Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• nagAddick said:
    Sam_777 said:
    Scottish fella from Fleetwood who plays RWB, name escapes me but he’s class, i’d like us to take a look
    Shaun Rooney ?

Didn't he score a screamer for them at The Valley? Last season or the season before I think? 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    If Dabo has failed a medical , any other RBs out there bar Sess that people really rate?

I don't think Regan Poole is especially realistic as I think he'll get a championship deal. 
    Maybe we will go for Todd Kane again.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    nagAddick said:
    Sam_777 said:
    Scottish fella from Fleetwood who plays RWB, name escapes me but he’s class, i’d like us to take a look
    Shaun Rooney ?

Didn't he score a screamer for them at The Valley? Last season or the season before I think? 

This season. Came off the bench and smashed one in. Would be a v.good signing but doubt we would splash cash on a RB at the moment
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    I’m genuinely not digging you out @DubaiCAFC but can I ask why you’ve been saying May wasn’t a target and that Holden didn’t want him? Have things changed since the start of the summer? Missed another target?
    Missed out on another target, and then Leaburn injury as well.
    May was always really keen. 

Let’s just hope he is as good as the Charlton fans are hyping him up to be.
    If we can't talk up /  over hype a player now we never will be able to! 

Give us this moment now and we will manage our Ajose experience at the time we have to.
  • No new signings in over six hours. Pull your finger out Charlton…
  • Scoham said:
    Brownie12 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    If Dabo has failed a medical , any other RBs out there bar Sess that people really rate?

I don't think Regan Poole is especially realistic as I think he'll get a championship deal. 
    Maybe we will go for Todd Kane again.
    Hope we aim higher, don’t think he’s what we need if we’re using wing backs.

Yeah I didn't even mention Kane as I think we probably need to be aiming higher than him. 
  • Redrobo said:
    Richard J said:
    Richard J said:
    I know Reams is not everyone's favourite person, but he does seem to have the inside track to the new owners. Who is genuinely itk can change overtime.

I was close to Chris Thompson ( Ketts ) when he wrote Dr Kish. At one stage he literally knew about any trialists because the kitman was his source and he would be sent clues. For example we worked out that Alou Diarra was on trial one time after discounting other possibilities of who AD might be.

After the kitman changed Ketts didn't have such a good inside contact, but because he was careful in what was published he maintained his excellent reputation. It also helped that he was a very nice man who didn't have a big ego. I never knew anyone in the supporter base who spoke badly of him 

My point is that it seems Reams does have a good inside track now.Lets just accept that and find it useful.
    chopped and changed his mind though numerous times on May. I think he just puts stuff out there, some contradictory, and sometimes he's right. A lot of the time he's wrong.
    I suspect that sometimes the situation changes. It appears that Dabo was very much on our radar, but he failed a medical. That isn't contradictory that is events taking place which changed the information.

He broke that last night before anyone else.
    Thing is, he said we had not even made a bid for May then less than an hour later Cawley is saying not only has a bid been accepted but so have personal terms - I know things change quite quickly but THAT quickly? I don't know the guy or have anything particularly against him but he does seem to love being the contrarian all the time - also I think if you leak every single thing you are told constantly with no filter then it can lead to credibility issues down the line. Also can lead to being used or taken advantage of a little I think. 

Nobody has to be right or completely up on every single bit of info on the club - it doesn't make you a better fan or anything - and it is ok to just say "I don't know" if you are presented with info that on the face of it may be a bit sketchy or subject to change in such an extraordinarily quick time frame that by the time you have reported it the situation has already changed. It just makes me question is it about sharing info with the fan base or is it simply an ego thing? Like I say, don't know the guy so who knows.
    Reams has links to SE7 and Henry confirmed that SE7 were not backing a move. Reams called it as he knew it, and this confirms he was indeed correct. 
    The important word in that sentence is “was”. Things change. 

If you want to take it up with him, go onto ITTV. Digging out the bloke on this site is bang out of order IMO. At least have the guts to have your say where he can have the opportunity to respond.
    People do and he just bans them. Personally I’d prefer if he wasn’t  mentioned on this forum at all.
    This…. I was banned after about an hour. Did me a favour really. 
  • Jac_52 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    nagAddick said:
    Sam_777 said:
    Shaun Rooney ?

This season. Came off the bench and smashed one in. Would be a v.good signing but doubt we would splash cash on a RB at the moment
    Why?  Fleetwood might have to sell now due to the ownership and its possible they actually owe us money.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Jac_52 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    nagAddick said:
    Sam_777 said:
    Shaun Rooney ?

Why?  Fleetwood might have to sell now due to the ownership and its possible they actually owe us money.

