Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Redhenry said:

Not funny
    I’ll admit it made me chuckle but on second thoughts you’re probably right so I apologise to anyone it doesn’t sit right with, wasn’t my intention and not my tweet either.
  • Stephen Sessegnon in Bromley yesterday. Could he have been on his way to Sparrows Lane to sign?
  • I fancy a kebab for lunch now ...
  • Diablo’s gone quiet, is he up to mischief elsewhere or training with the lads?
    Issue with his medical .. talks still on going 
  • Sponsored links:

• or maybe he's just going fishing?
  • Pedro45 said:
    Wearing Fulham gear... here's another shot...
    He doesn't play for Fulham anymore? Odd choice of attire after being released.
  • surprised he can't afford a taxi.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    I’m genuinely not digging you out @DubaiCAFC but can I ask why you’ve been saying May wasn’t a target and that Holden didn’t want him? Have things changed since the start of the summer? Missed another target?
    Missed out on another target, and then Leaburn injury as well.
    May was always really keen. 

Let’s just hope he is as good as the Charlton fans are hyping him up to be.
    Thanks for reply. 
  • Steve Sess fishing for another club 
  • I assume the May announcement is imminent, unless he means the takeover 
    :wink:

• edited July 2023
    supaclive said:
    Noted from @Henry Irving that the 'new owners' were blocking the move for May but that Holden wanted him all Summer.

May was not seen as having a sell on value.  Holden sees him as having a right now value.

In Dean we need to trust.  I hope he wins his battles to get the team he wants, not the black box and not the 'non football ' people..... the accountant, the PR spin guy......etc
    Glad Holden is getting a player he’s wants.

It’s right to look for players with sell on value, but not every signing has to have that.

Could there be better than May out there? Yes, but young striker with a good scoring record would likely cost a lot more than May, but with no more of guarantee they’d handle the step up. If we pay a big fee the player is going to be on a long contract too. It’s a big risk. Kirk is a great example of it not working out.

In May we have a player who’s really improved in terms of his goalscoring over the last two seasons. He’ll be an experienced player at the peak of his career, something we need in the squad alongside our talented young players.

He’s played in a 3-5-2 at Cheltenham, which I expect to be our main system this season. Seems to be known for his work rate. I can see several reasons why Holden wanted him, especially when it appears he’s been very keen to sign for us.

Looking forward to seeing him play, hopefully he makes the impact we need.
  • Redhenry said:

Not funny
    I’ll admit it made me chuckle but on second thoughts you’re probably right so I apologise to anyone it doesn’t sit right with, wasn’t my intention and not my tweet either.
    i thought it was hilarious. 
  • Sponsored links:

• ButtleJR said:
    Dabo isn't happening for a very valid reason. 
    Failed Medical?

• I assume the May announcement is imminent, unless he means the takeover 
    :wink:

He was training with the squad this morning that’s why it’s this afternoon