Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• RedRyan said:
    I'd snap Camara up in a flash, surely gotta be one we focus on. Got a great shot too from what I remember.

I imagine Alan Nikon will break the news.
    lets wait and see how it develops

I'm having flashbacks to other such signings. He could be an inspired signing or a bit of a loose canon. Sometimes though these players just click. Can you picture him in our team? 

• RedRyan said:
    I'd snap Camara up in a flash, surely gotta be one we focus on. Got a great shot too from what I remember.

We don't want to polaroid opinion.
  • I suspect Richard Chin is going to be more involved this year.
    The way things look quite a lot of our graduates seem poised for involvement.
    For me that is no bad thing, but it comes second to winning every home game and drawing every away game, or the equivalent in points.

Very likeable footballer is Richard Chin by the way.
  • Sage said:
    I suspect Richard Chin is going to be more involved this year.
    Absolutely not what we need. Chin is okay but not anywhere near what we need for top 6, especially at left wing back. 
    Agree and I’ll be disappointed if we don’t bring in a proper wing back for each side. We really need two for the left. On the right we’re looking stronger with Egbo there and Asiimwe as someone who could potentially break through.

Other possibility is Holden sees CBT or Campbell as a regular on one side, but I hope they’re seen more as attacking options at wing back rather than players who will play there regularly.
  • Nixon had a story on us tomorrow.

• edited July 2023
    The one thing that professional club's can do compared to the Part time (two training sessions a week, if no mid week game) you should work morning and afternoon in pre season.
    Mornings on the pitch and afternoons chiling your bodies and being totally au fait with tactics regarding formations should be mandatory.
    No excuse in not having two different formations to keep the opposition guessing and having the ability to change during the match if necessary.
    Hopefully being tighter at the back won't affect our attacking options and we must have partnerships all over the pitch to be successful especially May and Leaburn with ways of getting the X factor player Corey Blackett-Taylor to contribute in the attacking half of the field. Kanu will progress this season 🤞

It's Dean Holden's gig and let's hope he can get the players in, plus improve the players still here from last season. I'm old school and believe the pre season is so important in stamping your authority and systems of playing on the squad. 

Waiting for a left footed left Back who can defend mainly and attack occasionally (think of a fit Rhoys Wiggins) is like waiting for Godot.
  • Sponsored links:

• NabySarr said:
    Scoham said:

They’ve lost a lot of players already so I think it would take a lot of money to get them to sell him. Would make them one of the favourites for relegation so I can’t see it happening 
    We been quoted silly numbers when we made enquiry.. see this one going to last day of the window unless the new owners are prepared to pay silly money ?
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Oh a fit Rhoys Wiggins esque left back would be an absolute dream signing. Exactly the mould of player we need 

Marcus, if we had a Wiggins clone on the left then 3-5-2 would really come in the equation for one formation to play especially when/if Leaburn and May are fit to play together in a two.
    Finding an attacking right back/wing back is easier and we may possibly all ready have this player at the club.

I believe I was the first fan that was told by Rhoys Wiggins that his new career was going to be in sports nutrition on the night of the Donny semi final just a few months after retirement at the young age of 30.
    He wasn't in a great place at the time  (sitting next to me!) and felt that an injury at just 17 for Palace (on tour in America) stopped him reaching his full potential.

I praised him for his time at Cafc and Rhoys said that was his best run of matches.
    I decided NOT to ask about the night he was  ripped a new one by Wilf Zaha at the valley and got injured 🤫
  • iaitch said:
    RedRyan said:

We don't want to polaroid opinion.
    Compose yourself! Stop giving him so much exposure. You know he will fade into the background if you forget about him.
  • Who I wonder might be our competitors in getting Camara ? 
    I am sure someone will snap Camara up, although I’ve heard he is off to France to play for Lens.
    You're not getting a Leica from me for that .
  • ross1 said:
    Scoham said:
    Nixon had a story on us tomorrow.

Probably tell us that we have signed May 🤣
    Most likey about the takeover being completed next week ?
  • What happened to that Henry Lawrence. Wasn’t he confirmed on trial last week? 
  • Sponsored links:

• RedRyan said:

I wish these puns would f-stop.
    Yup, can we focus on the topic thread please ;-)
  • At least there is a lot of noise... this is a proper rumour
  • It's Nixon so I'm prepared to be disappointed 
  • Any rumours from today?
  • DH said two deals were close and just a phone call away 
  • Any rumours from today?
    Not as such although in the post match I/V with Louis Mendez, DH said there was a couple of deals a phone call away but like the May deal it might be sooner or later 🤷‍♂️.
  • Anyone know when the team sets off for Spain ?
  • nagAddick said:
    Anyone know when the team sets off for Spain ?
    Tomorrow.
  • I thought Holden said tomorrow. 
  • Oh I forgot to mention that there was a Cardiff scout sat behind me at the game earlier.