Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• sam3110 said:
    No chance a professional footballer from round this way, with a family, would be looking to buy a flat in the town centre
    The flats mentioned are not in the town centre but are in a riverside location which is pretty impressive,gillingham is no different to anywhere else,some of it is a shit hole and some of it is well up market.
    But generally somewhere you wouldn’t choose if you had money enough to live elsewhere.
    perhaps you should have a look,you might change your mind, I have lived in medway area for 50 years ,believe me there are are a damn sight worse places to live.
  • sam3110 said:
    No chance a professional footballer from round this way, with a family, would be looking to buy a flat in the town centre
    The flats mentioned are not in the town centre but are in a riverside location which is pretty impressive,gillingham is no different to anywhere else,some of it is a shit hole and some of it is well up market.
    But generally somewhere you wouldn’t choose if you had money enough to live elsewhere.
    perhaps you should have a look,you might change your mind, I have lived in medway area for 50 years ,believe me there are are a damn sight worse places to live.
    Agreed, Chatham?
  • sam3110 said:
    Agreed, Chatham?
    Chatham town centre is a disgrace,made up of pound and charity shops with very few attractions for the more discerning buyer.If Alfie lived in Medway area he would find somewhere else to do his weekly shop.
  • CafcSCP said:
    sam3110 said:
    Agreed, Chatham?
    Strood
    Nothing wrong with parts of Strood... Like anywhere it has its shite parts, but having lived here for eight years now... I prefer it to Bexleyheath 
  • sam3110 said:
    Agreed, Chatham?
    Chatham town centre is a disgrace,made up of pound and charity shops with very few attractions for the more discerning buyer.If Alfie lived in Medway area he would find somewhere else to do his weekly shop.
    Chatham town centre is where people take their sisters on dates. Horrible place. Although I was there once (took my sister for a meal and show at the theatre) and a tramp asked for a grand to spunk on gear. Very clever, I bought him a coffee from costa 

brompton is a nice little village (if village is the correct term).
  • Alfie May could be a good signing but what’s the interest in Dabo?
    He’s 79 and his group split up in 1969 
    Call me negative but I think he will struggle even in this shitty division 
    But seriously folks Charlton still needs 2 capable left backs TT was only filling in 
    plus another striker cos as good as ML is and as promising as DK is they’re both barely out of school 
    Holden out for a hero 
  • Sponsored links:

• Richard J said:
    Who has failed a medical ? 
    Could be Laville .. he only just got fit after retiring early from Burton 
    And you said we should keep him
    We should .. 
  • Sambcafc said:
    Got to laugh at the ITK Reams. He has got a lot right in fairness. But has said May had a medical four Fridays ago, then said we definitely had NOT put a bid in, then magically last night after Cawley broke the news he ‘just had a call’ and then knew the deal was happening and he ‘couldn’t break confidentiality’ despite posting 2 mins before saying ‘no bid’ again… got to laugh. 

Now it’s ‘a player has failed a medical, but talks ongoing’… you’ve failed your medical so let’s keep discussing it 😂
    To be fair the issue with a medical could be very minor and an issue that won’t affect him playing .. but it’s shown up 
  • mart77 said:
    Who is that scoring a goal right at the end of the video?
    Egbo

Not sure why we don't have a defender in those scenarios. Must smash the keepers confidence. 
  • thenewbie said:
    Looking at the May highlight videos and whilst I am optimistic based on those it does look like we're going to need (presumably) Fraser and whoever else is in that midfield to provide some good service as May has plenty of running and effort but he might not be a Kermorgant type who can craft chances out of nowhere.

He'll be a good signing in the right system, hopefully we can put that system in place.
    He's more a Washington that can finish and is slightly less strong. 

• Not funny
  • Dazzler21 said:
    thenewbie said:
    Looking at the May highlight videos and whilst I am optimistic based on those it does look like we're going to need (presumably) Fraser and whoever else is in that midfield to provide some good service as May has plenty of running and effort but he might not be a Kermorgant type who can craft chances out of nowhere.

He'll be a good signing in the right system, hopefully we can put that system in place.
    He's more a Washington that can finish and is slightly less strong. 
    Tyne and Wear?
    State?
    DC?

details we need details 
  • Sponsored links:

• MrBurns said:
    I expect us to announce a signing today 
    I think the odds on that are about 1/50
  • MrBurns said:
    I expect us to announce a signing today 
    I think the odds on that are about 1/50
    Maybe a bit lower still
  • Worth noting that Cheltenham played a 3-5-2 last year with two attacking full backs as the wide players in the 5 so likely switching between 3-5-2 in possesion to 5-3-2 out of posession. I think we could see this ourselves a fair amount this year, would certainly give May the best chance of replicating his previous season's form.
    The tell will be if we sign another center back and another central striker or two wide players.  We need the full backs and center mids regardless.
  • Worth noting that Cheltenham played a 3-5-2 last year with two attacking full backs as the wide players in the 5 so likely switching between 3-5-2 in possesion to 5-3-2 out of posession. I think we could see this ourselves a fair amount this year, would certainly give May the best chance of replicating his previous season's form.

If playing 2 upfront gives Kanu an opportunity as not sure the lone striker suits him. Would be quite happy with him coming of the bench as a 2 
  • sam3110 said:

But probably not if you’re on £8k a week.