Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    I hope he's got more to his game than being a poacher, they're a dying breed for a reason
    He scored 43 League One goals for Cheltenham in two seasons. I think that requires a bit more than just being a poacher
    Maybe we are confusing each other here but I don't understand. I'm saying I hope he has more to his game than just nicking goals, and you're saying well he has scored lots of goals...
    I'm saying that you don't get that many goals for a side that doesn't create a huge amount and has the budget of a side that should be looking at relegation by just being a poacher. Cheltenham can't afford to carry a player who just pounces on chances, May is a part of where those chances come from. He's involved in more than just the end product. He got 7 assists across the two seasons, making him their 4th highest assist-maker in 21/22 and joint 3rd highest in 22/23, and he does a lot of work running in behind, stretching defences and linking up play so that the chances he finishes can happen. He also creates a fair few of his own chances. His goal return is reflective of him being more than just a poacher
    I hope you're right! We'll soon find out. 
    To be honest I have no doubt we'll find some way to get the absolute worst out of him. Probably play him in goal or something
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    TS Has to be using some sort of klarna deal on this, why on earth would he spend any money just as he is Leaving the club?? 
    Been confirmed we’ve received no fee for wollacott and most likely be the same for lavelle, so why would he part with 250k? Confusing 
    Sorry I have probably missed it but where was it confirmed and where has Lavelle gone?
    Lavelle gone to Carlisle, a page back I think, no idea about Wolly...
  • edited July 2023
    Jac_52 said:
    This is most exciting signing we’ve made in years if we get it over the line. 
    Feel like people said similar about Kirk

I genuinely feel like Kirk is going to have a Naby Sarr like renaissance for us this year
  • Cawley said he didn’t think a fee had been received for Wollacott. No idea why we would let a contracted player go for free
  • Smithy said:
    Cawley said he didn’t think a fee had been received for Wollacott. No idea why we would let a contracted player go for free
    Perhaps he didn’t exercise his right to have his contract paid up?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    TS Has to be using some sort of klarna deal on this, why on earth would he spend any money just as he is Leaving the club?? 
    Been confirmed we’ve received no fee for wollacott and most likely be the same for lavelle, so why would he part with 250k? Confusing 
    Sorry I have probably missed it but where was it confirmed and where has Lavelle gone?
    Linked to Carlisle but in no way confirmed 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Supposedly Carlisle.
  • edited July 2023
    Probably a little premature but assuming Dabo and May are in, it’s gotta be a centre midfielder next surely?  If we’re playing 3, we’ve only got 5 and 1 of them is an unproven youngster.  I’d like to see a defensive one who challenges Dobbo.  Not forgetting we need a left back.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2023
    Wollacott transfer to Hibs was reported elsewhere as an undisclosed fee which to me implies there was some money changing hands 🤷‍♂️.
  • Probably a little premature but assuming Dabo and May are in, it’s gotta be a centre midfielder next surely?  If we’re playing 3, we’ve only got 5 and 1 of them is an unproven youngster.  I’d like to see a defensive one who challenges Dobbo.  Not forgetting we need a left back.
    I’d probably bring in one to compete with Dobbo too but the urgent one has to be the first teamer rather than back up. A left back is also pretty urgent 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    But golfie said we couldn't sign him until the take over went through?  Regularly.
    I know. Looks like my source hasn't a clue doesn't it. 

Then again Reams said May had a medical 3 weeks ago.
  • Dabo? Dobbo?  Off to Google a player called Dibbo...
  • Smithy said:
    Cawley said he didn’t think a fee had been received for Wollacott. No idea why we would let a contracted player go for free
    Frees up wages I suppose. Maybe we are paying Isted less so overall a net gain.
  • TS Has to be using some sort of klarna deal on this, why on earth would he spend any money just as he is Leaving the club?? 
    We won’t be paying the fee up front, it will be in instalments, likely not going to cost TS anything as there will be cash in the club from season tickets and the following instalments will be paid by the new owners so assume they have signed off the spend.
    So my source is vindicated (somewhat) 😄
  • Smithy said:
    Frees up wages I suppose. Maybe we are paying Isted less so overall a net gain.
    Probably is a net gain but surely he’s good enough to command a fee, even if just £150k
  • Sponsored links:

• Let me be the first to say; May out.
  • TS Has to be using some sort of klarna deal on this, why on earth would he spend any money just as he is Leaving the club?? 
    We won’t be paying the fee up front, it will be in instalments, likely not going to cost TS anything as there will be cash in the club from season tickets and the following instalments will be paid by the new owners so assume they have signed off the spend.
    You have to pay 50% up front and the rest can be paid in instalments 
    Of all the bull you spout this is right up there 
    No, you don’t.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Lavelle gone to Carlisle, a page back I think, no idea about Wolly...
    I thought some no body said Lavelle was going to Carlisle on twitter?
    100% you don't.  It's like DFS, you can do it how ever you both decide.