Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• After the May signing, I think we are a new CM and LWB away from having a pretty decent starting 11 (with everyone fit). Here’s the lineup I’ve gone with assuming Deano will be going with a 5 at the back this season.
    That’s how I see it but with Fraser as the CAM and new CM alongside Dobbo.  I guess then in games where we can’t score we go 343 bringing CBT/Campbell on for one of the CMs.  
  • LTKapal said:
    After the May signing, I think we are a new CM and LWB away from having a pretty decent starting 11 (with everyone fit). Here’s the lineup I’ve gone with assuming Deano will be going with a 5 at the back this season.
    That’s how I see it but with Fraser as the CAM and new CM alongside Dobbo.  I guess then in games where we can’t score we go 343 bringing CBT/Campbell on for one of the CMs.  
    Connor Mcgrandles if he can repeat his cambridge form? 
    I’ll be totally honest I’ve absolutely no idea what McGrandles is like.
  • Sonny Bradley signed for Derby. 

That’s a very good defence they now have. 

Callum Elder
    Sonny Bradley
    Curtis Nelson
    Joe Ward
    Washington about to be announced for them. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Washington will score goals. His main problem was he needed 2 or 3 attempts to get 1 and we didn't give him that. If Derby play free flowing attacking football where he gets those attempts, he'll be ok for them (not mental numbers, but into double figures)
  • I'd love to know how Dabo failed a medical when if you look at his career he's never had a serious injury and has played regularly over the last 6-7 years, including a few seasons at a higher level.
    The Coventry fans were saying what a great signing he’d be if you can keep him fit.
  • Fitting sponsor for Washington. He's had so many clubs that he might as well just book a long stay Airbnb each time.
  • NabySarr said:
    Panutche Camara is available for loan.

"We think as a football club it's going to best for him to go on loan this season and get minutes having missed the first half of last season with injuries and then found opportunities limited in the second half with players coming in and doing well," explained McKenna.

"He's been training really well and is a top professional. We've had communication from some different clubs. That process is ongoing at the moment."

The Blues boss continued: "It's the same with Elkan Baggott. We think it's best for him to get minutes on loan this season and he is in agreement with that plan. Again, we've had communication with different clubs. There's nothing very imminent, but that will hopefully get sorted in the next few weeks."

Asked if both players were likely to join League One clubs, McKenna said: "There's interest from different levels for both. Nothing's agreed. We'll look at each case as it comes."

Really need to get this one. Perfect box to box midfielder to complete our midfield alongside Dobson and Fraser 

Absolutely we should be going all out to make this happen.
  • Camara becoming available maybe the reason El Mizouni ended up going back to Orient.

If Ipswich told us we could have either, you’d think Camara would become first choice.
  • Panutche Camara is available for loan.

"We think as a football club it's going to best for him to go on loan this season and get minutes having missed the first half of last season with injuries and then found opportunities limited in the second half with players coming in and doing well," explained McKenna.

"He's been training really well and is a top professional. We've had communication from some different clubs. That process is ongoing at the moment."

The Blues boss continued: "It's the same with Elkan Baggott. We think it's best for him to get minutes on loan this season and he is in agreement with that plan. Again, we've had communication with different clubs. There's nothing very imminent, but that will hopefully get sorted in the next few weeks."

Asked if both players were likely to join League One clubs, McKenna said: "There's interest from different levels for both. Nothing's agreed. We'll look at each case as it comes."

I am surprised they are prepared to loan him out so early in preseason.

He is 26, cost about 500k last summer, only signed a 2 year deal.  He only played 1 league game last season due to injury.

It's a strange one because you would think they would either want him in the squad now or get some of their money back. Wouldn't you? 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Panutche Camara is available for loan.

I am surprised they are prepared to loan him out so early in preseason.

He is 26, cost about 500k last summer, only signed a 2 year deal.  He only played 1 league game last season due to injury.

It's a strange one because you would think they would either want him in the squad now or get some of their money back. Wouldn't you? 
    Or keep him on the books as standby, see if hes any good, and get someone else to pay part/all wages.
  • Sponsored links:

• Pedro45 said:
    Stephen Sessegnon in Bromley yesterday. Could he have been on his way to Sparrows Lane to sign?

I wonder how long he had to wait for the 314 to Sparrows Lane.
    Not long...he crossed back to the station side, and was waiting for a lift.
  • Camara would be the ideal signing , yes he missed  most of last season with injury but he's a top class League 1 CM. Can only think he's available because Ipswich are going to sign more CMs and he's just not going to get a look in. They signed Jack Taylor from Peterborough last week so probably makes Camara available. 
  • Exactly what we need IF he is fit. 
  • One appearence last season. He may have proved his top class in the past BUT no more injury prown loanees - pleeease.
    I understand where you are coming from but think it is worth the risk. It would need a return clause in event of injury and that is probably going to be the stumbling block.
  • ButtleJR said:
    Must be a supporters shirt rather than a players one, it makes his belly look bigger than his chest 
  • Oggy Red said:
    away from Charlton, Lewes signed a centre half from Millwall  .. Arthur Penney. Made me chuckle.
    When I was a kid you could get a Black Jack and a Fruit Salad for that. :smile:

4 for half penny 8 for a penny.

You're right, Colin.

• edited July 2023
    Redrobo said:
    One appearence last season. He may have proved his top class in the past BUT no more injury prown loanees - pleeease.
    I understand where you are coming from but think it is worth the risk. It would need a return clause in event of injury and that is probably going to be the stumbling block.
    You can only return loans in January so little choice with that. I imagine Ipswich would want a recall clause in case he stayed fit and had a great first half of the season.

Would be an exciting signing, I tend to focus on our players rather than opponents but he was one that stood out. One of those that’s a gamble due to his injury last season but probably worth the risk due to the quality he’d bring if he stayed fit.