Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Nombe is a good player but his goals dried up once Brown was suspended. Might work well alongside May though, he's not the tallest but he's strong.
  • Would love us to go all out for Wilson. He was streets above his level at Forest Green.
  • edited July 2023
    I do wonder now that May has signed if we’ll concentrate on other areas of the team and rely on picking up a PL youngster to compete / rotate with Kanu until Miles is back. Might be a Championship striker out of favour somewhere worth a loan but I really can’t see us spending the required to get the names being mentioned on here. 
  • edited July 2023
    Cawley has said that Dabo is not happening now.
  • Redrobo said:
    I assume everyone is getting a season ticket now 😉
    As soon as Sandgaard goes .
    Next week then 👍
  • I do wonder now that May has signed if we’ll concentrate on other areas of the team and rely on picking up a PL youngster to compete / rotate with Kanu until Miles is back. Might be a Championship striker out of favour somewhere worth a loan but I really can’t see us spending the required to get the names being mentioned on here. 

This is what I would expect, unless we get a free agent - wouldn't be surprised to see a fee on a CM. Don't think we'll spend £500k+ on another striker. 
  • Lyle Taylor and May could work well together.... just saying
  • Cawley has said that Dabo is not happening now.
    Due to his medical 
  • edited July 2023
    Most importantly @grumpyaddick how are we doing on the signings to page count ratio now?? 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2023
  • I'd love to know how Dabo failed a medical when if you look at his career he's never had a serious injury and has played regularly over the last 6-7 years, including a few seasons at a higher level.
  • Richard J said:
    I know Reams is not everyone's favourite person, but he does seem to have the inside track to the new owners. Who is genuinely itk can change overtime.

I was close to Chris Thompson ( Ketts ) when he wrote Dr Kish. At one stage he literally knew about any trialists because the kitman was his source and he would be sent clues. For example we worked out that Alou Diarra was on trial one time after discounting other possibilities of who AD might be.

After the kitman changed Ketts didn't have such a good inside contact, but because he was careful in what was published he maintained his excellent reputation. It also helped that he was a very nice man who didn't have a big ego. I never knew anyone in the supporter base who spoke badly of him 

My point is that it seems Reams does have a good inside track now.Lets just accept that and find it useful.
    Spot on.
    He also appears to be right about a player failing his medical. 
  • Richard J said:
    I know Reams is not everyone's favourite person, but he does seem to have the inside track to the new owners. Who is genuinely itk can change overtime.

I was close to Chris Thompson ( Ketts ) when he wrote Dr Kish. At one stage he literally knew about any trialists because the kitman was his source and he would be sent clues. For example we worked out that Alou Diarra was on trial one time after discounting other possibilities of who AD might be.

After the kitman changed Ketts didn't have such a good inside contact, but because he was careful in what was published he maintained his excellent reputation. It also helped that he was a very nice man who didn't have a big ego. I never knew anyone in the supporter base who spoke badly of him 

My point is that it seems Reams does have a good inside track now.Lets just accept that and find it useful.
    chopped and changed his mind though numerous times on May. I think he just puts stuff out there, some contradictory, and sometimes he's right. A lot of the time he's wrong.
    I suspect that sometimes the situation changes. It appears that Dabo was very much on our radar, but he failed a medical. That isn't contradictory that is events taking place which changed the information.

He broke that last night before anyone else.
  • edited July 2023
    Edit 
  • Richard J said:
    Richard J said:

chopped and changed his mind though numerous times on May. I think he just puts stuff out there, some contradictory, and sometimes he's right. A lot of the time he's wrong.
    I suspect that sometimes the situation changes. It appears that Dabo was very much on our radar, but he failed a medical. That isn't contradictory that is events taking place which changed the information.

He broke that last night before anyone else.
    Thing is, he said we had not even made a bid for May then less than an hour later Cawley is saying not only has a bid been accepted but so have personal terms - I know things change quite quickly but THAT quickly? I don't know the guy or have anything particularly against him but he does seem to love being the contrarian all the time - also I think if you leak every single thing you are told constantly with no filter then it can lead to credibility issues down the line. Also can lead to being used or taken advantage of a little I think. 

Nobody has to be right or completely up on every single bit of info on the club - it doesn't make you a better fan or anything - and it is ok to just say "I don't know" if you are presented with info that on the face of it may be a bit sketchy or subject to change in such an extraordinarily quick time frame that by the time you have reported it the situation has already changed. It just makes me question is it about sharing info with the fan base or is it simply an ego thing? Like I say, don't know the guy so who knows.
  • Sponsored links:

• Shame about Dabo, looked like he would have been a good signing. Can't help but see a positive in us deciding against signing a player with injury issues though, given we don't seem to be able to keep healthy players fit there's no chance of us getting Dabo on the pitch. We'll have to find another attacking full back now, hope we've got a deep list
    Failing a medical doesn’t necessarily mean injury issues. Could easily be something related to general health that was the cause for concern. Whatever it was I hope it’s temporary and treatable for the lad.
    No but his agent refused any change to the contract that we originally offered 
  • J BLOCK said:
    Reams suggesting the other striker we want is Sam Nombe from Exeter…
    Now that I would be very, very happy with. Now we've signed May we absolutely need to go out again for more strikers. Need to be playing a two up front and so we need 4 or 5 even without Miles' injury issues. Nombe, May, Leaburn, Kanu and Aneke would still be a bit light given fitness concerns, but going into the season with Nombe, May and Leaburn as options for a two would be incredible
    Agreed, however I still suspect a bid will come in for Leaburn this window, likely late. 
    He’s out for a minimum of two months. I doubt we’ll see him in contention until October. There won’t be bids this window. 

I've heard the same. 
  • Shame about Dabo, looked like he would have been a good signing. Can't help but see a positive in us deciding against signing a player with injury issues though, given we don't seem to be able to keep healthy players fit there's no chance of us getting Dabo on the pitch. We'll have to find another attacking full back now, hope we've got a deep list
    Failing a medical doesn’t necessarily mean injury issues. Could easily be something related to general health that was the cause for concern. Whatever it was I hope it’s temporary and treatable for the lad.
    No but his agent refused any change to the contract that we originally offered 
    I’m sure he did but so what. I won’t use the player specifically as an example but just suppose that a player undergoes a medical off the back of a full season of games with no injuries previously to that but during the medical it’s discovered that the player has heart irregularity’s or vision defect or a lump, the list is endless. All of those might mean failing a medical but could still mean that player could play another whole season without a footballing injury. 
  • Ok, I’m buying into the dream…..

Hope they do better than the Jamaican Bob Sled Team! 😉⚽
  • away from Charlton, Lewes signed a centre half from Millwall  .. Arthur Penney. Made me chuckle.
    When I was a kid you could get a Black Jack and a Fruit Salad for that. :smile:

• Scottish fella from Fleetwood who plays RWB, name escapes me but he’s class, i’d like us to take a look
  • Sam_777 said:
    Scottish fella from Fleetwood who plays RWB, name escapes me but he’s class, i’d like us to take a look
    Shaun Rooney ?