Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• I am starting to get some positive vibes for the coming season.

Some players who we have been linked with us have still not signed for anyone else. Which is unusual.

This is making me wonder whether once the new owners have been approved by the EFL. Things will happen quickly and a number of new players will suddenly be announced.

As I said I am definitely not in the know, but I have a gut feeling something is going on in the background.
    Well, that’s an inspired guess!

I imagine there’s often things going on in the background that we as fans won’t know about! 

Where has this Diablo rumour come from? People trying to make the most tenuous link out of what?
    CAFCDubai said we are close to signing a right back, gave some hints, someone suggested Fakaty Dabo and said Dubai liked the post.
    Ok, thanks.
  • Sounds like the Chelsea lad is not signing then.
  • RedJohn said:
    Sounds like the Chelsea lad is not signing then.
    Is this Henry Lawrence who was reported to be on trial with us?
  • mart77 said:
    RedJohn said:
    Is this Henry Lawrence who was reported to be on trial with us?
    Surely would have played at Welling? 
  • RedJohn said:
    Does it? Based on what?
  • thenewbie said:
    RedJohn said:
    Does it? Based on what?
    Dabo I assume?
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    thenewbie said:
    RedJohn said:
    Does it? Based on what?
    Dabo I assume?
    I would imagine the club have plenty of options for each position, I wouldn’t expect us to sign both of them but Lawrence may be a back up option if we can’t get Dabo.
  • Sess as LB/LWB and Dabo as RB/RWB sound good, all we have to do is get them over the line, and complete a competent back line imo... 
  • Sess as LB/LWB and Dabo as RB/RWB sound good, all we have to do is get them over the line, and complete a competent back line imo... 
    Agreed, Dabo/Egbo as the RB/RWB options and Sess + A.N Other as LB/LWB options looks very strong for this level. 

Would be more than happy with this even if I'd rather have a natural left footer at LB/LWB usually I think Sess is easily good enough to do it. 

• fenaddick said:
    Scoham said:
    Facebook rumours on May…

As if he’d choose to live in Gillingham 
    All homes in gillingham are mobile apparently
    fenaddick said:
    Scoham said:
    Facebook rumours on May…

Unlike most of our players last season. 
  • If he’s signed why is the announcement being delayed ? Makes no sense to me at the moment. 

• Why are they trying to sign him when Holden doesn't want him? Boils my blood.

;)

Because one person will say Dean Holden doesn't want him and like all gossip and wild fires it spreads.
    I have no idea if May is wanted but I find Cawley worth listening to.
  • fenaddick said:
    Scoham said:
    Facebook rumours on May…

fenaddick said:
    Scoham said:
    Facebook rumours on May…

Unlike most of our players last season. 
    Photo shoot, interviews etc? Or it's internet bull shit?
  • Sponsored links:

• .ShootersHillGuru said:
    We lost an international goalkeeper for a bloke that's played more games for non-league clubs than professional football. 

Lost Innis and replaced him with a player that is on paper and until proven otherwise no better than Innis 

Kept a player we had last season and another that none of us were particularly keen on other than squad strength.

Completely stagnant window so far
    Heaven knows I’m miserable now 
    Morrissey GIFs  Tenor
    Knowing our luck, he's our new midfield enforcer!

We have tried all the other Smith's!
  • Chunes said:
    Sess as LB/LWB and Dabo as RB/RWB sound good, all we have to do is get them over the line, and complete a competent back line imo... 
    Agreed, Dabo/Egbo as the RB/RWB options and Sess + A.N Other as LB/LWB options looks very strong for this level. 
    Be nice to have some competition for places wouldn't it... Not first team players and then just squad players. 

Heard so many former pros talk about how much that drives performances
    There’s a balance though, any promotion team will have a core of players who are regular starters.

If you aim for competition everywhere you risk spreading the budget too thinly and leaving yourself with nothing but squad players, something we’ve experienced in recent years.
  • edited July 2023
    Scoham said:
    Chunes said:
    Sess as LB/LWB and Dabo as RB/RWB sound good, all we have to do is get them over the line, and complete a competent back line imo... 
    Be nice to have some competition for places wouldn't it... Not first team players and then just squad players. 

Heard so many former pros talk about how much that drives performances
    There’s a balance though, any promotion team will have a core of players who are regular starters.

If you aim for competition everywhere you risk spreading the budget too thinly and leaving yourself with nothing but squad players, something we’ve experienced in recent years.
    That's presuming that 'competition' means two expensive players. Egbo was signed from L2. It's possible to have competition without breaking the bank. 

I'm not sure I'd agree that we've tried to have competition everywhere in recent years and that's why we've had so many squad players? That doesn't quite make sense unless I'm misunderstanding your post. 
  • MarcusH26 said:

Would be more than happy with this even if I'd rather have a natural left footer at LB/LWB usually I think Sess is easily good enough to do it. 

Might find Thomas can provide cover there as we have a number of centre backs now or if we do bring in another LB/LWB maybe it'll be the last signing if there's any room left in the budget & squad.
  • Dabo and Dobbo , sounds like a double act!

Dabo and Dobbo, Dribbs and Drabs and we will be fine 👍
  • Alfie May appears to be following a Brazilian Transexual Model.....is he off to Rio?
    No but @ElfsborgAddick is… :-)
    Bom dia amigo.
  • Alfie May appears to be following a Brazilian Transexual Model.....is he off to Rio?
    No but @ElfsborgAddick is… :-)
    ElfsborgAddick is a Brazilian Transexual.
    I knew it.

Has a cracking pair. 
    You and @blackpool72 are a cracking pair, bom dia pro vocês. 

• Why are they trying to sign him when Holden doesn't want him? Boils my blood.

;)

Because one person will say Dean Holden doesn't want him and like all gossip and wild fires it spreads.
    I have no idea if May is wanted but I find Cawley worth listening to.
    Cawley's 'maybe' is generally quite strong.
  • jams said:
    Why would he drop from the champ play offs to league 1?
    Because we are a big club with a terrific fanbase and history.
  • MarcusH26 said:

Might find Thomas can provide cover there as we have a number of centre backs now or if we do bring in another LB/LWB maybe it'll be the last signing if there's any room left in the budget & squad.

Was thinking maybe one of the loan slots might be a left back if we don't get Sess.