Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• DubaiCAFC said:
    WARNING : MAY MAKE YOU FEEL ILL

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/announcement/academy-prospects-sign-professional-contracts/

posted 24 hours ago says Scott Banks has agreed a contract extension.
    Thought that was the case
    Apologies I thought it was just so they could get compensation. Shame as he would have been a good acquisition. 
  • shine166 said:
    meldrew66 said:
    OFFS, are we ever going to sign someone who will score goals for us?! Nothing less than 2 solid strikers with a proven track record at this level or better will do if we are remotely serious about a top 6 finish. Chuks is a write-off and Miles is already struggling so, as it stands, we are gonna struggle. A solid, confidence-building start is vital IMHO.
    159 pages and I can't believe nobody has mentioned that before.
    I think most see strikers as a priority but also know our best chance of getting at least one decent striker will be after the takeover is completed. Btw I see Alfie May as a decent striker but one that could still happen under TS. The likes of Ladapo I can’t see until a new regime comes in.
  • Looks like Derby are our main competitors for signatures. 
  • edited July 2023
    WARNING : MAY MAKE YOU FEEL ILL

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/announcement/academy-prospects-sign-professional-contracts/

posted 24 hours ago says Scott Banks has agreed a contract extension.
    Yep, seeing anything relating to Palace makes me feel ill...🤢
  • El Mizouni has re-signed on loan for Orient for the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2023
    matt88 said:
    El Mizouni has re-signed on loan for Orient for the season.
    Good... Far too successful for us - No Swindon links either
  • Dylan Levitt has moved from Dundee Utd to Hibs.

Another one we’ve missed out on.
  • mart77 said:
    shine166 said:
    meldrew66 said:
    OFFS, are we ever going to sign someone who will score goals for us?! Nothing less than 2 solid strikers with a proven track record at this level or better will do if we are remotely serious about a top 6 finish. Chuks is a write-off and Miles is already struggling so, as it stands, we are gonna struggle. A solid, confidence-building start is vital IMHO.
    159 pages and I can't believe nobody has mentioned that before.
    I think most see strikers as a priority but also know our best chance of getting at least one decent striker will be after the takeover is completed. Btw I see Alfie May as a decent striker but one that could still happen under TS. The likes of Ladapo I can’t see until a new regime comes in.
    Derby were linked with Ladapo today but apparently Ipswich aren’t interested in selling at the moment, might change later in the window if they sign a striker or 2
  • Probably wanting more clicks on his website 
  • Probably wanting more clicks on his website 
    If that was the case he’d probably have written a story rather than just tweet about it 
  • Probably will get the guaranteed playing time that us or Derby weren't prepared to offer.
    Has anyone ever got "guaranteed" playing time? Or even ever offered it?

Isn't or like pay as you play contracts?  Like some bollocks that people on the Internet say that doesn't actually ever happen?
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Probably will get the guaranteed playing time that us or Derby weren't prepared to offer.

Isn't or like pay as you play contracts?  Like some bollocks that people on the Internet say that doesn't actually ever happen?
    He was one of orients best players last season, so going there is a guarantee that he will play. Ipswich probably look at Derby’s and our midfield and think it’s less guaranteed. 
    I’d imagine it was probably just the players choice in this instance, having been their last season and done well he probably wanted to go back 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Probably will get the guaranteed playing time that us or Derby weren't prepared to offer.

I doubt it’s written into contracts like playing Football Manager, but with loan players especially you’d have to imagine Ipswich will have asked all interested parties what their plans were for their asset.
  • As a Gillingham fan put it on Twitter…

“Another day another club being favourite for May.

Cheltenham giving everyone the run around with more "leaks" than a siv”
    I would have loved it if the gillingham fan
    put this on Twitter....

"Another day another club being favourite for May.

Cheltenham giving everyone the run around with  more "leaks" than my caravan roof"
  • First priority if the window was clearly making sure this song still has legs - ‘Hector and Egbo, Dabo and Dobbo and Fraser the Scottish Pirloooo’
  • I feel another, "will he, will he, oh no, will he,  nah, yes he will, but will he, will he...Yes!!!  Six months later, "well he's shit", coming on.
  • If we can bring Dabo and May in before the weekend then excitement for the season will definitely go up, Fingers crossed.
  • edited July 2023
    Cheltenham reporter saying may very close to signing for us. 
    How close does this guy need to be to see 👀 the contract and just bloody sign it, sure he passed the visual part of his medical?...🙄
  • edited July 2023
    Odds on to score 3 goals next season if we do sign him, then he joins Bromley next summer. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:

I doubt it’s written into contracts like playing Football Manager, but with loan players especially you’d have to imagine Ipswich will have asked all interested parties what their plans were for their asset.
    Sorry I thought we were talking about a different player.  Yes it's different in the case of loans because if your loaning a younger player they probably are too good for you, ie you would never actually be able to sign them, but that's not the case with players you actually do sign.  Because you can.