Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Time to liven this board up - got a 20 year old released by Chelsea on trial at the moment - can play anywhere in midfield or defence - good player but probably suffered from not nailing down 1 position - feeling is he will probably end up as a full back 
    Henry Lawrence? 
    Sounds about right 
    In fact yes that is him 

Played for AFC Wimbledon and MK Dons
  • Their release list (for somebody with bit of time this morning):

Abu, Derrick
    Adegoke, Prince
    Bakayoko, Tiemoue
    Baxter, Nathan
    Familia-Castillo, Juan Carlos
    Fiabema, Bryan Benjamin
    Haigh, Joe Samuel
    Lawrence, Henry
    McClelland, Sam
    Sterling, Dujon Henriques
    Thomas Silko, Amari Otieno
    Wady, Ethan James
    Wareham, Jayden Darren George
  • 5 foot 7. be interesting to know who he did in his loans. Good calibre by the looks of it 
  • Date of birth 21st September, hope that isn’t an omen?
  • I'm pleased with the little bit of business done so far, Hector is a good signing, again, Jones and Istead look like quality additions, and if these are Holdens choices that's good enough for me.
    I guess money will be spent (transfer fees) when takeover is completed and then it'll be interesting to see who arrives. Let's stay positive it's been a good start!

• 5 foot 7. be interesting to know who he did in his loans. Good calibre by the looks of it 
    24 games for Wimbledon and 26 for MK.

I would assume that would mean Sess isn’t returning.
  • Wonder who recommended him to us. Leko? Johnnie? (Or did JJ join the wombles after he was on loan there)
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    Two loan spells in L1 with AFC Wimbledon and MK Dons, a few England youth caps, turns 22 in September so would definitely be for the first team rather than u21s.

Good to see us looking at players like this, we’ve made use of loans from the top clubs but I don’t remember signing anyone they’ve released to play in our first team. Players like that can potentially develop with the club and be sold for a big profit.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Lawrence_(footballer)
    Obviously it isn't down to him, but slightly concerning that in both his L1 loan spells, the team got relegated!

Likely be back up for Egbo, we are still in for Sess but he has a lot of interest
    Lawrence is very similar to Sess in that he covers both left and right. I would assume he is our plan B if Sess goes elsewhere 
  • We will continue to concede from set pieced with the size of our midfield and adding more 5ft7 players! 
  • mendonca said:
    We will continue to concede from set pieced with the size of our midfield and adding more 5ft7 players! 
    What a strange assumption.
    If all our players are considered small then you'd be right but not every footballer is over 6 feet tall.
  • A smaller wing back isn't such a bad idea if we have three tall centre backs and someone like George Dobson in Midfield.

A tall striker like Leaburn is also useful in such scenarios. Indeed I felt this was the only area where we missed Stockley.
  • mendonca said:
    We will continue to concede from set pieced with the size of our midfield and adding more 5ft7 players! 
    I doubt we will have a 5'7 defender marking a 6'3 centre back. Just a guess here but I'm assuming our new 6'3 centre back will add aerial presence with a smaller full back being on a post 
  • Sponsored links:

• Kirk 6'1"!!!!!

no way. 
  • Stewart said:
    Kirk 6'1"!!!!!

no way. 
    pictured here with 6'3" George Ray
  • edited July 2023
  • Anyway my point is that actually we are quite a "big" side in reality, which makes our set pieces all the more worrying last season
  • NabySarr said:
    5 foot 7. be interesting to know who he did in his loans. Good calibre by the looks of it 

Likely be back up for Egbo, we are still in for Sess but he has a lot of interest
    Lawrence is very similar to Sess in that he covers both left and right. I would assume he is our plan B if Sess goes elsewhere 

Chelsea supporting mate giving Lawrence good reviews.

can play LB/RB but also decent as a box to box CM. Good on the ball, a real prospect but chose to leave Chelsea to find ‘a home’ rather than just be a perennial loanee! 
    That sounds like a positive to me, he'll have a point to prove and a drive to establish himself, which will hopefully bring him on.
  • Plus he has a history of hamstring injuries so he can be best mates with CBT
  • seth plum said:
    The most common surname in football is Triallist.
    Whatever happened to that utility player, A.N.Other?
  • sam3110 said:
    Anyway my point is that actually we are quite a "big" side in reality, which makes our set pieces all the more worrying last season
    Because it’s about more than just size, which is how the CL height test came about. Someone insisted Morrison and Taylor weren’t tall enough despite both being over 6 ft.

A smaller more technical team might give away fewer set pieces. Players like Kirk , CBT etc are tall enough on paper but you wouldn’t want them man marking anyone who’s a decent aerial threat. Youngsters aren’t usually the most effective players in the air or at marking either.