Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• I'd like to see players better than the division. Dack types.
    What players like Harry Arter … 🤔
  • edited July 2023
    Not seen much of the youth teams but Roddy played well for the u21s in the senior cup final against Haringey. Not sure that means he’s ready for a step up. In that game Mitchell was head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch, but I’ve still not been particularly impressed by any of his competitive appearances for the men’s first team so far.

There’s undoubtedly a lot of talent in the youth but I think if we’re relying on any of these (or Kanu or Henry) playing regularly next season then we’re not really looking at being competitive.
    Roddy to me looks like a steady, but undynamic left back. Definitely not a modern day attacking full back or wing back.
  • not for me
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Signed late last night so he could go on Pompey’s team bonding trip to Spain…..he’s the 9th new face they are looking to integrate into their squad.
    Still not one I would have at charlton 
    Out of interest mate who would you like to see us sign.
    Like to see the Exeter striker think he would be one for the future, and some value in him but would not pay what their asking at present .. Aaron Collins would be fantastic signing because he can also play in attacking mid alongside Fraser that would be some threat from midfield .. the new owners have their own targets most likey level or two above where we are looking now so if that’s all sorted this week then the shopping window widens up for us . 

But my concern is wide positions we need far better quality then Campbell and CBT if we want to score the amount of goals to get us top 6 .. think that’s where money should be spent . 
  • I'd like to see players better than the division. Dack types.
    You're harking back to duct tape, are you?
  • _MrDick said:
    I'd like to see players better than the division. Dack types.
    What players like Harry Arter … 🤔
    No. We all have a sense who are better than the league, some people's may be different than others. Ultimately, I trust Holden as long as he gets the backing to do what he thinks we need.
  • Sadly this takeover feels like it is dragging on longer than Zabeel's.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Sadly this takeover feels like it is dragging on longer than Zabeel's.
    It’s not really .. it’s been quite quick think your taken the Jan bid into consideration as well which are two diff bids .. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Reading want to sign Sean Clare but can’t do anything until their financial situation is sorted out
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I thought it was being wrapped up by this Friday?
  • shine166 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    I thought it was being wrapped up by this Friday?
    Would really hope so. 
  • Not a rumour but would anyone else take Jordan Cousins on a free as an upgrade to Clare? Same mould of player I just think Jordan does it better 
  • Injuries would be my biggest worry with Cousins. Don't think I'd even take him as depth. 
  • Not a rumour but would anyone else take Jordan Cousins on a free as an upgrade to Clare? Same mould of player I just think Jordan does it better 
    He has played 20 games a season for the last few years, on the basis, it's a no from me
  • edited July 2023
    Addick_8 said:
    Have a sneaky feeling Tayo Edun rumours are going to start getting some traction soon.
    @Addick_8

Any reason for that comment?

• Sponsored links:

• They describe him as a defender 
  • "A versatile defender" - played right-back not convincingly, played left-back, arguably played his best football for us a right-sided centre back in a 3-5-2 formation. 

Good luck to him, even if he was responsible for what I thought was the low point of our last season - getting booked for trying to scuff-up the penalty spot when we lost at Stockport in the FA Cup replay. 

• Wigan's business has been patchy so far.
    Think they are trying to be more sustainable (which makes sense looking at what has nearly happened to them twice!) and not overspend to try and punch above their weight. They’ll be happy with consolidation at this level for the next couple of years I would expect. And starting on minus points means it’s quite difficult to attract good players 
  • I don’t feel we quite brought out his potential, but I think that has been said before from previous clubs so maybe we have. 

I feel he had really frustrating lapses in concentration which cost us and you couldn’t trust him but equally had some wonderful moments and a great engine. 

I liked him, I wish him well and think he is at his level. Never questioned his commitment.