Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• dingdong said:
    According to Reams on the other site no official bid has been put in for May 🤷‍♂️ just saying 
    Cue a different reaction from "over there " following Cawley's post.
  • May is a Washington type player, but hopefully with a few more goals in him.
  • This is the calibre of signing you go for if you want promotion.  

I have to say that after watching the goals from last season, he is not bad.  That goal from 45 yards away to Peterborough was something special.
  • So Dabbo and May tomorrow? Very good. 
  • This is the calibre of signing you go for if you want promotion.  

I have to say that after watching the goals from last season, he is not bad.  That goal from 45 yards away to Peterborough was something special.
    It’s not that I’m saying he’s a dead cert.  But two years back to back of prolific goal scoring at this level in a team worse than ours, it just makes sense.  
  • Great bit of business especially at that small reported fee, as should still be plenty of money in the new owners budget for other potential signings, either fees or the better out of contract players on the market. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Alfies Mays in mind , 
    And he’s Charlton number 9 
  • If May can score plus twenty goals then as far as I’m concerned he can poach, scramble or fry.

As he'll have all the defenders for toast.
  • dingdong said:
    According to Reams on the other site no official bid has been put in for May 🤷‍♂️ just saying 
    😂 
    to be fair that was yesterday and things can change in a day, it's all opinions though, maybe down to how serious the injury to Leaburn could be  :)

• CH4RLTON said:
    Alfies Mays in mind , 
    And he’s Charlton number 9 
    Make use of the edit facility mate.  
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    May reminds me of a Conor Washington that can finish, very similar off the shoulder clever running in behind, also looks both footed.

I agree with you but CL member recons he will be stuck out on the wing !

FFS can we wait until the club announce how long Miles will be out as we start with a week and it goes up to months. It gets depressing. 
    It was you who said play him wide!!!

I said play him off the shoulder of Leaburn, and makes sure he spends more time in and around the box.
    I have made no secret of being a fan of two up front especially in the mediocre League 1. 
    It's your manta that if you play a 3 up front you have a central striker and two wide men. That hardly ever works for Cafc unless we are away to Plymouth.
    I said if CBT is fit then fine he can play wider but we need the goal scorers to be in and around the box when attacking.

I still have no idea what Dean Holden preferred formation is ? I guess it will become clearer over the next 7 weeks.

After the personal abuse you gave to Large addict, I'm surprised you weren't banned. Others have been banned for less.
    You didn't say off the shoulder you said on the right in a front 3 then started talking about DJ and Washington.

If we are going to sign him and not use him the same way that Cheltenham have used him, that obviously got the best out of him there would have been a melt down if we had signed him from Doncaster, it's not a good signing.

That was also on the back of people saying that we should play him in midfield!

If you sign a 5 foot 9 striker who has scored 20+ in the last 3 seasons playing in a two to do anything other than playing in a two, you signed the wrong player.

I apologised to LargeAddick at the earliest possible time, I'll apologise to you as well if you were offended.
  • If May can score plus twenty goals then as far as I’m concerned he can poach, scramble or fry.
    You forgot, boil!
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Alfies Mays in mind , 
    And he’s Charlton number 10

• Sponsored links:

• dingdong said:
    Cue a different reaction from "over there " following Cawley's post.
    Really out of date the bit about no official bid and I don’t understand why you are all so fascinated with someone you don’t really rate. I think you should all be brave enough to at least go onto the site you are obsessed with and post your comments on there.

What I have observed is that he has been spot on with all the takeover information.
    When he made the comment about us not having put a bid in, are you so certain he was not correct? It seems to me that we became interested when Leaburn was injured.
  • Valley11 said:
    So Dabbo and May tomorrow? Very good. 
    Could be a recipe for disaster...

" Your ball, Dabo- NO not yours Dobbo !"
  • I can’t see us getting any proper updates on Miles’ situation (particularly if bad news) before a striker or two are signed. Sellers would inflate their prices at a drop of a hat if they knew we were more desperate for the cover than prior to Miles’ injury. 

I hope Miles recovers as quickly as possible and it isn’t too serious. He must be really frustrated. 
    Silence is telling though too i'd argue. If there were nowt wrong with him , wouldn't you let it be known?
  • Can't help feeling we are going to get some good and bad news about forwards. 
  • If he doesn’t go to Spain that will tell us all we need to know.
  • edited July 2023
    sam3110 said:
    Diablo to be announced, sometime.
    Why do you have to keep on misspelling his name? No-one else is, and Dabo is hardly a difficult name to type out. Even if you get it slightly wrong, autocorrect is pushing towards David, not Diablo. At best it makes you look weird, at worst...
    TBF he does spell his own name backwards 🤣
  • Oggy Red said:
    Watching 'Alfie May's 20 goals this season' video, I've got to say I was impressed with his awareness and instinctively knowing where the goal is.
    He's got a buzz about him.

He's always moving, attacking the space and the ball.
    Not afraid to shoot, follows up instead of ball watching, gets in front of the defender.

He may not be World Class or be Prem quality, but he's a striker by nature and at Third Division level proven to score goals.
    Of course, we haven't watched his video of glaring misses, but he may well be someone who can do an effective job for us this season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idKSnbEgVJ4&ab_channel=BertieBell%23CTFC

I mean, 20 goals is nothing to sniff at, but if he can't do an adequate goal celebration afterwards, what's the point?.  His celebrations are sh!t. We can do better than Alfie May.
    Omelet others chime in but I’d be eggstatic with 20 goals from May.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    May reminds me of a Conor Washington that can finish, very similar off the shoulder clever running in behind, also looks both footed.

I agree with you but CL member recons he will be stuck out on the wing !

FFS can we wait until the club announce how long Miles will be out as we start with a week and it goes up to months. It gets depressing. 
    It was you who said play him wide!!!

I said play him off the shoulder of Leaburn, and makes sure he spends more time in and around the box.
    I have made no secret of being a fan of two up front especially in the mediocre League 1. 
    It's your manta that if you play a 3 up front you have a central striker and two wide men. That hardly ever works for Cafc unless we are away to Plymouth.
    I said if CBT is fit then fine he can play wider but we need the goal scorers to be in and around the box when attacking.

I still have no idea what Dean Holden preferred formation is ? I guess it will become clearer over the next 7 weeks.

After the personal abuse you gave to Large addict, I'm surprised you weren't banned. Others have been banned for less.
    Coming from you  :D