Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• also, I would add that scoring goals last season wasn't the issue with us, it was always the defence. I appreciate and respect that we have identified that was the big weak point from last season and nailed down recruitment in that area first so that they all have the opportunity to create partnerships and understandings in our pre season. 

I know people are upset we haven't signed a marquee centre forward yet, but last season showed there was goals all over this team. Probably a hot take to say, but i'm starting to trust DH with his selections. 
    Whilst I agree. We need to replace JRS 
  • Hopefully Lloyd can put a word in Smiths ear IF we are looking at him. I’d be shocked if we are not. 
  • edited June 2023
    also, I would add that scoring goals last season wasn't the issue with us, it was always the defence. I appreciate and respect that we have identified that was the big weak point from last season and nailed down recruitment in that area first so that they all have the opportunity to create partnerships and understandings in our pre season. 

I know people are upset we haven't signed a marquee centre forward yet, but last season showed there was goals all over this team. Probably a hot take to say, but i'm starting to trust DH with his selections. 
    Whilst I agree. We need to replace JRS 
    Yes i agree we do. Did we sign JRS in the first two weeks of last seasons transfer window then? Wasn't it like mid August? Didn't seem to effect anything?
  • Is he building from the back as his forwards will cost some cash? Needs the takeover to happen before he spends perhaps?
  • CafcSCP said:
    Is he building from the back as his forwards will cost some cash? Needs the takeover to happen before he spends perhaps?
    Not necessarily a cash issue - the kind of forward we need, the kind who would be a statement signing and genuine improvement, would no doubt be in high demand and they/their agents will know it.

Either way I don't think we should honestly get too caught up in cost/money being a sign of worth/success. A player who improves the team is a good thing regardless of whether we spent a transfer fee or not.
  • RedRobin said:
    Hopefully Lloyd can put a word in Smiths ear IF we are looking at him. I’d be shocked if we are not. 
    Agent Conor McGrandles, maybe he has been useful at something 
  • What are the chances of adding Sam Smith, Sess, Edun, Ladapo and El Mizouni?

• Valley11 said:
    What are the chances of adding Sam Smith, Sess, Edun, Ladapo and El Mizouni?

i'll offer 14/1 @bobmunro any advances?
  • ButtleJR said:
    NabySarr said:
    RedRobin said:
    Hopefully Lloyd can put a word in Smiths ear IF we are looking at him. I’d be shocked if we are not. 
    To be honest, I doubt he has much good to say about the club or fanbase at the moment... Genuinely hope he will play this season. 
    Perhaps he is a decent professional and quite the contrast to Gilbey.
  • Sponsored links:

• ross1 said:
    At least this has stopped the arguing about Hector, which was getting boring
    it was but hes only on a one year deal i believe
  • Interesting that we've started with sorting the keeper and defence. Nothing wrong with the old football principle that you start by building the foundations at the back.
    Sorry, but we are constantly told on here that you sign players when they become available & not in order of need. Isn't that right @Henry Irving
  • also, I would add that scoring goals last season wasn't the issue with us, it was always the defence. I appreciate and respect that we have identified that was the big weak point from last season and nailed down recruitment in that area first so that they all have the opportunity to create partnerships and understandings in our pre season. 

Apart from the fact we've lost our top goalscorer from last season. From the current forward line the goals scored last season was less than 15. And from midfield Fraser chipped in more than his fair share. So a bit false to say that goals came from all over the park. Morgan ?  Dobson ? 
  • edited July 2023
    also, I would add that scoring goals last season wasn't the issue with us, it was always the defence. I appreciate and respect that we have identified that was the big weak point from last season and nailed down recruitment in that area first so that they all have the opportunity to create partnerships and understandings in our pre season. 

Apart from the fact we've lost our top goalscorer from last season. From the current forward line the goals scored last season was less than 15. And from midfield Fraser chipped in more than his fair share. So a bit false to say that goals came from all over the park. Morgan ?  Dobson ? 
    i guess im making it up last seasons stats then. i thought we scored 70 goals. how many did jrs score again? since you wana talk about top scorers?

• guess im wrong that we have goals everywhere when our top scorer has 15 yet somehow w score 70 over the season
  • edited July 2023
    Valley11 said:
    What are the chances of adding Sam Smith, Sess, Edun, Ladapo and El Mizouni?

This & Banks on loan is pretty much exactly what we need…& would represent a good summer.

For me the key / stand out signing from the list above is Ladapo though. He’s the one who would cost money, bring the goals and really show our intent for next season. 
  • cfgs said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    Does this mean we’ve actually paid a fee for a player 
    He was out of contract - May not be involved tomorrow, as he's still a Cheltenham player till the 1st July

Depends how pedantic clubs are with these Contracts.
    Tomorrow is the 1st and I gather you mean Cambridge.
    So he will be 15 hours into his Charlton Athletic career at kick off then...✅
    15 hours into his Charlton career and 15 minutes from his season ending injury
    Now I wouldn’t wish that on any player.

You only had to be at Stamford Bridge that afternoon to see what happened to Geoff Scott .
  • mendonca said:
    ButtleJR said:
    NabySarr said:
    RedRobin said:
    To be honest, I doubt he has much good to say about the club or fanbase at the moment... Genuinely hope he will play this season. 
    Perhaps he is a decent professional and quite the contrast to Gilbey.
    Or perhaps he is honest.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2023
    guess im wrong that we have goals everywhere when our top scorer has 15 yet somehow w score 70 over the season
    How many involved JRS ? I'd guess 1/3 without googling the stats, so half our goals from 2 players and the biggest contributers is no longer here.
  • DOUCHER said:
    Time to liven this board up - got a 20 year old released by Chelsea on trial at the moment - can play anywhere in midfield or defence - good player but probably suffered from not nailing down 1 position - feeling is he will probably end up as a full back 
    Could he be involved vs Welling today?
  • edited July 2023
    He’s so versatile he will probably be in goal second half
  • DOUCHER said:
    Time to liven this board up - got a 20 year old released by Chelsea on trial at the moment - can play anywhere in midfield or defence - good player but probably suffered from not nailing down 1 position - feeling is he will probably end up as a full back 
    Henry Lawrence? 
  • DOUCHER said:
    Henry Lawrence? 
    Sounds about right 
  • The most common surname in football is Triallist.
  • Scoham said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Could he be involved vs Welling today? Guess so 
  • DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Henry Lawrence? 
    Sounds about right 
    In fact yes that is him