Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• no 1st team strikers available - wonderful
  • Hope Leaburn isn’t crocked. Didn’t he have an ankle injury last season? 
    Reinforces the need for a couple of strikers.
    Hopefully that won’t be left until too late like the last couple of seasons. 
  • Think he'll probably go to a top end L2 or a newly promoted L1 side , just hasn't really worked out for him with a few injuries and then being surpassed by Ness and now Jones. 
  • I would keep both Laville  and Kirk think they still have a lot to offer .. 
    I think at least one if them will be gone very soon.
    Putting out the cones for training? 
    really….
  • Sponsored links:

• ButtleJR said:
    Looks like Lavelle is off.
    Am I missing something, but how do you get that conclusion from his posting? Or is that hand waving goodbye?
    Waving hand emoji 😉
  • If he was off somewhere I dont reckon he would have been playing
  • As previously reported interest is being shown in Lavelle and the club is prepared let him go. Maybe he was in the shop window for a final look at him 🤷‍♂️
  • 🖐🏽 I thought that was a waving hand! The angles are very very important here.
  • Lavelle of to Madrid, the jigsaw is complete.
  • Portsmouth have signed Gavin Whyte, not surprised given that he played with Mousinho @ Oxford

• Sponsored links:

• Lavelle would be back to Morecambe in a heartbeat if he was to leave.
    good luck to him 
  • Scoham said:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0ft6kc6

Holden from 3:30:00 or so onwards. Said we’re probably into double figures in terms of players we’ve had round the training ground and had conversations with.
    Problem is until the takeover goes through the only players we will be signing are those currently out of contract. We wont he paying a fee for anyone all the time TS is still in charge. Maybe we will get lucky and sell Lavell or Kirk for £200k & he can then use that money on a new player. But I wouldn't hold my breath.  
  • It was mentioned a few pages back and while almost certainly fanciful, Jonson Clarke Harris would be a massive statement of intent as a striker signing. 
  • I see the consensus is we can't buy players that are under contract until the takeover is completed( frustrating but understandable) BUT who decides the wages of Lloyd and Isted or any one else who is out of contract?

Sandgaard won't be paying the wages for long 🤞and there must be some tacit agreement between the two parties while the checks etc carry on 🤔
  • even if we sell Lavelle and/or Kirk who is to say that the fee will be spent and not go into TS's retirement fund?
  • even if we sell Lavelle and/or Kirk who is to say that the fee will be spent and not go into TS's retirement fund?
    The new owners? Can TS legally agree a fee, sell assets and pocket the cash?
  • edited July 2023
    even if we sell Lavelle and/or Kirk who is to say that the fee will be spent and not go into TS's retirement fund?
    The Sale and Purchase agreement will no doubt cover that Lancs 🤞.
    I’m sure the new owners would have it written into any contract that assets they’ve paid for cannot be sold without the money remaining in the club. Otherwise what would stop the current owner just selling everyone he could before departing.