Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Seem to remember Admiral Muskwe being name we've been linked with in the past

Back when he was with Leicester, but the rumour was sunk
    Well, we did once have Sailor Brown
    Yeh and then he got bored with the sea, found his wings and now posts on here 😉.
  • edited July 2023
    barstool said:
    I wondered if the injured players make the trip and whether anyone gets left behind because they are in the midst of a transfer away ? 

Eight years ago in the Mijas golf complex high up in the hills above the Costa del Sol, Chris Solly went with the squad, played a bit of Golf and worked on the bike but didn't join in any of the contact training or the two matches against a Portuguese team and a side from Gibraltar.
  • Blucher said:
    When certain teams come to The Valley, sit deep and play only one striker up top, I’d have thought we’d only want to go with two central defenders, as opposed to three.
    3-5-2 isn’t a defensive set up. Quite the reverse. If played well it’s very attack minded but also flexible.

Agree.
    It's can be a really attacking formation with two attacking wing backs and its straight forward to switch to 5-3-2 if need be for a period. If you decide to stick after going two goals up with 5 minutes to go. 🤞
  • It was great having Bielik in 2018/19 who was comfortable at centre back and defensive midfield. Gave us the option to switch from the preferred diamond to 352 mid-game without the need for subs. Might be a season too early for Mitchell, but if one of the back three could fill a dual role like that it gives some additional flexibility to the team to change things up early in a game if plan a isn't working.
  • RedJohn said:
    cfgs said:
    If CBT is fit and raring to go then he needs to be involved.  His pace and directness scares teams.
    His only attribute is pace, other than pace, he is a very ordinary lower level league 1 player.

CBT is 2 footed and can go past players on either flank which is quite unusual. He is erratic and that is why he plays in League 1.
    Football is a 16 player game now and I feel he is a good option to have off the bench  against tiring League 1 defenders.
  • CBT has plenty of ability, lots of footballing attributes. It is about the thinking with him I reckon, the mentality if you like.
    In my managerial fantasy land he stays, and this season it is a competition between him and Campbell for the left sided attacking malarkey.
  • RedJohn said:
    cfgs said:
    If CBT is fit and raring to go then he needs to be involved.  His pace and directness scares teams.
    His only attribute is pace, other than pace, he is a very ordinary lower level league 1 player.

CBT is 2 footed and can go past players on either flank which is quite unusual. He is erratic and that is why he plays in League 1.
    Football is a 16 player game now and I feel he is a good option to have off the bench  against tiring League 1 defenders.
    I was often described as a two-footed defender, well, tackler that is...
  • fenaddick said:
    wwonder if we’re one of the clubs
    If HMS Piss The League is within Admiral Muskwe's fleet, it's a yes from me.
    I seem to remember us being linked with him before
  • Sponsored links:

• It was great having Bielik in 2018/19 who was comfortable at centre back and defensive midfield. Gave us the option to switch from the preferred diamond to 352 mid-game without the need for subs. Might be a season too early for Mitchell, but if one of the back three could fill a dual role like that it gives some additional flexibility to the team to change things up early in a game if plan a isn't working.
    Bowyer did really well at identifying when to switch it. First in the Doncaster first leg and then the play off final switching from 3-5-2 to the diamond at the right time to win those games. Shame we didn’t have Bielik after that 
  • Oh a Bielik esque CB/CDM would be an absolute joy of a signing. What a fantastic player and such a shame he's gone on to be so injury ravaged. 
  • NabySarr said:
    It was great having Bielik in 2018/19 who was comfortable at centre back and defensive midfield. Gave us the option to switch from the preferred diamond to 352 mid-game without the need for subs. Might be a season too early for Mitchell, but if one of the back three could fill a dual role like that it gives some additional flexibility to the team to change things up early in a game if plan a isn't working.
    Bowyer did really well at identifying when to switch it. First in the Doncaster first leg and then the play off final switching from 3-5-2 to the diamond at the right time to win those games. Shame we didn’t have Bielik after that 
    I don't know why we haven't, or maybe we have in training, tried Dobson in that role.  He is tall enough, especially to be the "spare" man.  He did play as a center back in his youth as well.

I suppose its also creating different problem though.
  • seth plum said:
    CBT has plenty of ability, lots of footballing attributes. It is about the thinking with him I reckon, the mentality if you like.
    In my managerial fantasy land he stays, and this season it is a competition between him and Campbell for the left sided attacking malarkey.
    It's about the football brain, as Seth says.

How many times have we seen a player here who has all the ability but no football brain?

We often see players with plenty of tricks and skills but no idea how to play the game.
    They belong in a circus - they're pretty useless in a competitive match.

• Derby have signed Kane Wilson.
  • nagAddick said:
    Derby have signed Kane Wilson.