Well it just feels like we wouldn't spunk another £200k+ on a right back when we don't have a left back. But hey maybe this really is a new dawn and we actually will.
  • redbuttle said:
    Redrobo said:
    Richard J said:
    Richard J said:
    I know Reams is not everyone's favourite person, but he does seem to have the inside track to the new owners. Who is genuinely itk can change overtime.

I was close to Chris Thompson ( Ketts ) when he wrote Dr Kish. At one stage he literally knew about any trialists because the kitman was his source and he would be sent clues. For example we worked out that Alou Diarra was on trial one time after discounting other possibilities of who AD might be.

After the kitman changed Ketts didn't have such a good inside contact, but because he was careful in what was published he maintained his excellent reputation. It also helped that he was a very nice man who didn't have a big ego. I never knew anyone in the supporter base who spoke badly of him 

My point is that it seems Reams does have a good inside track now.Lets just accept that and find it useful.
    chopped and changed his mind though numerous times on May. I think he just puts stuff out there, some contradictory, and sometimes he's right. A lot of the time he's wrong.
    I suspect that sometimes the situation changes. It appears that Dabo was very much on our radar, but he failed a medical. That isn't contradictory that is events taking place which changed the information.

Thing is, he said we had not even made a bid for May then less than an hour later Cawley is saying not only has a bid been accepted but so have personal terms - I know things change quite quickly but THAT quickly? I don't know the guy or have anything particularly against him but he does seem to love being the contrarian all the time - also I think if you leak every single thing you are told constantly with no filter then it can lead to credibility issues down the line. Also can lead to being used or taken advantage of a little I think. 

Nobody has to be right or completely up on every single bit of info on the club - it doesn't make you a better fan or anything - and it is ok to just say "I don't know" if you are presented with info that on the face of it may be a bit sketchy or subject to change in such an extraordinarily quick time frame that by the time you have reported it the situation has already changed. It just makes me question is it about sharing info with the fan base or is it simply an ego thing? Like I say, don't know the guy so who knows.
    Reams has links to SE7 and Henry confirmed that SE7 were not backing a move. Reams called it as he knew it, and this confirms he was indeed correct. 

If you want to take it up with him, go onto ITTV. Digging out the bloke on this site is bang out of order IMO. At least have the guts to have your say where he can have the opportunity to respond.
    Exactly.  If you really have a problem with him arrange to meet him for a chat.  Don't think you will do that  somehow.
    And why is that?
  • Pleased with May, him and Leaburn give genuine hope of 35 goals. With the supposed injury to Leaburn we will need another striker fairly soon, I think we will grab one on loan. 

If you can get your two strikers get 35 goals between them a team will always have a fighting chance of automatic promotion.
  • Smithy said:
    Cawley said he didn’t think a fee had been received for Wollacott. No idea why we would let a contracted player go for free
    It releases the wages for a player you are not using.

• Cafc43v3r said:
    TS Has to be using some sort of klarna deal on this, why on earth would he spend any money just as he is Leaving the club?? 
    Been confirmed we’ve received no fee for wollacott and most likely be the same for lavelle, so why would he part with 250k? Confusing 
    We won’t be paying the fee up front, it will be in instalments, likely not going to cost TS anything as there will be cash in the club from season tickets and the following instalments will be paid by the new owners so assume they have signed off the spend.
    You have to pay 50% up front and the rest can be paid in instalments 
    100% you don't.  It's like DFS, you can do it how ever you both decide.

Please do not argue with her, you are wrong.
  • JamesSeed said:
    sam3110 said:
    Diablo to be announced, sometime.
    Why do you have to keep on misspelling his name? No-one else is, and Dabo is hardly a difficult name to type out. Even if you get it slightly wrong, autocorrect is pushing towards David, not Diablo. At best it makes you look weird, at worst...

I thought his name was spelt Dildo.
    Jeez

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • sam3110 said:
    No chance a professional footballer from round this way, with a family, would be looking to buy a flat in the town centre
    The flats mentioned are not in the town centre but are in a riverside location which is pretty impressive,gillingham is no different to anywhere else,some of it is a shit hole and some of it is well up market.
    But generally somewhere you wouldn’t choose if you had money enough to live elsewhere.
    perhaps you should have a look,you might change your mind, I have lived in medway area for 50 years ,believe me there are are a damn sight worse places to live.
    Not many though.

• Swisdom said:
    Addick_8 said:
    Addick_8 said:
    TEL said:
    We all have opinions about players but I think in this day and age all the stuff posted on social media is a tad out of control.

