Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• DubaiCAFC said:
    May is nearly a done deal now guys.. but one of the biggest reason we have gone in hard for him now, is Leaburn injury I understand is worse than first feared.
    Do u know if any estimated time scale that Miles will be out for ?
  • nagAddick said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    May is nearly a done deal now guys.. but one of the biggest reason we have gone in hard for him now, is Leaburn injury I understand is worse than first feared.
    Do u know if any estimated time scale that Miles will be out for ?
    Guessing it’s ankle ligaments so minimum 8 - 10 weeks plus he’s not now had a pre season. Not good.
  • Addick_8 said:
    LouisMend said:
    Addick_8 said:
    LouisMend said:
    You’re not supposed to copy full articles onto the forum from the SLP. 
    I'll remove it so it doesn't cause headaches for admins 
    Top man, cheers. If the articles all go onto here, SLP doesn’t get the eyes on their website that the advertisers would want and then we don’t get Rich’s insight for much longer. 
    Jesus christ don't put that all on me or I'll be finished here
    You must do what Mr Pelling has done.

You'll pay your pennance by clicking on the SLP site 20 times.

:)

• Bloody hell, this on/off, Maybe/Maybe not stuff is like pulling teeth, FFS.. just either sign or move into your "luxury" Medway flat and get set for Div 2...but do something...😫🥱🥱
    I expect the delay is because Cheltenham want a free & Sandgaard wont pay it. We'll have to wait for the new owners to get formal agreement from the EFL that the takeover is done & only then will any fee be paid.....assuming the new lot want to splash the cash. 

I really don't think any delay is down to Alfie May. 
    Let’s hope the red bulls in the Royal Oak with Bert Palmer swing it.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Looked an awful tackle on Leaburn. Not surprising that it could be a long-term injury. Huge shame for him and Charlton. Imagine Kanu will be heavily involved from start of the season with Aneke/Leaburn out injured.
  • if it's ankle ligaments, you're looking at 3-6 months?
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    May is said to be very keen to come to Charlton. We would no doubt pay more than Cheltenham, so I doubt wages are the issue.

If Cheltenham had "already accepted our bid", we can suppose it's just how the deal is structured, perhaps?

• Sponsored links:

• edited July 2023
    Miles sadly appears to be quite prone to injuries. 
  • If it is a serious one for Miles then I'd expect May + 1 other in just to give us enough options. 
  • Are we going 3-5-2?
  • ButtleJR said:
    Whether May signs for us or not, whether whoever he goes to he’s any good or not is anyone’s guess, he’s got a blooming good agent putting his name out there all the time!

Just out of  interest, who is his agent, and does said agent represent any of the player’s currently on our books?
    His agent is very close to someone involved with the takeover. 
    Why does that not surprise me…
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Are we going 3-5-2?
    I think it’s more 343.  352 doesn’t leave room for CBT or Campbell otherwise.  Perhaps both will
    be used though.
  • Will we ever catch a break with injuries?
  • CAFCOlly said:
    Will we ever catch a break with injuries?
    I’m telling you we need a Ted Lasso style exorcism of Sparrows Lane and our treatment room. 

Or the club in general tbh 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    If it is a serious one for Miles then I'd expect May + 1 other in just to give us enough options. 
    Think we might even need may + 2 more depending on length of injury

noway can we rely on chuks and kanu

and i dont want us playing people like CBT or payne upfront again its painful
  • Can't see a 343 formation helping us defensively unless one of the front 3 is prepared to regularly drop back when we lose possession and be effective in midfield/defence otherwise we are going be overrun down the flanks.   Don't think CBT is that type of player - he's also injury prone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Are we going 3-5-2?
    I think it’s more 343.  352 doesn’t leave room for CBT or Campbell otherwise.  Perhaps both will
    be used though.
    I think it will be 3-5-2 if we are getting May. Was 3-4-3 against welling and probably will be at Dartford but that’s just because we don’t have enough strikers 
  • Chunes said:
    Unfortunately if it's down to a bad tackle then I don't think you can claim a player is injury prone.
    And yes I know he had some injuries last season but I don't think we can on this occasion it's one of the perils of football. 
    He has had a few ankle injuries. Could be that he is prone to injuries there or could be because he's big players go in harder. I think it's a mix. 
  • Chunes said:
    Unfortunately if it's down to a bad tackle then I don't think you can claim a player is injury prone.
    And yes I know he had some injuries last season but I don't think we can say that on this occasion it's one of the perils of football. 
    I wouldn't say he's injury prone but due to being our "main" striker at a very young age he's more vulnerable/probable to picking up injuries.

He's not delicate like Aneke but exposed more than he should be and paying the price.
  • It was a slide tackle in the penalty box by their lump who was outpaced. He completely missed the ball. Took out Miles's ankle on the touchline, but the ref found it easier to give it as a goal kick. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    If it is a serious one for Miles then I'd expect May + 1 other in just to give us enough options. 
    Think we might even need may + 2 more depending on length of injury

noway can we rely on chuks and kanu

and i dont want us playing people like CBT or payne upfront again its painful

I was only originally going May + 1 because the one would be a PL loanee. However if we could end up with May, Miles , Sam Smith and a PL loanee that would be a fantastic group of strikers to have.