Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Options
    Since there’s no rumours to go off yet, here’s an early wishlist for certain positions…

Left back: Callum Elder, Tayo Edun, Ethan Bristow

Right back: Shaun Rooney, Josh Key

Centre back: Lewis Gibson, Sam Hughes

Centre mid: Jensen Weir, Owen Moxon

Wingers: Ruben Rodrigues, Gavin Whyte

Strikers: Alfie May, Mo Eisa, Macauley Langstaff

Expect none of them to turn up at Sparrows Lane this summer. :-)
    Ethan Bristow has been on my radar for a little while as has Josh Key.  Both a good age and have a lot of potential
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Since there’s no rumours to go off yet, here’s an early wishlist for certain positions…

Left back: Callum Elder, Tayo Edun, Ethan Bristow

Right back: Shaun Rooney, Josh Key

Centre back: Lewis Gibson, Sam Hughes

Centre mid: Jensen Weir, Owen Moxon

Wingers: Ruben Rodrigues, Gavin Whyte

Strikers: Alfie May, Mo Eisa, Macauley Langstaff

Expect none of them to turn up at Sparrows Lane this summer. :-)
    Ethan Bristow has been on my radar for a little while as has Josh Key.  Both a good age and have a lot of potential
    Both would probably also fit into the hypothetical model of developing promising younger players and selling at profit that both rumoured buyers seem to be favouring.
  • Options
    Can’t see us getting a right back when we already have Egbo & two other right footed full backs (Clare & Sess) are rumoured to have been offered deals. 

100% need all other positions though. The quality of the striker we bring in will make or break our season imo. We need Leaburn, Chuks & a 20 goal a season man.
  • Options
    No to Purrington, we need to sign players who can make the step up to the Championship (ala 2011/12).
  • Options
    Retained list should come soon
    If the likes of Inniss and Morgan are on it then that don't look good going forward. 
    Believe both have been offered new terms
    All depends on who else we sign, hopefully Innis doesn't start more than 10 games next season
  • Options
    I think a RB is on the wish list. What that means for Clare/Egbo I don’t yet know? I would much prefer those two stayed we got in two competent left back options myself, if my understanding is correct…
  • Options
    In recent years, who has signed a contract extension after the retained list has been published?

Adam Matthews obviously.  JFC while he was injured.  I think Johnny Williams originally "left" after we got promoted.

Other than that it has all been "options" activated hasn't it? 
  • Options
    How are those old Exeter wingers getting on? Randall something or other 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dizzle said:
    How are those old Exeter wingers getting on? Randall something or other 

Randall Williams is at Bolton & Joe Randall is at Peterborough. Neither really set the world alight this season                  
  • Options
    The player we’d be more likely to sign who Holden might sign from stoke (was on loan there) is Liam delap. Not set the world alight and don’t personally rate him as a champIonship player. However, a drop down in leagues may help him 
  • Options
    The player we’d be more likely to sign who Holden might sign from stoke (was on loan there) is Liam delap. Not set the world alight and don’t personally rate him as a champIonship player. However, a drop down in leagues may help him 

Judging by the picture I have just seen, I reckon he’ll definitely be on our scouting radar 😂
  • Options
    More likely to get his dad Rory.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
  • Options
    Liam Delap is the type of player Man City will sell for £10m+ to someone like Bournemouth. Like they did last summer with Romeo Lavia and Sam Edozie to Southampton. 
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    haha, never rated him  and got pelters from a few on here for saying it.
    Was an expensive mistake from Charlton, him and Gilbey signed at the same time I think. Was told we had spent a large amount of our salary budget on those two at the time, due to the salary cap.
    People in the game were lifting an eyebrow at that bit of biz :(
    Not wrong.. Bang average!! Pretty sure the same people rated him, also rated Bonne!! 
  • Options
    Unsurprisingly, his goal scoring record at Rothers was worse than at Charlton 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What is more worrying is that the same recruitment team that chased after Bonne both in the summer and winter windows are still in currently in situ
  • Options
    Unbelievable really, these guys earn a lot of dough for running around a lot  and not do what they get paid for... What a life!
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Unsurprisingly, his goal scoring record at Rothers was worse than at Charlton 

he was never a championship  player and will probably drop back down to league one as he can’t get a game in a struggling Rotherham side

• Options
    Is he a league one player?
  • Options
    If you've ever used WhoScored, you will know that their player ratings are absolutely woeful and rarely ever get a line up correct. Washington is far from the worst performer in his position in the league, he has been for Rotherham what he was for us a hardworking and honest. They managed to stay up with an underequipped squad having lost some key players to Sheff Weds at the start of the season, I'd take a few more like him every day of the week.
  • Options
    Seen a few rumours Rotherham want Billy Sharp so could see Washington being surplus to requirements and back in League 1 
  • Options
    If you've ever used WhoScored, you will know that their player ratings are absolutely woeful and rarely ever get a line up correct. Washington is far from the worst performer in his position in the league, he has been for Rotherham what he was for us a hardworking and honest. They managed to stay up with an underequipped squad having lost some key players to Sheff Weds at the start of the season, I'd take a few more like him every day of the week.
    According to wiki he scored 5 goals in 35 appearances
  • Options
    Yeah not a big return, but still joint second top scorer in a struggling team in the division above ours. I am not massive CW fan, but those who write him off as useless and the idea he isn't a very useful player at this level who occupies defenses with pace and intelligent runs as well as chipping in with a few goals just isn't true.
  • Options
    Yeah not a big return, but still joint second top scorer in a struggling team in the division above ours. I am not massive CW fan, but those who write him off as useless and the idea he isn't a very useful player at this level who occupies defenses with pace and intelligent runs as well as chipping in with a few goals just isn't true.
    I would agree that he was a handful in league one with his running in behind and Stockley probably had one of his best seasons playing along side him….. but he missed too many good chances for us which cost us points and I thought at the time that his finishing would let him down in the championship… which it has