I think people forget that these people being publicly ridiculed are human beings the same as us.
    I wonder how they would feel if someone posted up all their poor performances or errors from the office, building site, workplace on Facebook and Twitter. 

It's fair to say if someone had a poor game if it's constructive, but all the personal stuff is out of order. 

Just saying. 
    The thread about Chucks isn’t much better 
    I don't agree with certain comments on that thread, but there's a massive difference between discussing players on message board threads, and putting nasty comments on social media accounts of the players.

Charlton Life is where fans can "privately" discuss players, whereas if you put a comment on a player's social media account, that's directly aimed at them.
    I’m not in ITK when it comes to transfers, ownership etc but pretty well connected with some current and mostly past players which stems from mixed social circles, schools & football teams we all played for as kids/teens. 

It’s not BS although it sounds it so I understand if people don’t believe me but absolutely no need for me to make it up.
    I know for a fact players check this forum and also that Chucks was explicitly told to avoid social media and Charlton forums with threads about him - despite some positive comments because it wasn’t good for him to see. This is coming from a former GK of ours who I catch up with every couple of months. 
    I’m not saying every fan should be overly positive etc, but some of the crap in there is ridiculous and wished some thought before they write what they do (in the past, I wished I have done the same thing when I was in my early 20’s) but some of this is from full grown adults. 
    I am fiercely defensive of players suffering with injuries that are being openly mocked or accused of “stealing a living” when no one knows how tough it is for players sometimes despite their wages.
    Apologies for going off topic in the transfer rumours chat as I’m one of the first to moan however I felt like I needed to reply. 
    That's honestly really bleak to hear. It must be tough enough for Chuks not being able to fully engage with his career without people yelling online about how he should just retire because it's costing the club money to employ him. I think there's a huge difference between criticising a player for a poor performance or an error but when people are abusing players personally it becomes ridiculous. Social media has always created polarisation but the number of times on a post-match thread you'll see someone say that they 'never want to see x player in a Charlton shirt again' because they put in one bad performance or gave away a goal has been increasing every season I reckon. Now players get booed at games if they played for us and left, even if they were made to leave by the club. I think social media, Twitter in particular, has just completely made a lot of fans forget that footballers are human beings.
    Any players I talk to are advised to avoid all social media if possible.  And if they do post something to not read the replies.  I dread to think how much it would affect a young player not yet fully trained im all aspect of social media

Diego Poyet could tell young academy players not to slag off senior players by calling them a donkey because the donkey will put them in a headlock when they become a college.
    It really didn't help Poyet's career at the Hammers.

Years before but they come back to haunt the poster.
  • edited July 2023
    redbuttle said:
    Redrobo said:
    Richard J said:
    Richard J said:

Exactly.  If you really have a problem with him arrange to meet him for a chat.  Don't think you will do that  somehow.
     I like Reams, despite our rocky start. If you’re straight with him he’s alright in my book, and certainly well meaning. And he has decent contacts of course. 
    PS We’re not supposed to talk about ITTV. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Pedro45 said:
    Stephen Sessegnon in Bromley yesterday. Could he have been on his way to Sparrows Lane to sign?

I wonder how long he had to wait for the 314 to Sparrows Lane.
  • Oggy Red said:
    away from Charlton, Lewes signed a centre half from Millwall  .. Arthur Penney. Made me chuckle.
    When I was a kid you could get a Black Jack and a Fruit Salad for that. :smile:

4 for half penny 8 for a penny.

• No other rumours in the pipeline it would seem. My guess is we are at the end of phase one and have our squad for the preseason tour. Hopefully 3/4 more before the start of the season and then a couple of prem loans towards the end.
  • J BLOCK said:
    Reams suggesting the other striker we want is Sam Nombe from Exeter…
    Now that I would be very, very happy with. Now we've signed May we absolutely need to go out again for more strikers. Need to be playing a two up front and so we need 4 or 5 even without Miles' injury issues. Nombe, May, Leaburn, Kanu and Aneke would still be a bit light given fitness concerns, but going into the season with Nombe, May and Leaburn as options for a two would be incredible
    Agreed, however I still suspect a bid will come in for Leaburn this window, likely late. 

Not now with the injury.
  • Redrobo said:
    Richard J said:
    Richard J said:

If viewpoints are questioned, in the main you get a lot of name calling, and a lot of times get banned.
  • redbuttle said:
    Redrobo said:
    Richard J said:
    Richard J said:

Now now.  Football is all about opinions.
  • redbuttle said:
    Redrobo said:
    Richard J said:
    Richard J said:

Now now.  Football is all about opinions.
    Here is the greatest game of football ever played then. A feast of opinions

https://youtu.be/LfduUFF_i1A