Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Accrington Stanley : Saturday 11th March 2023 : KO 3.00 Pm

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2023
    We should be sponsored by the RNLI, the number of times we give bottom placed sides a lifeline. 
    Missed a tap in when the ball rolled through the 6yd area late on 
    Happy that Holden is staying. The only highlight from a drab game and drap afternoon 
  • Options
    Thought we looked good…for the first 90 seconds…
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    could have been 3-3. AMB dug us out the do-do with a double save and then Dobbo with goal line clearance. Kanu could have nicked it if he had chosen to lob the keeper instead of passing it through him. 3 statues looking at a Juicey cross go by from Campbell just to add to the frsustration. Without doubt the worst game I’ve see this season. 
  • Options
    The highlight of the second half was hearing Simple Minds instead of Addicks to Victory 
  • Options
    I thought Accrington just about deserved 3 points. 
  • Options
    Pleased with a point but boy that hurts to say.

Limping to safety as someone has said is about right but IF we did go down then only TS will be to blame.

I can't blame the Manager as I doubt even the best in the world could do much with this absolute shower of players who in the main lack creativity, a spine and guts to push themselves. 

The next two games will be interesting as both Morecambe and Cambridge will need to go on the offensive so gawd knows what we'll do with that!

Not sure if he'd have made a difference but can someone say where Private Fraser was today? 
  • Options
    Will have been National League games with more quality on show than that today. Our worst ever atmosphere for a Saturday league game at The Valley?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Lucky to hang on against Accrington. At home. Says it all 
    That it most certainly does.
  • Options
    Adkin's fault, then Jackson's, then Garner's and now Holden's. The squad is poor, Sangaard the one to blame. 
    The football was better under Jackson and Garner, and that's saying something. 
    It wasn't. 
  • Options
    Adkin's fault, then Jackson's, then Garner's and now Holden's. The squad is poor, Sangaard the one to blame. 
    Not convinced it was, and i don't think there's much between any of them
    I agree with this on the whole. Actually I’d say it was much worse under Adkins and Jackson when we were bad - probably reflects why one is not back in management and the other has not won a game in 15. 

However today for me was the first proper proper bad performance I’ve seen under Holden. Even against Bolton where we were out played, we looked much more fluid on the ball.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Eh, with the previous two, how many games did we go without scoring and having the lowest stats for shots on and off target in eight consecutive hours of play?
  • Options
    110% - all just as crap.  The post on the 1st page said ‘don’t you just wish the season would last forever’ - it has.  This is just a continuation of last season, with a slightly different cast of characters.

They’re all a sorry bunch of crap players 
  • Options
    Hopeless. Constantly losing possession and nobody ever gets on the end of crosses.

Lucky to get a point.
  • Options
    Overall Sangaard is to be blamed for the lack of investment
     but there is more than enough in our squad to be beating these Holden has got to be at blame for not being able to get this group of players playing to the level they are capable of 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And while we snatch a draw against one of the NW's titans, the mighty Accrington, our "friends" down the road host one of the NW's minnows, Man City.

And our other "friends" snatch a win at Reading which puts them back in the play-off spots.

We are in real danger of falling so far behind both it will take years for us to catch up. 

Still, I'm confident we can nick a point at the mighty Morecambe on Tuesday.

• Options
    I must be a right gluten for punishment, after sitting through the pile of crap, I agreed to go to Cambridge, am I mad?
  • Options
    AMB improved his distribution and made some good saves.

Passing by several players is still terrible. I'm baffled by how bad it is compared to say, receiving the ball, dribbling, and other basics of technique.
  • Options
    Had a little chuckle at the roar of the crowd as Morgan replaced Kilkenny.   
  • Options
    My son has 2 tickets for Cambridge game he says he thinks he will give them to his Mum as an early Mothers Day gift, i am sure she will be thrilled 
    Don't they get on then 
  • Options
    I can't get the Pigbag tune out of my head, fucking useless. Not the tune!
  • Options
    Wellred said:
    Overall Sangaard is to be blamed for the lack of investment
     but there is more than enough in our squad to be beating these Holden has got to be at blame for not being able to get this group of players playing to the level they are capable of 
    Spot on.

The manager takes the training every day. Not hard to change the system & get the wingers to get go the byline & put crosses in for strikers to attack.

And to get all the players to shoot more. 

Also Holden WANTED these players. Got rid of ones he didnt & brought in Bonne, Hector & Penney.