Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Derby, Bolton, Barnsley, Portsmouth, Blackpool and Reading all look to me like top six potential. Then there are the Peterborough’s, Oxford and a surprise team. I don’t think it’s going to be that easy for top six. The squad we have currently isn’t going to make it. I hope the manager and owners are as aware as we are.
    Of course plenty of strong teams still left in this division. We all start together and the strongest teams will keep pushing forward.
    This is no walk in the park and I trust whoever owns us realize this. Until this squad is added to we are going to , at best stand still.

• Derby, Bolton, Barnsley, Portsmouth, Blackpool and Reading all look to me like top six potential. Then there are the Peterborough’s, Oxford and a surprise team. I don’t think it’s going to be that easy for top six. The squad we have currently isn’t going to make it. I hope the manager and owners are as aware as we are.
    Of course plenty of strong teams still left in this division. We all start together and the strongest teams will keep pushing forward.
    This is no walk in the park and I trust whoever owns us realize this. Until this squad is added to we are going to , at best stand still.

Going backwards currently. More out than in & still need 4 or 5 players just to make a decent team for the start of the season....which is less than 4 weeks away. 

Hopefully by the time the 4th Ashes Test/The Open have started the takeover would be finalised and the purse strings relaxed a bit.  
    Did not know the window shut today ? Plenty of time , window shuts end of Aug lot of the better players don’t get released from their clubs till later in the window after they done their business 
  • Good luck Sean
  • I’m running out of lols, sorry guys.
  • edited July 2023
    I’m running out of lols, sorry guys.
    Here you go, have one on me 😉
  • Sponsored links:

• Couple of less than reputable Twitter Rumours accounts saying Scott Banks is going to Carlisle on loan. Wonder if we've completely changed targets on that one? 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Couple of less than reputable Twitter Rumours accounts saying Scott Banks is going to Carlisle on loan. Wonder if we've completely changed targets on that one? 
    If we’re going 352 I can’t see us going for Banks to be honest. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Couple of less than reputable Twitter Rumours accounts saying Scott Banks is going to Carlisle on loan. Wonder if we've completely changed targets on that one? 
    If we’re going 352 I can’t see us going for Banks to be honest. 

This is my thinking that we've just moved on to looking at different positions as we aren't really going to be using out and out wingers 
  • Im sure Banks will bounce back after his loan 
  • His interest will certainly rise...
  • edited July 2023
    Valley11 said:
    That’s the standard response for any player joining  a new team 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Signed late last night so he could go on Pompey’s team bonding trip to Spain…..he’s the 9th new face they are looking to integrate into their squad.

Think they might start slowly and have my doubts about Will Norris as a keeper but they feel like they're putting together a top 6 challenging squad. 
    Agreed, I think Pompey will be up there in the top 6 come the end of the season. Derby look the early favourites, hopefully we can be there or there abouts as overall it looks the weakest league 1 for a while.

Derby look very strong even if they lose Jason Knight to Bristol City , Bolton assuming they lose no key players will be up there but beyond that it feels like a prime opportunity to get top 6 - there's no one coming down I'd fear would get autos. 
    There's usually a surprise team though. No one would've predicted Blackpool and Plymouth would be promoted. 

Blackpool went down.
  • Sponsored links:

• Interesting that Morgan and Clare both got 3 year deals at L1 clubs just relegated from the Championship, and Lavelle got a 2 year deal at L1 Carlisle which makes Ryan Inniss joining L2 Forest Green seem a bit of a poor move for him.

I don't know about poor, but it looks very risky its only a one year deal as well.  The manager has been sacked since he signed as well.

I get the "he knows his level" nonsense but it's quite hard to see the motivation for him to sign that in June.

IMO either he is skint and needs a job, there was something about Forest Green specifically location, wages, manager etc or he backs himself to make more money in his next move by doing that.

It's the sort of deal I would expect to happen in late August, at the earliest.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Interesting that Morgan and Clare both got 3 year deals at L1 clubs just relegated from the Championship, and Lavelle got a 2 year deal at L1 Carlisle which makes Ryan Inniss joining L2 Forest Green seem a bit of a poor move for him.

I don't know about poor, but it looks very risky its only a one year deal as well.  The manager has been sacked since he signed as well.

I get the "he knows his level" nonsense but it's quite hard to see the motivation for him to sign that in June.

IMO either he is skint and needs a job, there was something about Forest Green specifically location, wages, manager etc or he backs himself to make more money in his next move by doing that.

Screams lack of options for me and a fear that if he didn’t take the first (seemingly reasonable) offer that came along, he could’ve found himself scrapping around for a club later in the year.

Morgan (however much I don’t think he’ll go on to do anything) probably has more stock.  As does Clare and even Lavelle over Inniss.  Clubs would’ve been aware of his disciplinary record, and even though he finished the season under Holden a bit better than he had been for the last 18 months, he’s not a great footballer 

Going backwards currently. More out than in & still need 4 or 5 players just to make a decent team for the start of the season....which is less than 4 weeks away. 

Hopefully by the time the 4th Ashes Test/The Open have started the takeover would be finalised and the purse strings relaxed a bit.  
    Did not know the window shut today ? Plenty of time , window shuts end of Aug lot of the better players don’t get released from their clubs till later in the window after they done their business 
    Yeah yeah....heard it all before. Worked wonders the last 2 seasons hasn't it. 

Derby & Pompey must have got it all wrong then. Silly mugs. Fancy bringing in players before the season even starts - best to wait until Sept 1st & save yourself 2 months wages  
    Happy to bet £50 to the upbeats that Portsmouth don’t make play offs

Yeah yeah....heard it all before. Worked wonders the last 2 seasons hasn't it. 

Derby & Pompey must have got it all wrong then. Silly mugs. Fancy bringing in players before the season even starts - best to wait until Sept 1st & save yourself 2 months wages  
    Golfie when Hector only signs a one year contract: ‘I can’t believe we’ve offered this length contract, we’re just going to have to bring in lots of players again next year and rinse and repeat’

Also Golfie when Portsmouth bring in a whole new squad during the summer for the second season running: ‘That’s the model we should be following’
     :D  :D
  • cabbles said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Interesting that Morgan and Clare both got 3 year deals at L1 clubs just relegated from the Championship, and Lavelle got a 2 year deal at L1 Carlisle which makes Ryan Inniss joining L2 Forest Green seem a bit of a poor move for him.

Screams lack of options for me and a fear that if he didn’t take the first (seemingly reasonable) offer that came along, he could’ve found himself scrapping around for a club later in the year.

Morgan (however much I don’t think he’ll go on to do anything) probably has more stock.  As does Clare and even Lavelle over Inniss.  Clubs would’ve been aware of his disciplinary record, and even though he finished the season under Holden a bit better than he had been for the last 18 months, he’s not a great footballer 
    Inniss is a perfectly decent L1 defender. Yes he gets too many red cards and drops the occasional clanger, but this is L1 we're talking about, where most players are flawed in some way. I'm amazed he couldn't have got a L1 contract with the likes of Orient or Northampton.
  • Roddy is the only one of the U21s who featured against Dartford to be playing tonight for the U21s, so we went to Spain with no left back at all...
  • Roddy is the only one of the U21s who featured against Dartford to be playing tonight for the U21s, so we went to Spain with no left back at all...
    Richard Chin is in Spain