Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• mendonca said:
    Can't help feeling we are going to get some good and bad news about forwards. 
    I fell for the 'taken off as a precaution' line.
  • Pleased with May, him and Leaburn give genuine hope of 35 goals. With the supposed injury to Leaburn we will need another striker fairly soon, I think we will grab one on loan. 
  • Pleased with the signing of May but he'll need a strike partner to come I guess for at least the first 4-6 weeks minimum of the season if not more - whether that's permanent signing or a loan remains to be seen.

Just hope May isn't another Ajose where the goals dry up when he signs for us. 
  • Cracking signing that. Scores plenty with his left leg too. My bloods pumping now! 
  • Leaburn + Aneke, Sorry if I've missed something here but has there
    been any official news re injuries or is it still speculation?
  • Swisdom said:
    As long as he’s not like Luke Varney and disappoints I’ll be happy.  He’s always been a bastard against us so hopefully he becomes our bastard 
    Bet you were jumping up and down that Friday evening in February when he scored two against Palace?😎
  • Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    I hope he's got more to his game than being a poacher, they're a dying breed for a reason
    He scored 43 League One goals for Cheltenham in two seasons. I think that requires a bit more than just being a poacher
    Maybe we are confusing each other here but I don't understand. I'm saying I hope he has more to his game than just nicking goals, and you're saying well he has scored lots of goals...
    I'm saying that you don't get that many goals for a side that doesn't create a huge amount and has the budget of a side that should be looking at relegation by just being a poacher. Cheltenham can't afford to carry a player who just pounces on chances, May is a part of where those chances come from. He's involved in more than just the end product. He got 7 assists across the two seasons, making him their 4th highest assist-maker in 21/22 and joint 3rd highest in 22/23, and he does a lot of work running in behind, stretching defences and linking up play so that the chances he finishes can happen. He also creates a fair few of his own chances. His goal return is reflective of him being more than just a poacher
    I hope you're right! We'll soon find out. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2023
    Pleased with May, him and Leaburn give genuine hope of 35 goals. With the supposed injury to Leaburn we will need another striker fairly soon, I think we will grab one on loan. 
    If we are going to regularly play a 2 we need 4 strikers + Aneke and Kanu so we need two more.

I know it's a fresh broom as it's Holden's first proper transfer window but the outs could be as important as in the ins, especially if we go "all in" on 1 way of playing.  They could actually generate a bit of extra spends.
  • Said all along the takeover won’t stop us spending money in the transfer window .. 275,000 on a 3 year deal …….
    Hi Ronnie, you've only just heard the news?

• edited July 2023
    Said all along the takeover won’t stop us spending money in the transfer window .. 275,000 on a 3 year deal …….
    You also said we hadn't even put in an offer, make up your mind...🙄
  • Said all along the takeover won’t stop us spending money in the transfer window .. 275,000 on a 3 year deal …….

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Pleased with May, him and Leaburn give genuine hope of 35 goals. With the supposed injury to Leaburn we will need another striker fairly soon, I think we will grab one on loan. 
    If we are going to regularly play a 2 we need  strikers + Aneke and Kanu so we need two more.

I know it's a fresh broom as it's Holden's first proper transfer window but the outs could be as important as in the ins, especially if we go "all in" on 1 way of playing.  They could actually generate a bit of extra spends.
    I think we might go with 3 strikers plus a winger who could play up top ala Leko/Green plus Kanu/ Aneke. Maybe we’ll get 2 if Leaburn is out for quite a bit. 

That’s if the plan is 352. The winger situation is interesting as you won’t want many but will probably need some options. Which is why I can see a winger/striker signing. 
  • Could a way of getting round TS payinh fees be structuring any pre takeover deals 0 up front anf full fee first day of the season? That way the new owners arent putting anything in until theyre through the door
  • @golfaddick, it nearly looks like we may have paid a fee for a forward?!
  • CAFCsayer said:
    Could a way of getting round TS payinh fees be structuring any pre takeover deals 0 up front anf full fee first day of the season? That way the new owners arent putting anything in until theyre through the door
    Would Cheltenham let him go of they couldn't spend some of the money?
  • Sponsored links:

• This is most exciting signing we’ve made in years if we get it over the line. 
    Feel like people said similar about Kirk
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    Could a way of getting round TS payinh fees be structuring any pre takeover deals 0 up front anf full fee first day of the season? That way the new owners arent putting anything in until theyre through the door
    Would Cheltenham let him go of they couldn't spend some of the money?
    Maybe they could knowing that money is coming in?
  • Jac_52 said:
    This is most exciting signing we’ve made in years if we get it over the line. 
    Feel like people said similar about Kirk

I genuinely feel like Kirk is going to have a Naby Sarr like renaissance for us this year
    As long as he doesn’t play at Wembley! 👀
  • TS Has to be using some sort of klarna deal on this, why on earth would he spend any money just as he is Leaving the club?? 
    Been confirmed we’ve received no fee for wollacott and most likely be the same for lavelle, so why would he part with 250k? Confusing 
  • TS Has to be using some sort of klarna deal on this, why on earth would he spend any money just as he is Leaving the club?? 
    Been confirmed we’ve received no fee for wollacott and most likely be the same for lavelle, so why would he part with 250k? Confusing 
     Has it?
  • edited July 2023
    TS Has to be using some sort of klarna deal on this, why on earth would he spend any money just as he is Leaving the club?? 
    Sorry I have probably missed it but where was it confirmed and where has Lavelle gone?