Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• jams said:
    I know who id trust out of Cawley and nixon 
    I agree. But things can change quickly. What Cawley said May have been true at the time he said it as agent put two fingers up at the offer and we walked away. That’s not to say that they have not now come to an agreement.
    🤷‍♂️
  • Do we know for sure that it was dabo who failed the medical 
  • Redrobo said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Predictably the Nixon story is already out of date 

Charlton in right back talks
    By Alan Nixon

Charlton are close to snapping up right back Fankaty Dabo ahead of League One rivals.

Dabo is free after leaving Coventry and the Addicks are nearly there with a contract offer to him
    If it is Dabo that failed his medical, may it be that he has accepted a reduced contract or changed terms?
    I suppose it comes down to the reason that the medical is failed and if it's a problem that could flair up regularly or something that can be sorted out quickly.
    We'll never know the actual reason but if Charlton say no the player can go to another club and they may say yes.

Happened with John Hartson, failed his medical at Rangers, passed it at ***tic 
    Not been said by anyone at the club/cawley but have been told that was the case
    Cawley has said that the Dabo deal wont be happening, and said it around the time that it was reported on here about the failed medical.

So you'd presume its 2+2 = 4
  • Richard J said:
    DA9 said:
    Redrobo said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Predictably the Nixon story is already out of date 

Charlton in right back talks
    By Alan Nixon

Charlton are close to snapping up right back Fankaty Dabo ahead of League One rivals.

Dabo is free after leaving Coventry and the Addicks are nearly there with a contract offer to him
    If it is Dabo that failed his medical, may it be that he has accepted a reduced contract or changed terms?
    I suppose it comes down to the reason that the medical is failed and if it's a problem that could flair up regularly or something that can be sorted out quickly.
    We'll never know the actual reason but if Charlton say no the player can go to another club and they may say yes.

Happened with John Hartson, failed his medical at Rangers, passed it at Celtic 

More relevantly Hartson also failed a medical with us.
    Then passed it with Coventry after failing one at Spurs. 
  • Sponsored links:

• We should expect a few loanees to come in as well. 

Overall the business we've done has been good and we still have a month before the season kicks off. 
  • Not sure we’ll hear too much by way of transfer news until Holden and players return from training camp. Then I’d expect a flurry of signings before we wait for the inevitable last minute deadline day stuff.
    That's not what Holden said.. Last season in Spain couple joined while the squad was away one being McGrandles who did not join up with the team until they returned..

Deals will happen, Storrie and Gallen will deal with them back at base 

• Not sure we’ll hear too much by way of transfer news until Holden and players return from training camp. Then I’d expect a flurry of signings before we wait for the inevitable last minute deadline day stuff.
    Can’t see it makes any difference if they are away. Holden can always talk by phone or Zoom if need be and Storrie, Gallen etc will still be here to sort out the finer details. If a player signs he can either jet out depending when he signs or someone at Sparrows can put him through the paces for a few days.
    Purrington joined us when we were in Spain for example 
  • edited July 2023
    Not sure we’ll hear too much by way of transfer news until Holden and players return from training camp. Then I’d expect a flurry of signings before we wait for the inevitable last minute deadline day stuff.
    Can’t see it makes any difference if they are away. Holden can always talk by phone or Zoom if need be and Storrie, Gallen etc will still be here to sort out the finer details. If a player signs he can either jet out depending when he signs or someone at Sparrows can put him through the paces for a few days.
    Oh I agree that a telephone call can be made from anywhere. I just think it’s pragmatic that new faces are either at the training camp or we wait until Sparrows Lane. Maybe a new face today or tomorrow might be available to fly out but also maybe not. If it was just a phone call that was needed why not make that call yesterday and get the newbie in Malaga ?
  • I wondered if the injured players make the trip and whether anyone gets left behind because they are in the midst of a transfer away ? 
  • Transfer window so far. 6/10. Would have been 4/10 had May not signed.

Just hope that by the time the players are back from Spain the takeover is done & dusted so a load more players can be signed.

Definitely need another striker, a midfield enforcer/playmaker and a winger that can replace JRS (not his goals as I doubt any winger we sign will get into double figures).

Probably 3 or 4 permanents & 5 loanees. 
    I also think we need some proper attacking wingbacks, to make 3 at the back work.
  • Sponsored links:

• Let’s hope so eh. Was only this week we were looking to sign a right wing back. Not looking at doing the same in an even more lacking position of LWB seems crazy.
  • Chunes said:
    I seriously hope we're not planning on playing our wingers at wingback this season
    We have a squad full of wingers, who all suit 433 - CBT, DJ, Kirk, Campbell. It does concern me if we end up having to squeeze them into a 352 or we end up with "dead wood" that we can't move on.
  • edited July 2023
    Chunes said:
    I seriously hope we're not planning on playing our wingers at wingback this season
    We have a squad full of wingers, who all suit 433 - CBT, DJ, Kirk, Campbell. It does concern me if we end up having to squeeze them into a 352 or we end up with "dead wood" that we can't move on.
    I think at least 2 of them will have departed by September 
  • edited July 2023
    Chunes said:
    We are not, as per RC:

No more CBs to come in, but still actively looking for FBs (both sides). Probably at least one Sessegnon type who can play either side in a pinch (personal speculation not a rumour.)
  • I think we need a left footed CB