Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• DOUCHER said:
    NabySarr said:
    sam3110 said:
    How I see it:
    We should bring in Sessegnon, Edun, a right winger, another central midfielder and 2 strikers to come in, Kirk/DJ out, Kanu and Elewere to get league 2 loans til Jan. 

Isted, AMB
    Egbo, Sessegnon (Asiimwe)
    Ness, Hector, Lloyd, Thomas, Mitchell (Elewere)
    Edun, Chin (Roddy)
    Dobson, Fraser, McGrandles, Henry, New (Anderson)
    New, Campbell, CBT, Payne, Kirk/DJ
    May, Leaburn, New, New (Kanu)

Bracketed players are youth to be used in the future/in emergencies. That's 24 players, with multiple players being able to cover different positions, like Thomas at left back, CBT at wing back, Payne playing in the middle or wide, Sess on either wing, Mitchell stepping into midfield etc. Etc.

I think that's achievable, and reasonable, it's not a squad that will Piss The League™ but it should be a solid grounding, as long as the new players in question are of a quality that improves us

I'd expect 4 of those players to be loans
    Can't see us getting a new winger when we have a few already and look to be shaping up in a 3-5-2.

I'm happy with Kanu as one of the strikers, in a front 2 I think he could be ready but he needs to have the right partner, that new striker needs to be a big/strong type to cover when Leaburn is injured. 

Chin hopefully won't be involved and will go out on loan. I'd rather have Blackett-Taylor at wing back or Egbo playing the wrong side and Asiimwe on the right. Obviously if we got Sessegnon he'd be the second choice option but Chin shouldn't be anywhere near getting league minutes if we want to go up. 

I'd quite like 2 new central midfielders and allow Henry to go out on loan. We obviously need a Box to Box midfielder to slot into our starting 3 (Camara at Ipswich please!) and then the second should either be another similar type or someone to cover Dobson, depending on which of those roles Holden thinks McGrandles can cover best

If we bring in good additions at Wing Back x2 (at least one needs to be LWB), Central Midfield x2 and then a Striker then I think we will have a real chance of being up there. The LWB and Box to Box midfield signings probably being the most important as they are the biggest holes in our 11 at the moment. Being only 5 good signings away is a good place to be in at the moment
    we don't have a single fit hold up / target man type striker in the squad and are likely to only have 1 once Leaburn is - and hopefully stays fit - i think that is the biggest priority position - getting strong de ja vu from last season here - you can get away with a lot of pieces of the jigsaw missing but if you have naff all up top, you're pissing in the wind.  
    I do agree but we also don’t have any left wing back or box to box midfielder options so I’d still have them as first priorities. At least we have Leaburn as that type of striker. Will be interesting to see whether we try and get that striker now or risk starting the season without to try and get Ladapo 
  • DOUCHER said:
    NabySarr said:
    sam3110 said:
    How I see it:
    We should bring in Sessegnon, Edun, a right winger, another central midfielder and 2 strikers to come in, Kirk/DJ out, Kanu and Elewere to get league 2 loans til Jan. 

Isted, AMB
    Edun, Chin (Roddy)

Bracketed players are youth to be used in the future/in emergencies. That's 24 players, with multiple players being able to cover different positions, like Thomas at left back, CBT at wing back, Payne playing in the middle or wide, Sess on either wing, Mitchell stepping into midfield etc. Etc.

I think that's achievable, and reasonable, it's not a squad that will Piss The League™ but it should be a solid grounding, as long as the new players in question are of a quality that improves us

Can't see us getting a new winger when we have a few already and look to be shaping up in a 3-5-2.

I'm happy with Kanu as one of the strikers, in a front 2 I think he could be ready but he needs to have the right partner, that new striker needs to be a big/strong type to cover when Leaburn is injured. 

Chin hopefully won't be involved and will go out on loan. I'd rather have Blackett-Taylor at wing back or Egbo playing the wrong side and Asiimwe on the right. Obviously if we got Sessegnon he'd be the second choice option but Chin shouldn't be anywhere near getting league minutes if we want to go up. 

