Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• ButtleJR said:
    Forget everything from my last post I found some kid who noticed this, get the “it’s happening” gif out guys:

He's been following them since at least end of last season if not before! 
    My son reckons Alfie May is even following The Royal Oak!

When will the madness end!
    Im in The Royal oak with him
    That’s a long Uber back to his flat in Gillingham over looking the Medway.  
    Don’t worry, with all the red bulls Bert and Alfie have been knocking back, I’m sure they’ll both be as high a kite, and the time will fly.
  • sam3110 said:
    No chance a professional footballer from round this way, with a family, would be looking to buy a flat in the town centre
    The flats mentioned are not in the town centre but are in a riverside location which is pretty impressive,gillingham is no different to anywhere else,some of it is a shit hole and some of it is well up market.
  • sam3110 said:
    No chance a professional footballer from round this way, with a family, would be looking to buy a flat in the town centre
    The flats mentioned are not in the town centre but are in a riverside location which is pretty impressive,gillingham is no different to anywhere else,some of it is a shit hole and some of it is well up market.
    But generally somewhere you wouldn’t choose if you had money enough to live elsewhere.
  • sam3110 said:
    come on....
  • They used to do a thing on Talksport called the Daily Arsenal, I think we’ve got the same thing going with Alfie, so I’m guessing we should call it…. The Daily Alfie.
  • I did think we'd play Luton, for them it's like us playing non league teams lol. 
  • They used to do a thing on Talksport called the Daily Arsenal, I think we’ve got the same thing going with Alfie, so I’m guessing we should call it…. The Daily Alfie.
    Daily Mayl surely 
  • ButtleJR said:
    Forget everything from my last post I found some kid who noticed this, get the “it’s happening” gif out guys:

He's been following them since at least end of last season if not before! 
    My son reckons Alfie May is even following The Royal Oak!

When will the madness end!
    I think it’s been reported that his parents are local so he could of been following them for a while 
  • Sponsored links:

• cfgs said:

Yabba Dabo Doooo
  • Knowing RC the "update" will be him asking Holden, and Holden giving another bog standard waffle non-answer.

No disrespect to either, it's the nature of the game now.
  • I'd expect the update to be Dabo is close to signing and will be in Spain with them. 
  • Have we heard anything regarding the CB that played vs Welling?
  • Have we heard anything regarding the CB that played vs Welling?
    It's Chris Francis released by Bournemouth. Holden said conversations would be had this week 
  • I'm expecting Francis to get another run out before deciding on. Personally I'd take him, but I haven't seen how well he trains etc.
  • SOTF said:
    cfgs said:

I see what he’s done there… Love a good pun.
    Don’t get many of those on here
  • Sponsored links:

• TEL said:
    Have we heard anything regarding the CB that played vs Welling?
    It's Chris Francis released by Bournemouth. Holden said conversations would be had this week 
    I suspect he will be a U21 signing who might play in Cup games atm. We need a left footed defender imho , so maybe a LB who can fill in at LCB.
  • Richard J said:
    TEL said:
    Have we heard anything regarding the CB that played vs Welling?
    I suspect he will be a U21 signing who might play in Cup games atm. We need a left footed defender imho , so maybe a LB who can fill in at LCB.
    He didn't look bad, but hard to tell in a friendly. Might work out for him, I think we'll know by Friday. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I'm expecting Francis to get another run out before deciding on. Personally I'd take him, but I haven't seen how well he trains etc.

Happy to report that Chris Francis was train spotting at Clapham Junction yesterday and was excited with how many platforms were at the Station.

He understands the DNA of Charlton Athletic.
  • cfgs said:

The update:

"Charlton tried to get it over the line, but...."
    The lure of a flat overlooking the medway, was just too much for Alfe..
  • (Alfie) May have an update later for you, thanks Rich.
  • edited July 2023
  • edited July 2023
    Bloody hell, this on/off, Maybe/Maybe not stuff is like pulling teeth, FFS.. just either sign or move into your "luxury" Medway flat and get set for Div 2...but do something...😫🥱🥱