. A point at former PL club Charlton should be a good result, but not today.
  • Options
    Really look forward to seeing the chance to experiment with what is left of this dire season, and feel we need a couple more wins to enable Dean to relax and try a few combinations..
    We drew today with a truly exceptional strike from Sess from fully 30 yards, which was good to see, and must result as goal of the season, but in truth could have ended up in row Z of the South Stand, and another defeat against another team we "should have beaten", but in truth deserved to beat us.
    We are very much our own worst enemy, and far too helpful when it comes to opposition scoring, we were again ball watching and gifted our guests the lead on a plate..so we drew, and at last we scored a goal, for the first time in FIVE games, and we go again on to Tuesday, at Morecambe...who are fighting for their lives, oh yes just like us...🙄
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We should have had this game wrapped up nice and easy .. even in the first 15 mins the we had. 4 good opportunity to get the ball in the box and create a goal but awful every time from CBT this continued through the whole game our final ball . When Campbell managed to get one cross in somehow Dobson missed his shot from
    4yards out … Saki never seen anyone so dis- interested .. and with Leaburn not at races either we were always going to struggle .

What I see from Holden worries me 4231 not working when you don’t have two widemen capable of one cross !! don’t see a manager who going to build a side to lead us to promotion , just don’t see it in his tactics or style of play .. play 352 for god sake . 
  • Options
    Bilge. Not even a comedy crossbar challenge effort to make the day worthwhile. 

Five ladies in front of us turned up about 12 minutes in. Sat there for a full 3 minutes before deciding this is is shit, getting up and walking off never to return.

Freebie behaviour like that used to wind me up. Now I look on with jealousy at their ability to determine the other 87 minutes will undoubtedly be painful. 
    Had a very similar experience at the Peterborough home game. Two Dutch lads that were in London for the weekend popped along to the game and sat in the row in front of us. They turned round after 20 mins and said they liked the ground but the football was utter dross….before proceeding to get up & leave.

Sums up our season to be honest. 16th place in league one is unacceptable.

• Options
    edited March 2023
    I am confident Holden knows what he is doing and this is an important part of the season in terms of him planning for next season. For instance, are our players not fit enough? There has to be a reason why they don't support each other well and lose so many second balls. And you can't blame him as they have done so under multiple managers. If it isn't that, what is it? Anyway, that is his job not ours but a reason why him signing a three year contract is good news.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Davo55 said:
    Sean Clare is an enigma. Flashes of skill and pace almost always followed by schoolboy errors which make him a liability in defence. Don't think he has the spatial awareness or passing accuracy to play in midfield. At his best he looks good at this level; at his worst he's sunday league level. A weird one.
    I was thinking that today. Mind you a good touch seems to be a 1 in 3 event with all of our players at best. The pitch is awful to be fair but it happens on good pitches too.....maybe not quite as bad.
  • Options
    At least Kanu got some game time. Shame he didn't score but we know that is not a problem for him. Second/loose ball - has been a big issue for us for a long time. They cleared the ball, went to a white shirt, we cleared the ball, went to a white shirt. Holden needs to get to the bottom of this.
    how do we know it isn't a problem for him? Just because he's scored for fun in the yoof teams doesn't mean he will for the first team you know.
  • Options
    I wasted two hours of my holiday to watch that crock of shyte. I used up more energy getting out of from the pool than most of our team did in 90 minutes 😎
  • Options
    I dont think it is fair to criticise Holden these players have been crap under Adkins, Jackson and Garner they just are not very good.

Why Maynard Brewer signed for another 3 years behind that defence only he knows.

When Carl played occaisionally he had a day when his long limbs seemed to work opposite th where his brain wanted to take them, today was one of those days for Miles.

The last 5/10 minutes we could have won it with a 6 yard box touch, so why was Bonne 8 yards out throwing his arms in the air.

CBT speedy winger had a great game  CBT provider of passes and crosses was absolute crap.
  • Options
    At least Kanu got some game time. Shame he didn't score but we know that is not a problem for him. Second/loose ball - has been a big issue for us for a long time. They cleared the ball, went to a white shirt, we cleared the ball, went to a white shirt. Holden needs to get to the bottom of this.
    how do we know it isn't a problem for him? Just because he's scored for fun in the yoof teams doesn't mean he will for the first team you know.
    Ok, I don't think it will be a problem for him having seen a lot of the goals he has scored. He has to settle in the team and that would be a useful use of the remainder of the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really look forward to seeing the chance to experiment with what is left of this dire season, and feel we need a couple more wins to enable Dean to relax and try a few combinations..
    We drew today with a truly exceptional strike from Sess from fully 30 yards, which was good to see, and must result as goal of the season, but in truth could have ended up in row Z of the South Stand, and another defeat against another team we "should have beaten", but in truth deserved to beat us.
    We are very much our own worst enemy, and far too helpful when it comes to opposition scoring, we were again ball watching and gifted our guests the lead on a plate..so we drew, and at last we scored a goal, for the first time in FIVE games, and we go again on to Tuesday, at Morecambe...who are fighting for their lives, oh yes just like us...🙄
    I don’t really get this. We are so bad; can’t defend or score so why not experiment now. Kanu and Campbell were far from the worst players out there. Payne is L2, Clare not a defender, Kilkenny; nothing. 
  • Options
    i'm on the fence with Holden but prepared to see what he can do with 'his' players and a full pre season with them. I'd like to know what assurances he has been given esp as we don't know who the owner will be in a month or two, does Thomas even know? If Thomas is still owner then Holden might find he's been lied to and if that's the case then nothing will change.
  • Options
    Hopeless. Constantly losing possession and nobody ever gets on the end of crosses.

Lucky to get a point.
    May have something to do with decent crosses being so rare and far between - probably why they all stopped to admire the one decent one from Tyreece Campbell. 
  • Options
    Midfield was awful, Kilkenny and Payne did absolutely nothing. I thought Clare and CBT were the most dangerous and apart from a freak, albeit great strike we lose as we barely looked like scoring until injury time. Bonne looked awful when he came on, no idea how he got near the Championship. Need a lot of new quality players next season to break this spiral downwards…..no can’t see it happening either.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    Sean Clare is an enigma. Flashes of skill and pace almost always followed by schoolboy errors which make him a liability in defence. Don't think he has the spatial awareness or passing accuracy to play in midfield. At his best he looks good at this level; at his worst he's sunday league level. A weird one.
    We saw both in the run up to the Accrington goal.
  • Options
    I suspect with this bunch of players Holden needs to start with a simple 442 before he can progress to anything more advanced.  At present the team appears to becoming more disjointed with every game.