Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• cafc_se7 said:
    Funny because I’ve never been impressed by Ladapo either.

I’d push the boat out and go for out of favour Cauley Woodrow or Clarke-Harris.
    God, I wish 
  • Problem with this new striker signing is, how do you convince someone with any real quality to come in - knowing that chances are they will play second fiddle to Miles once he’s fit again?
    I dont think you have to

end of the day we can see miles is still a growing lad and is picking up niggles here and there anyway and as holden says is adjusting to his ever changing body and it can be challenging with the demands of league 1 football

its a squad game nowdays and anyone with real quality will believe they can get and stay in the team anyway they all need to be pushing eachother if we are to be challenging to go up
  • Problem with this new striker signing is, how do you convince someone with any real quality to come in - knowing that chances are they will play second fiddle to Miles once he’s fit again?

No guarantee that will happen. If the striker aint up to the challenge of keeping someone out the team then i'm not sure id want him here. Want people who want to do well, not sit on there arse collecting splinters from the bench. 
  • Valley11 said:
    Max Watters? 

Great shout! 
  • Would be very happy if we can sign Sam Smith.
    Me too - he was the freebie I wanted most when the Stockton vs May clamour was going on - but can't see it now we've brought May in and he would also want 4-3-3 which appears to no longer be our preferred formation.

I suspect the sort of forward we will look to bring in is going to have to be more physical than a winger/speed profile.
  • Sponsored links:

• Next striker odds:

Sam Smith 4/1
    Nombe 6/1
    Freddie Ladapo 10/1
    Aaron Collins 30/1
    JCH 60/1
    Cauley Woodrow 100/1 (just signed new contract)

No guarantee that will happen. If the striker aint up to the challenge of keeping someone out the team then i'm not sure id want him here. Want people who want to do well, not sit on there arse collecting splinters from the bench. 
    Absolutely. I don't want us to sign players who are happy sitting on the bench waiting for a chance, we should be signings players who are wanting to play week in and week out.

Also, as good as Leaburn is and even given that he's "one of ours" he shouldn't expect to get into the side automatically as first choice IMO. Having to prove himself won't do any harm.
  • I was keen on Sam Smith but I’m not sure he is the type of striker we need now that we have May. I would still be happy with signing him but would also still want 1 more striker in as we  need one to cover Leaburn so needs to be more of a physical presence. From what Holden was saying it did kind of hint that he was thinking similarly 

Ladapo, Nombe, Clark-Harris all fit the bill but would all be expensive or unlikely purchases at the moment. Tyreece Simpson on loan I think would be a good and maybe more realistic option  
  • We need some more midfielders. Fraser/Dobson combination isn't a promotion winning one 
  • We need some more midfielders. Fraser/Dobson combination isn't a promotion winning one 
    I think both are good enough but we need a 3rd to join them in the 11 and then a backup that’s better than McGrandles and Henry
    Depends if they're training and performing above him. If they don't think the manager will pick on performances then they shouldn't come. 

• Rumour that Derby are after Fraser
  • ross1 said:
    Rumour that Derby are after Fraser
    The only thing I've seen is Football League World suggesting that Derby should go for Fraser if they lose Jason Knight.

• Sponsored links:

• Letting Fraser go would mean we need to replace him with the same or better. Quite where from I don’t know. If someone fitting that bill was available then Derby would be in for them. Unless it’s a silly offer we can’t refuse I’ll be very disappointed.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Would be surprised if it was Nombe or Ladapo , think they are both ones that would need significant moves from their current clubs.

Could see it being a free agent potentially, not really anyone sticking out on Transfermarkts free agent section. Likes of Sean Maguire that was at Preston has been injured a lot , Lucas João is on there but I can't see him dropping to League 1. 
    Why won't it be? There the two players we are linked with and already has discussions with Exeter 
  • cafc_se7 said:
    Funny because I’ve never been impressed by Ladapo either.

I’d push the boat out and go for out of favour Cauley Woodrow or Clarke-Harris.
    Woodrow signed new contract 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Would be surprised if it was Nombe or Ladapo , think they are both ones that would need significant moves from their current clubs.

Could see it being a free agent potentially, not really anyone sticking out on Transfermarkts free agent section. Likes of Sean Maguire that was at Preston has been injured a lot , Lucas João is on there but I can't see him dropping to League 1. 
    Why won't it be? There the two players we are linked with and already has discussions with Exeter 

Because I genuinely don't think we'll spend a significant fee on someone to be in effect a third option. More likely to be a Sam Smith type on a free. 

Feel that if there's a budget to be spent from the new owners that its better utilised elsewhere in the squad. 
  • If Fraser goes to Derby they should take Kirk too, and maybe DJ.
    A million pounds for the three should do it.
  • Next striker odds:

Sam Smith 4/1
    Nombe 6/1
    Freddie Ladapo 10/1
    Aaron Collins 30/1
    JCH 60/1
    Cauley Woodrow 100/1 (just signed new contract)

Smith was reported to be joining Port Vale, 
  • Letting Fraser go would mean we need to replace him with the same or better. Quite where from I don’t know. If someone fitting that bill was available then Derby would be in for them. Unless it’s a silly offer we can’t refuse I’ll be very disappointed.
    He not going anywhere...
  • J BLOCK said:
    ross1 said:
    Rumour that Derby are after Fraser
    The only thing I've seen is Football League World suggesting that Derby should go for Fraser if they lose Jason Knight.

Selling to this lot would send a clear message on how seriously we're taking next season. 
    Very much agree with this, if in any way true may as well brace ourselves for another mid table finish.