Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• I don't think there's any need to panic.

Unless they bid stupid money there's no way we agree to sell Fraser to Derby.

And if they have stupid money, they're not using it to buy him.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Would be surprised if it was Nombe or Ladapo , think they are both ones that would need significant moves from their current clubs.

Could see it being a free agent potentially, not really anyone sticking out on Transfermarkts free agent section. Likes of Sean Maguire that was at Preston has been injured a lot , Lucas João is on there but I can't see him dropping to League 1. 
    Why won't it be? There the two players we are linked with and already has discussions with Exeter 

Because I genuinely don't think we'll spend a significant fee on someone to be in effect a third option. More likely to be a Sam Smith type on a free. 

Feel that if there's a budget to be spent from the new owners that its better utilised elsewhere in the squad. 
    If we're playing 352, I really don't see it as a third option. We need strength in depth and having 2 'first choice' and then back ups rarely work. If we played 2 up top in all our league games, 3 strikers could start 30+ games each so not like they won't be getting regular action. 
  • Obviously pre-season against lower opposition and with us fielding very mixed and inexperienced teams - but I don't think it's a surprise that we have scored 5 out of the 6 goals so far when Fraser has been on the pitch.

A lot has gone through him with our attacking play, and so far it seems he has looked to be on the edge of the opposition penalty box a lot more which I like. 

It's only a rumour, and I can't see us selling him, but shows that he is still well thought off if he is the player the article has mentioned should be going to a promotion chasing team.
  • Supposedly, Orient are looking at one of our players, but I have no idea on a name. Rumours come from their side.
  • Letting Fraser go would mean we need to replace him with the same or better. Quite where from I don’t know. If someone fitting that bill was available then Derby would be in for them. Unless it’s a silly offer we can’t refuse I’ll be very disappointed.
    He not going anywhere...

I always feed off your ITK positivity Ronnie....🙄
  • MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Would be surprised if it was Nombe or Ladapo , think they are both ones that would need significant moves from their current clubs.

Could see it being a free agent potentially, not really anyone sticking out on Transfermarkts free agent section. Likes of Sean Maguire that was at Preston has been injured a lot , Lucas João is on there but I can't see him dropping to League 1. 
    Why won't it be? There the two players we are linked with and already has discussions with Exeter 

Because I genuinely don't think we'll spend a significant fee on someone to be in effect a third option. More likely to be a Sam Smith type on a free. 

Feel that if there's a budget to be spent from the new owners that its better utilised elsewhere in the squad. 
    But surely we wouldn't be signing them to be third choice, certainly with Leaburn injured we'd be signing someone good enough to replace him immediately, and by extension be good enough that Leaburn will have to earn his place back on merit.
  • Would be very happy if we can sign Sam Smith.
    Me too - he was the freebie I wanted most when the Stockton vs May clamour was going on - but can't see it now we've brought May in and he would also want 4-3-3 which appears to no longer be our preferred formation.

I suspect the sort of forward we will look to bring in is going to have to be more physical than a winger/speed profile.

I think so too. Last season, especially when Leaburn was missing through injury, was the lack of the ball sticking up front ....... immediately coming back keeping our defence under pressure.

Surely Dean Holden won't have missed that point, and with Leaburn again injured, a future signing will be needed to address that?
    A tall physical presence is also needed to help defend set pieces around our own box.

• Sponsored links:

• edited July 2023
    When was roughly the last time we had a perm any 2 from 3, let alone 4, situation with strikers?

If we including Igor we might as well include Chuks 

• edited July 2023
    Oggy Red said:
    News nearly a week old. Plus Washington has already signed for Derby!

I suppose a lot can change very quickly but unless someone’s heard otherwise, Ipswich aren’t prepared to sell. And that’s potentially why Derby moved on to another target in Washington.

I think Ladapo is a very good striker at this level and I’d be very happy to with him but I can’t see it happening even though his name keeps coming up.
  • You can ignore anything from FLW (Football League World) they have absolutely no connections to any clubs and if they don't pull rumours from twitter/fan boards then they speculatively pull out of their arses. Source: I know someone who worked for them
  • Oggy Red said:
    News nearly a week old. Plus Washington has already signed for Derby!

I suppose a lot can change very quickly but unless someone’s heard otherwise, Ipswich aren’t prepared to sell. And that’s potentially why Derby moved on to another target in Washington.

I think Ladapo is a very good striker at this level and I’d be very happy to with him but I can’t see it happening even though his name keeps coming up.
    Ipswich are in the market for strikers. They missed out on Ellis Simms annoyingly but will definitely be trying to bring in a couple. They also have quite a large squad that they will need to trim to be able to register them all. Ladapo might therefore become available later in the window even if he isn’t available now. 

We probably can’t afford to wait for him though with Leaburn being injured. Ipswich could be a good place to shop though if they are looking to offload a few squad players Panutche Camara, Marcus Harness and Greg Leigh would all be good signings 
  • Thankfully I'm not on twitter so only see those messages when they're posted on here.
    Why do people see some bullshit message and take it as Gospel to be the truth.
    Some may possibly have some substance but to me I'd rather rely on people like Cawley to actually give believable information.
  • Letting Fraser go would mean we need to replace him with the same or better. Quite where from I don’t know. If someone fitting that bill was available then Derby would be in for them. Unless it’s a silly offer we can’t refuse I’ll be very disappointed.
    He not going anywhere...
    The oracle has spoken...

Thanks for the memories, Scotty!
  • Sponsored links:

• Derby are supposedly in for Matt Godden. If available, is he one we should be looking to compete for?

May wanted to come “back home” - could Godden want the same? Born and raised in Kent, moved to Scunthorpe at 15.
  • edited July 2023
    Cafc43v3r said:
    When was roughly the last time we had a perm any 2 from 3, let alone 4, situation with strikers?

If we including Igor we might as well include Chuks 

Aneke and squad cap don't mix well. We have 3, in reality 2 strikers, the 4th who could easily be a loan would really be the 3rd and often 2nd choice forward.

Fun times building a Charlton striker line up.
  • Godden and Washington both at Derby? Feels like very similar players. 
  • I could well see Pigott turning up, released by Ipswich...thing is, could he do a job for us on a 6/12 month deal, what with Miles being out for an unknown time...🤷‍♂️
    Noooooooo
  • Wouldn’t mind godden actually but isn’t he getting on a bit and weren’t methvens lot supposedly not keen on may because of resale value? 
  • ross1 said:
    Redhenry said:
    ross1 said:
    Rumour that Derby are after Fraser
    Rubbish, was just a clickbait site suggesting him...
    First time I have put up a rumour, it will be the last 🥴

Agree, if u post them from one of those sites :)