Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• May be double bubble!

Alfie wont be signing until the takeover goes through.  Not ITK but makes sense & completely contradicts what @RonnieMoore says. 
    Is it possible that he's agreed to join us, but the new mob have agreed with Sandgaard that they'll pay as soon as the takeover is complete, but if the takeover is delayed until after the window is closed then TS will pay? I mean if the takeover falls through then TS will have to step up to the plate to some extend, or his L1 asset could rapidly become a L2 asset.
  • Makes sense, apart from us every club he’s played permanently for is in the north west and he’s from there too.  Also been involved with Morecambe’s survival fight successfully in this league, they’re gonna need that.
  • As above, born in Blackpool, played in the NW all career before us and represented Scotland at youth level, probably has a home up near the Lake District, easy enough commute to Carlisle from there
  • Watching 'Alfie May's 20 goals this season' video, I've got to say I was impressed with his awareness and instinctively knowing where the goal is.
    He's got a buzz about him.

He's always moving, attacking the space and the ball.
    Not afraid to shoot, follows up instead of ball watching, gets in front of the defender.

He may not be World Class or be Prem quality, but he's a striker by nature and at Third Division level proven to score goals.
    Of course, we haven't watched his video of glaring misses, but he may well be someone who can do an effective job for us this season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idKSnbEgVJ4&ab_channel=BertieBell%23CTFC

• Also follows them on Instagram, which seems to be the benchmark these days for if it's happening or not
  • edited July 2023
    I hope he's got more to his game than being a poacher, they're a dying breed for a reason
  • edited July 2023
    jbaker said:
    Dabo announced tomorrow 

We're not back on the "tomorrow never comes" theme again here are we...🤔
  • Sponsored links:

• Diablo to be announced, sometime.
    You’re a month late. Diablo 4 was out a few weeks ago. :-)
  • edited July 2023
    Diablo to be announced, sometime.
    😈...tomorrow
    You’re a month late. Diablo 4 was out a few weeks ago. :-)
    I thought Dobson was No. 4?
    The devil is in the detail. :wink:

• Chunes said:
    I hope he's got more to his game than being a poacher, they're a dying breed for a reason
    Maybe, but we see from that video, that he's all around the pitch and his movement is first class.
    Defenders never seem able to pick him up. Works hard too.

• Alfie might be looking a bit further into Kent from what I’m hearing. Not sure we are nailed-on to get him. 
  • Alfie might be looking a bit further into Kent from what I’m hearing. Not sure we are nailed-on to get him. 
    Bit late to the party with that.
  • Sponsored links:

• I’m also hearing as well.
  • Chunes said:
    He scored 43 League One goals for Cheltenham in two seasons. I think that requires a bit more than just being a poacher
  • sam3110 said:
    Diablo to be announced, sometime.
    Why do you have to keep on misspelling his name? No-one else is, and Dabo is hardly a difficult name to type out. Even if you get it slightly wrong, autocorrect is pushing towards David, not Diablo. At best it makes you look weird, at worst...
    Whoosh;)
  • Dabo and May on paper look good, so it’s encouraging.  4 more decent players needed on top of those two imo.  Definitely 1 more forward or someone like JRS as I wouldn’t be confident going into a season with a front 4 of May, Leaburn, Aneke and Kanu.  

• JamesSeed said:
    May be double bubble!

Alfie wont be signing until the takeover goes through.  Not ITK but makes sense & completely contradicts what @RonnieMoore says. 
    Is it possible that he's agreed to join us, but the new mob have agreed with Sandgaard that they'll pay as soon as the takeover is complete, but if the takeover is delayed until after the window is closed then TS will pay? I mean if the takeover falls through then TS will have to step up to the plate to some extend, or his L1 asset could rapidly become a L2 asset.
    Exactly and was something I mentioned earlier this week. We need a load of players with or without the takeover. Ses false economy to me & Sandgaard had better hope it all goes through otherwise he could be left holding "the biggest pile of excrement known to man" (quoting Jeremy Irons)
  • May reminds me of a Conor Washington that can finish, very similar off the shoulder clever running in behind, also looks both footed.
    Hope he is better than that.
  • cabbles said:
    Dabo and May on paper look good, so it’s encouraging.  4 more decent players needed on top of those two imo.  Definitely 1 more forward or someone like JRS as I wouldn’t be confident going into a season with a front 4 of May, Leaburn, Aneke and Kanu.  

More like 7 or 8
  • May reminds me of a Conor Washington that can finish, very similar off the shoulder clever running in behind, also looks both footed.

I agree with you but CL member recons he will be stuck out on the wing !

FFS can we wait until the club announce how long Miles will be out as we start with a week and it goes up to months. It gets depressing. 
  • Carlton Town have signed Alfie May from Cheltenham. Done deal. 100% confirmed.