Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Options
    Taylor richards from BHA on a free would be a great signing 
    He has joined QPR permanently.
  • Options
    Junior Tchamadeu as a rb option maybe.
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Taylor richards from BHA on a free would be a great signing 
    He has joined QPR permanently.
    Forget that then….
  • Options
    We need to unearth a Wright-Phillips to get us promoted. I’d say the chances are slim.

That was a unique situation - Plymouth on the brink of admin I think, and BWP had just gone through a couple of injuries so there were concerns over his fitness too. Made him attainable for where we were at the time.
    He had also never scored goals before that.  Struggled at Man City (completely different club then) and hardly set the world on fire at Southampton.  I think they brought him with the money from Coca Cola because a fan won a competition.
  • Options
    Be interesting to see if Holden goes back to his preferred 352 for the new season

Football should be flexible when it comes to formations and always keep the opposition guessing.
    Play 3-5-2 or 4-3-3 or whatever works best  depending on availability of players. 
    I still think Leaburn and Kanu can work in a two as Daniel game progresses and he gets use to men football. You still wouldn't play the same formation every week. 
    Plus we need a new striker/forward who can play central or wide similar to Taylor and Grant who kept moving their markers about.

JJ was the 3-5-2 man which was successful initially but other coaches could counter it after several games.
    100% you need to be adaptable but I think it's unrealistic to think we will have a squad big enough to easily switch between both. 
    If you have the right players you should be able to do it without any personal changes.
  • Options
    Why the long wait for the released list? It's like a reluctant pimple
  • Options
    Give the zit a good squeeze and out burst the released players  :D
  • Options
    nagAddick said:
    Not sure he'd be keen to return after we released him.  not a bad player though tbf
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    nagAddick said:
    Not sure he'd be keen to return after we released him.  not a bad player though tbf
    Oh tbh I didn’t even know he was on our books 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Give the zit a good squeeze and out burst the released players  :D
    That was the joke yes. Give me the Lol you got from someone else -thief. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Cafc43v3r said:
    We need to unearth a Wright-Phillips to get us promoted. I’d say the chances are slim.

That was a unique situation - Plymouth on the brink of admin I think, and BWP had just gone through a couple of injuries so there were concerns over his fitness too. Made him attainable for where we were at the time.
    He had also never scored goals before that.  Struggled at Man City (completely different club then) and hardly set the world on fire at Southampton.  I think they brought him with the money from Coca Cola because a fan won a competition.
    He had been playing his football at PL and Championship level until that 2010-11 season, when we signed him in the Jan window.

That half season in L1 with Plymouth he had 13 goals in 17 league games.
  • Options
    Can this be re-named Summer Transfer Suppositions 
  • Options
    Luke Amos has been released by QPR 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Summer shopping list 
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    So has Olamide Shodipo. Could maybe be worth a look. Had a good loan at Oxford in 20/21 but seems to have tailed off a bit since then with loans at Lincoln and the massives. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I read that as suppositories ! 

Guess some would say that's what we need....

...a good clear out ! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2023
    Mentions in the article he knows our Gk coach well, I’m sure that helps us
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Massive sick note, will at least keep chuks company if he joins 
  • Options
    I hope the May story has legs even if he has been linked to Wrexham. 

Would be a bit of a coup even if the Ajose comparisons would be drawn.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

He had been playing his football at PL and Championship level until that 2010-11 season, when we signed him in the Jan window.

I know, like I said, before that.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I know, like I said, before that.
    Ok misunderstood, thought you meant before CAFC.
  • Options
    Any news on the Takeover?
  • Options
    Any news on the Takeover?
    Have a read on the takeover thread.
  • Options
    That May article sounds like 2+2=5
    Local lad, knows the keeper coach and was asked about it post match. Week later cobble a story together saying we’re interested.