I'd quite like 2 new central midfielders and allow Henry to go out on loan. We obviously need a Box to Box midfielder to slot into our starting 3 (Camara at Ipswich please!) and then the second should either be another similar type or someone to cover Dobson, depending on which of those roles Holden thinks McGrandles can cover best

If we bring in good additions at Wing Back x2 (at least one needs to be LWB), Central Midfield x2 and then a Striker then I think we will have a real chance of being up there. The LWB and Box to Box midfield signings probably being the most important as they are the biggest holes in our 11 at the moment. Being only 5 good signings away is a good place to be in at the moment
    we don't have a single fit hold up / target man type striker in the squad and are likely to only have 1 once Leaburn is - and hopefully stays fit - i think that is the biggest priority position - getting strong de ja vu from last season here - you can get away with a lot of pieces of the jigsaw missing but if you have naff all up top, you're pissing in the wind.  
    Agreed. If you're playing 352 then you need at least 3 "first choice" strikers to choose from. Leaburn and May are 2, but then we have Aneke who can't be relied on and youngsters who are too raw to throw in from the start.

I agree with us needing a target man, as Leaburn is the only one we have, and indeed that's not really his main strength at the moment. Leaburn can easily play off a target man, as he's pacey and skilful.
  • DOUCHER said:
    NabySarr said:
    sam3110 said:
    How I see it:

Isted, AMB
    Edun, Chin (Roddy)

Agreed. If you're playing 352 then you need at least 3 "first choice" strikers to choose from. Leaburn and May are 2, but then we have Aneke who can't be relied on and youngsters who are too raw to throw in from the start.

I agree with us needing a target man, as Leaburn is the only one we have, and indeed that's not really his main strength at the moment. Leaburn can easily play off a target man, as he's pacey and skilful.
    He was mentioned a lot last season because of the Garner link, but Tyreece Simpson might be available again after not doing much for Huddersfield last season 
  • CBT will be a key player for us next season, whether that be starting or off the bench. Against most L1 defenders he simply has too much pace.
  • mart77 said:
    Anyone recognise the guy with the bald head swimming in the sea, off the clip of the players in Spain?
    Think that’s Danny Senda
  • Cheers lads👍🏼
  • Sponsored links:

• Gillis said:

nagAddick said:
    mart77 said:
    Anyone recognise the guy with the bald head swimming in the sea, off the clip of the players in Spain?
    Think that’s Danny Senda
    What about this one?

Bob the Builder. 
  • mart77 said:
    Vincent Kompany? 
  • Yes that's Danny Senda. Now you can get some sleep!
  • edited July 2023
    Gillis said:

nagAddick said:
    mart77 said:
    Think that’s Danny Senda
    What about this one?

No thanks. We need men pulling on the shirt, not buoys.
    Look and learn, kids. 
  • Sponsored links:

• As @Sage says we are miles away at the moment.
  • edited July 2023
    JamesSeed said:
    Didn’t realise Tyreece Campbell’s dad is Kevin Campbell. 
    (Sorry about the wrong thread thing.)
    Wrong TC.

Kevin’s son is Tyrese Campbell who plays for Stoke.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stoke-city-tyrese-campbell-kevin-6782132.amp
  • JamesSeed said:
    Didn’t realise Tyreece Campbell’s dad is Kevin Campbell. 
    (Sorry about the wrong thread thing.)
    Wrong TC.

Kevin’s son is Tyrese Campbell who plays for Stoke.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stoke-city-tyrese-campbell-kevin-6782132.amp
    Cheers for that. My Arsenal mate waved his phone at me, and I didn’t notice the spelling. Thought it was very strange that I hadn’t heard about it on here. 👍
  • Didn’t someone say that our Campbell’s dad was Tupac?
    No, his full name is Tyreece Anthony Tupac Shakur Campbell.
  • no mention of timescale regarding Chuks.