That's a very strong right hand side for them of Wilson and Joe Ward. 
  • Pompey have signed Regan Poole.
  • RedRyan said:
    Luton hoping to ship him out on loan, or after a sail? I imagine there's 20,000 league one clubs after him.
    He might end up at Port Vale
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    NabySarr said:
    It was great having Bielik in 2018/19 who was comfortable at centre back and defensive midfield. Gave us the option to switch from the preferred diamond to 352 mid-game without the need for subs. Might be a season too early for Mitchell, but if one of the back three could fill a dual role like that it gives some additional flexibility to the team to change things up early in a game if plan a isn't working.
    I don't know why we haven't, or maybe we have in training, tried Dobson in that role.  He is tall enough, especially to be the "spare" man.  He did play as a center back in his youth as well.

I suppose it’s also creating different problem though.
    Not sure Dobbo has the build for CB in L1. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    NabySarr said:

I suppose it’s also creating different problem though.
    Not sure Dobbo has the build for CB in L1. 
    A few have mentioned Mitchell could be a CM. He's got the build, great with his feet, it may be the experience that he lacks.
  • Don’t agree with this at all
  • sam3110 said:
    Ferryman said:
    Ferryman said:
    Jac_52 said:
    sam3110 said:
    How I see it:
    We should bring in Sessegnon, Edun, a right winger, another central midfielder and 2 strikers to come in, Kirk/DJ out, Kanu and Elewere to get league 2 loans til Jan. 

Isted, AMB
    Egbo, Sessegnon (Asiimwe)
    Ness, Hector, Lloyd, Thomas, Mitchell (Elewere)
    Edun, Chin (Roddy)
    Dobson, Fraser, McGrandles, Henry, New (Anderson)
    New, Campbell, CBT, Payne, Kirk/DJ
    May, Leaburn, New, New (Kanu)

Bracketed players are youth to be used in the future/in emergencies. That's 24 players, with multiple players being able to cover different positions, like Thomas at left back, CBT at wing back, Payne playing in the middle or wide, Sess on either wing, Mitchell stepping into midfield etc. Etc.

I think that's achievable, and reasonable, it's not a squad that will Piss The League™ but it should be a solid grounding, as long as the new players in question are of a quality that improves us

I'd expect 4 of those players to be loans
    Not a million miles off but I think it’s looking like we’re going to play 352 so no need at all to have a new winger on top of Campbell, CBT, Payne and one of Kirk or DJ. Prefer another CB and CM as that midfield doesn't look particularly strong.
    Yeah seeing that midfield written down it is majorly lacking. Not sure Henry is ready to play a massive part in the league.

Roddy should also be nowhere near the first team under any circumstances.
    Clayden miles better than Roddy.
    They play in different positions though?
    I'm judging from when Clayden played LB or LWB
    Nope, Clayden was dogshit at LB for us, Roddy had a bad injury last season but overall is better in that role than Clayden was. 

People are just against him because his old man was here before him so the prejudice has set in 
    I think that’s a small part of it .  The fact that he wasn’t attached to a club before he joined us doesn’t help either - he was taken straight from the Bradfield College 1st team is baffling .  Clayden actually had a couple of decent games before a couple of awful ones 
  • sam3110 said:
    Ferryman said:
    Ferryman said:
    Jac_52 said:
    sam3110 said:
    How I see it:
    We should bring in Sessegnon, Edun, a right winger, another central midfielder and 2 strikers to come in, Kirk/DJ out, Kanu and Elewere to get league 2 loans til Jan. 

Isted, AMB
    Edun, Chin (Roddy)

Bracketed players are youth to be used in the future/in emergencies. That's 24 players, with multiple players being able to cover different positions, like Thomas at left back, CBT at wing back, Payne playing in the middle or wide, Sess on either wing, Mitchell stepping into midfield etc. Etc.

I think that's achievable, and reasonable, it's not a squad that will Piss The League™ but it should be a solid grounding, as long as the new players in question are of a quality that improves us

Not a million miles off but I think it’s looking like we’re going to play 352 so no need at all to have a new winger on top of Campbell, CBT, Payne and one of Kirk or DJ. Prefer another CB and CM as that midfield doesn't look particularly strong.
    Yeah seeing that midfield written down it is majorly lacking. Not sure Henry is ready to play a massive part in the league.

Nope, Clayden was dogshit at LB for us, Roddy had a bad injury last season but overall is better in that role than Clayden was. 

People are just against him because his old man was here before him so the prejudice has set in 
    Claydon at Bolton last season = case closed

awful left back, he looked like what he was, a young winger playing out of position
  • sam3110 said:
    Ferryman said:
    Ferryman said:
    Jac_52 said:
    sam3110 said:
    How I see it:

Isted, AMB
    Edun, Chin (Roddy)

Not at all. He's been awful whenever I've seen him play coupled with having no outstanding attributes so there isn't even any thing resembling potential that makes me think he has anything but zero chance of being a professional footballer.
  • Seem to remember Admiral Muskwe being name we've been linked with in the past

Back when he was with Leicester, but the rumour was sunk
    Well, we did once have Sailor Brown
    And Dave Shipperley